Tarocco Francese di Besancon .. how fabbo

prudence

Yes, I must admit, my lil' nail scissor snips have been ... quite irregular, too. But for an old-timey deck, wouldn't this be right? I mean, until the money for a really good rounder shows up ...

You mean for Le Fanu to do this or for me...? The latter scenario would end in tears and utter tragedy. Maybe Le Fanu has it in him to get it right, (78 x 4) times. Though I would maybe try it on an old timey deck that was less expensive and well crafted as an IM deck. Hmm, that sounds like the time I did this to my Thoth....oops, nevermind. :D

You know, I do have the Vandenborre Bacchus, it has some sloppy borders that are not even as narrow as the Besancon....nope, just recalled it has the checkerboard pattern right on the edge. I'll have to look at it to see how tight the borders are with the card edges....

Trimming and corner rounding threads always get me in the mood to pull out sharp utensils with the delusional mindset that I am able to pull off such a feat (with no undo button!). I should slowly walk away....and not look back. :D

agviz

Glad there is not much cringing at the sight of the cards!

La Fanu, thanks for your comments. I thought I remember reading a post of yours somewhere that round corners aren't necessarily historically inaccurate (am I imagining that?). When looking at the Besancon, it does look as though the source deck had round corners.

prudence

Glad there is not much cringing at the site of the cards!
No, Agviz, the sight of your trimming/corner rounding job has me thinking this is an attainable goal! And it is perfection, in the scans you posted. I covet your newly rounded Besancon. (so watch out!)

agviz

Ha, ha, I hope you do it!