Collection of some Halloween themed spreads

Eowyn

Here you go, Glass Owl

I made this one in 2008.

It is called The Box and it is dark themed. For occasions when one is feeling trapped.

It has to look like a tight box:

***4****6****5****

********0********

***1****2****3****

6 and 2 are placed laying (read the upright meaning), and with the lateral cards (1, 3, 4 and 5) you form the walls of the box, like columns. Oppress the 0 card.

0 - Significator for the querent.
Think about the jewel inside the stone. You may pull a card or use the shadow card from the bottom of the deck.

1 - Darker Corner.
The nature, the base or foundation of the issue. Why the querent is in this place. The card related with past actions.

2 - Muddy Ground.
What the querent is standing above, for good or bad.

3 - The Blind Corner.
What the querent doesn't accept or is not aware of.

4 - The Bat's Corner.
Fears, what the querent is afraid of. What freezes him. Can be conscious fears or dreams.

5 - The Armory.
For good or bad, how is the querent prepared to make the move and get out. Tools, skills, help from someone, energy.

6 - The Cover.
The way out. Not "the future", but the way out that the querent may follow to get out, may work with, may push like a cover and get out from the well. What is heavy over your head and at the same time is the only thing that still keeps you inside the box, no matter how did you get yourself into it.

Glass Owl

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Please keep them coming!

Afraid of the Dark Spread by Sammie

1--

1. What are you afraid of? Deep down, inside yourself - where you don�t look very often, what is it that you are really afraid of that you won�t admit even to yourself.

2. What will turn on the light? What can make this secret fear go away, to make you feel more at peace within yourself - or what will reveal this fear to you.

Here is a graphic of this spread:

The Moon Spread by Thalia Took

This spread is for clarity when the shadows and light are confusing.

Shuffle the deck and lay out cards 1, 2 and 3.

--1--
-----
--2--
3---4

Card 1: This card is the Moon, the numinous dream image, representing magic, mystery and original beauty, the dark and the light, the beauty of the still night and the deep shadows. This card represents ideals and desires, intentions and clarity.

Card 2: This is the reflection in the water, the clouded sight, the mirror reflecting your biases and prejudices, the skewed perspective, the imperfect translation.

Card 3: This is that which the moonlight illumines, though dimly. These are the snatches of dreams you remember, the bits and pieces of clarity, what you can see from here.

Card 4: Take this card from the bottom of the deck (also referred as the shadow card) and lay it next to card 3. This card represents that which is still in deep shadow, that which you can't quite make out, hints and glimpses of things you don't recognize. This is the darkness and confusion, or what is confusing you.

Both cards 3 and 4 are seen through the unclear glass, the biases shown in the reflection card. By comparing the three you can help determine and further define your perspective.

Glass Owl

faerylvr's What Do I Hide and How Do I Face It? Spread

"needed something new to look into my soul... so here it is... let me know how it goes..."

Who: 1……2…..3

Reshuffle

What: 1……2…..3

Reshuffle

How: 1…….2…..3

Who:
Who do I see when I look in the mirror?
Who do others see when they look at me?
Who am I beneath the surface?

What?
What do I try to hide from myself?
What do I hide from others?
What do I have in the deep shadows?

How?
How do I face what I try to hide?
How do I show the world what I hide from them?
How do I look into the shadows of my soul?

Personally I view this spread by faerylvr as 3 separate spreads since you are reshuffling between each. If you wanted to modify the directions and not do the reshuffling I'm guessing that you could just lay the cards out like so...

1--2--3
-------
4--5--6
-------
7--8--9

Glass Owl

Mahjong's Moving Through The Stages of Grief Spread (5)

"So it's a simple spread on a not so simple part of life. I know how hard it can be to move through each stage of the grieving process that’s associated with the loss of a loved one or being dumped by a total 'Ahole.' Hope this helps"

1. Shock and Denial
Card 1.What do I need to do for myself that will help me deal with the Shock and denial of this break up/loss?

2. Pain and Guilt
Card 2.What do I need to do for myself that will help me deal with the pain and or guilt associated with this break up/loss?

3. Anger and Bargaining
Card 3.What can I do for myself that will help me deal with the anger and or bargaining associated with this break up/ loss?

4. Depression, Reflection and Loneliness
Card 4.What can I do for myself that will help me deal with the depression, reflection and loneliness associated with this break up/loss?

5. Acceptance
Card 5.What can I look forward to when I’ve finally accepted the break up/loss?

Glass Owl

I created a thread for this spread here. I changed some of the wording for card position 1.

The Healing Tarot Spread by Leigh-Ann Andersen

"While most spreads are concerned with the seeking of advice and guidance regarding a particular situation, the Healing Spread is instead focused on psychological healing."

--6--
-4-5-
2-1-3

1. Emotional Block: This card reveals an emotional block, unresolved issue, or trauma from the past. This block is likely preventing you from moving forward.*

2. Past Relationships: This card examines how your emotional block has affected your past relationships.

3. Present Relationships: This card delves into how your emotional block is affecting your present relationships, as well as how it is affecting your personal growth.

4. Revelation: This card reveals what new things can be learned from the current exploration of your hidden emotional blocks.

5. Guidance: This card gives suggestions and advice as to what might be done, emotional or otherwise, to get past your own personal blocks and encourage healthy emotional growth.

6. Spiritual Lesson: This card examines the spiritual lesson that can be learned from the current exploration of your hidden emotional blocks.

Glass Owl

KMilliron's The Nightmare Before Christmas Spread (8)

KMilliron's Introspection Spread(9)

Layout
****1*2****
**3*****4**
***5*6*7***
****8*9****

Card One; Where your mind rests right now.
What ever issue seems to surface the most. This card should be quite forward and simplistic, and if your mind tells you to draw a couple more cards, do it, just so we can clearly see everything on the table.
Card Two; The subconcious thoughts.
Okay, now what's REALLY bugging you? What does this all tie into. This card may need more looking into than the previous card.

For example, getting a D- on a paper would prolly fall into card one, but the real issue (card two) would be you trying to get into college, or not living up to your parent's standards. Just thought I'd throw in the differences here in case any one gets confused.

Card Three; Where you're honest with yourself/ Card Four; Where you're decieving yourself
Let's be honest, we're all a bunch of liars (writing that down for a possible song name cause that's just awesome) especially with ourselves. Luckily this is where tarot steps in. You know that one friend who's constantly telling you things you don't want to hear because you need to hear it? Yeah, that's tarot.

Card Five; What you fail to see in yourself
This card represents your hidden potential. This is what everyone sees in you, and tells you about, but you refuse to acknowledge. If you're feeling down write down everything this card makes you think of and sleep on it overnight. You may be surprised.

Card Six; What you fail to realize
This card may not be straight forward. Expect to take some time. This could be a personal truth, a situation that needs your attention, someone important you may meet sometime. Go with your gut on this.

Card Seven; What others fail to see in you
Shrek's like an onion, and you know what? So am I. So are you. This card represents the layers the outside world can't see. Don't be surprised if this is something you've failed to notice as well. The hardest person to understand is yourself.

Card Eight and Nine; The final result. Take it or leave it.

Glass Owl

Please don't forget to add your favorite Halloween or darker themed spreads to this growing thread! As always please provide a link back to the original spread if there is one. Thanks!

Shade

I really love this thread Glass Owl, I'll be trying a few of these this month. I've made one change to the Season of the Witch spread since I first started using it. The position for The Skull was always problematic it sort of felt like: "more advice." I have changed The Skull to mean "a warning, be careful around this issue!" Boogedy boogedy boo!

Spread is shaped like a witch's hat
_____1
____2_3
___4_5_6

1. The Witch Herself - Significator - sets the tone for the reading, the special powers the querent has and their ability to transform energy
2. The Cauldron - something percolating in your life - the matter of the reading
3. The Spellbook - the plan, where things are currently headed
4. The Black Cat - forces that are here to assist you
5. The Skull - Beware! This card indicates a warning in your endeavor.
6. The Broom - what you need to take your plans further

The Spell - in a recent workshop with Nattacia Zeviar I was inspired by the way she assigned herself a task based on her readings. I think of it as Homework. The spell cast by the reading is the way I can improve my life through action.