Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative Set--100 Years!

Abrac

You could be right truelighth. I wasn't really going by the fine details, just the overall look. As I said, I'm waiting to see.

Debra

Someone should ask Stuart Kaplan. USGames has a membership here.

Queen of Pentacle

starlightexp favor

starlightexp
Thanks for posting these pics, I ams sure that it will help a lot of us.

Could it be possible for you to put (if you have the time) some of the very few cards that US games show from this coming deck
(emperor, 6 of pentacles, 6 of wands)

Then some curious (as I) could really compare both version!

Thanks in advance.

hunter

That crosshatching is really interesting. I'd like to see the new cards include that. How did we end out with standard cards with such different backgrounds?

Aerin

What a shame that Rider and Sons (well, Ebury Publishing/ Random House etc) aren't publishing their own anniversary edition. They did their own 90th Anniversary edition - celebrating their own birthday but effectively the deck birthday as well (I think).

Or maybe they are. No sign on the site, I shall e-mail.

Aerin

truelighth

Abrac said:
You could be right truelighth. I wasn't really going by the fine details, just the overall look. As I said, I'm waiting to see.

Well, I am also waiting to see. But I do think it is probably a reproduction of the Pam-A. Of course, it helps to actually have the material to compare images, like I do. Still.. fingers crossed on this one!

Abrac

I'm quite sure you're right.

Briar Rose

Debra said:
Someone should ask Stuart Kaplan. USGames has a membership here.

Thank you Debra for the nuge.

I was brave enough to write to Mr. Kaplan this morning inviting him to join us here on AT. I told him that no one from AT asked me to do this. That we've been wanting to hear from him about the printing and card stock.

I feel this is a very exciting time to be able to evenually have the Commemorative Set!!!

With the 2 books, decks and beautiful(hoping) box set $35.00 is a great price.

Does anyone know any dates to availability yet?

Essjay

Gosh - I go away for a week and all this has happened. I would also love to know about the lamination and the colouration of this. I'm very interested, it looks like a lovely project.