Very depressing reading done - need help

LilySage

I had a tarot reading done yesterday by a very knowledgeable person. A person who you would all know and recognize. A top expert in the field. It was done in person. I shuffled the cards of her deck.

But the cards were pretty bad. Well, the whole reading was pretty bad. Ok, really bad and depressing. Not to get into details about the specifics of my situation, but something along the lines of - you gonna wait a long long time before things change for the better and then when good finally happens it's gonna end after a short period of time (4 wands) abruptly, unexpectedly and painfully (10 swords and reversed 3 swords). And when asked if I can change this outcome the answer was a definite no (lenormand's whip, key and snake)

Now, this stuff really really got to me. I am in pain since then. I've been having an extremely hard time in my life for several years now, with the last year being just unbearable where I am borderline suicadal most of the time. I've done a tremendous amount of work on myself and was actually starting to feel pretty good about my life and my future. It seemed that things will finally start going well soon. I was being positive and hopeful. I went to do that reading because she was in the area and frankly I wanted to hear an affirmation that things will start looking up very soon and I will finally be rewarded for my suffering and hard work.

But no. It was an incredibly depressing reading. And it really got to me. Especially the part of getting something good after waiting for it for a long time and then that good abruptly and painfully ending.

Now my question is this - how do I erase this reading from my mind? How do I convince myself that it was just one of the possibilities. What can I tell myself that would make it all "go away". I don't want it. I wish I never went to her. I was so positive and hopeful before and now I feel that I am sinking back into a depression. I am thinking to go and do another reading on the same topic with somebody else - just to see if maybe I will get a different result. I know it's dumb, but maybe it will be more positive. But then again, what if it will be as bad as the first one. Then I will really get all things affirmed.

Please help

Thank you

faerenheit

Maybe it's you sinking back into depression that was read in the reading. I don't know how to explain it, but getting readings can affect what happens to you in the future.

I'll use myself as an example. When I was awaiting news on whether I got accepted into Nursing School or not, I went to get my cards read personally by a really great card reader, and she said I'll be depressed and disappointed for a little while.

It wasn't until I found out I got accepted that that depression and disappointment was caused by me being affected by the reading and thinking I'd gotten rejected.

So as a suggestion, I wouldn't sacrifice my happiness over a reading. Live life as you can, and if you're still down from the reading, ask for advice from the cards.

jean bosco

Maybe that reader had a bad day? That could happen also. It seems also what that person did is plain fortune telling, leaving you with nothing but a bad feeling and no solution how to deal with the situation. To me that doesn't sound very expert...sorry.

I once had an astrology reading with someone that is also well known on the internet and he told me very honestly that 2 different Astrologers will give you 2 different reading to your horoscope - and that is alright he said.
So don't take a reading as a gospel I'd say. Or like faerenheit says, don't sacrifice your happiness over a reading.

Apollonia

One of the worst readings I ever had was from someone who was very well known in his field. After getting the reading I realized he was a "hack with a knack" - someone who isn't really very good at what they advertise, but is a wizard at self-promotion. Live and learn!

I have to say, though, I have never seen the Four of Wands (if it was upright), meaning that something good is going to end. That's just a very strange interpretation of what is usually a happy card.

LeFou

We've all had those. And it's just one reading. So take some time, breathe, relax, connect with close ones, reconnect with nature, get outdoors, meditate next to a gurgling fountain, purify your thoughts, return to a neutral state.

Then perhaps ask for second opinions on each card. There is a range and a richness, and it helps to see the hazards of those fixed meanings. The cards never said a word -- only a person did. So live well, today.

r3alchild

I had a tarot reading done yesterday by a very knowledgeable person. A person who you would all know and recognize. A top expert in the field. It was done in person. I shuffled the cards of her deck.

But the cards were pretty bad. Well, the whole reading was pretty bad. Ok, really bad and depressing. Not to get into details about the specifics of my situation, but something along the lines of - you gonna wait a long long time before things change for the better and then when good finally happens it's gonna end after a short period of time (4 wands) abruptly, unexpectedly and painfully (10 swords and reversed 3 swords). And when asked if I can change this outcome the answer was a definite no (lenormand's whip, key and snake)

Now, this stuff really really got to me. I am in pain since then. I've been having an extremely hard time in my life for several years now, with the last year being just unbearable where I am borderline suicadal most of the time. I've done a tremendous amount of work on myself and was actually starting to feel pretty good about my life and my future. It seemed that things will finally start going well soon. I was being positive and hopeful. I went to do that reading because she was in the area and frankly I wanted to hear an affirmation that things will start looking up very soon and I will finally be rewarded for my suffering and hard work.

But no. It was an incredibly depressing reading. And it really got to me. Especially the part of getting something good after waiting for it for a long time and then that good abruptly and painfully ending.

Now my question is this - how do I erase this reading from my mind? How do I convince myself that it was just one of the possibilities. What can I tell myself that would make it all "go away". I don't want it. I wish I never went to her. I was so positive and hopeful before and now I feel that I am sinking back into a depression. I am thinking to go and do another reading on the same topic with somebody else - just to see if maybe I will get a different result. I know it's dumb, but maybe it will be more positive. But then again, what if it will be as bad as the first one. Then I will really get all things affirmed.

Please help

Thank you
Well that's interesting, a good reader should be able to analyse bad readings and offer solutions. If you can reconstruct the reading I'll do that for you.

ana luisa

Well that's interesting, a good reader should be able to analyse bad readings and offer solutions. If you can reconstruct the reading I'll do that for you.

I was thinking the same thing. The reader may be a phenomenon but she/he surely knows zilch about dealing with human hearts... She could have offered ways to avoid the problems or how to face them a bit stronger. This felt like a show of power if anything. If you need, I can ask some questions for you. A reading is NOT set in stone. It is just how energies are alligned at that specific point. They can change and so can you.

Grizabella

I'm wondering why getting another reading with better cards would make you think things will turn out better. How will you know which reading was the one that's right? Getting another reading in hopes of getting an outcome you like better makes no sense.

Why not just vow to do all you can to change your outcome? You're not a victim of life, you're as powerful over it as you choose to be. Take the cards that the lady drew for you and use the information to take steps to make the outcome different. After all, if you're warned of a road washed out when you're driving, it makes sense not to keep driving toward it, doesn't it? So just write down what she told you, what the cards were if you can remember, and then map out a way to make things happen differently. It really is possible to do that.

chowdmouse

The cards never said a word -- only a person did.

I whole-heartedly agree with this! I am still a relative newbie, and am continually astounded by the incredible range of interpretations that can be offered with each card.

I am curious- how much did you share with her during the reading? Did you interact a lot, and mention that you felt you were coming out of a long, difficult period?

ravenest

One of the worst readings I ever had was from someone who was very well known in his field. After getting the reading I realized he was a "hack with a knack" - someone who isn't really very good at what they advertise, but is a wizard at self-promotion. Live and learn!

I have to say, though, I have never seen the Four of Wands (if it was upright), meaning that something good is going to end. That's just a very strange interpretation of what is usually a happy card.

There are a lot of people around that are not good at what they do and rely on hype and 'self promotion'. As the astrologer said ... all your readings could be different ... so much for 'fortune telling' eh ?

Also, from what I could make out the reading consisted of tarot and Lenormand cards together ? It also to me sounds like a 'this will happen' reading, that offered no advice or solution and was not sensitive to your state.

In my deck and readings I too would see the 4 wands very differently as well : " it is the Lord of all manifested active Power... and is now built up into a solid system ... It is also referred to Venus in Aries, which indicates that one cannot establish one's work without tact and gentleness. "

The wands are headed by the Ram ... Aries; but at the other end of the wands are the Doves of Venus. here we have the basic Mars / Venus : Man / Woman interplay as well.

Many 'professionals' are 'successful' because they are good at the process of success, that doesnt mean they are good at the actual skill they profess to offer ... I run into them all the time ... after a while they stand out and one can detect them ...

IMO that readers 'tarot diploma' should be withdrawn. But it wont be , they will probably go on to continue making money and basking in 'glory' ... I would definitely take up the kind offers above LilySage and get a reading or a new interpretation.

Dont let peoples reputations fool you. In many cases people that have a reputation and are popular are that way because they have learnt to manage those things ... it might not be related to other skills - just look at the marketing and adoration around some entertainers that have little talent .

Nowadays, if one wants to be 'successful professionally' you have to understand and apply all that rubbish. Its all about marketing yourself .

... and good on you , up there, those people that have offered a remedy and help with a reading :thumbsup: