Victorian romantic

kellyshay

This is a weird post but I'm a little frustrated..
I have the victorian romantic by magic realist and I noticed that the back of their cards have different color constract..Some backs are deeper in colors than others..And it is very obvious!
It bugs me because it effects me when I pulled cards out..

I usually fan my cards out on the table and pick random cards out. And immediately I noticed the big difference in the deeper and lighter coloured backs...Its like I can tell which card is which already!

Is everyone else's deck like this as well or did I get a defected deck?

nisaba

Dunno, but "defected" is a harsh word.

I prefer "unique". If they weren't designed that way, then you have a one-off, unique, irreplaceable deck!

rwcarter

Which edition Victorian Romantic are you talking about?

You can still fan your cards and randomly choose them. Just close your eyes to increase the randomness of the draw. ;)

kellyshay

Sorry I dont mean to come across harsh at all..I like baba studio and love their decks very much..Its just something that really bugs me...I think its me being OCD..

I have the 3rd edition..the newest one

prudence

Was coming here to post the same thoughts as Rodney...I never look at my cards when I pull, I prefer not to "think" about which card is this etc, I try to let my mind go blank, it just seems more random that way. Quite often I close my eyes while doing so.

Alta

To answer your question: I just got mine out to check and the backs are of uniform colour on my copy.

kellyshay

Thank you Alta :)
I'll contact baba now :)

nisaba

But keep the defective copy, if they'll let you. It'll end up being priceless! (It already is, for me).

Blithildis

I think its me being OCD..
No, I don't think so.
It's the deck that has defects - all the backs are the same in my edition. It will sure be replaced by baba, they are known for their excellent customer service.

Melia

This is a weird post but I'm a little frustrated..
I have the victorian romantic by magic realist and I noticed that the back of their cards have different color constract..Some backs are deeper in colors than others..And it is very obvious!
It bugs me because it effects me when I pulled cards out..

Is everyone else's deck like this as well or did I get a defected deck?

Yes you got a 'defective' deck. You were not harsh. Yes it's annoying and frustrating. (I had 2 decks that were like this too - the backs with the darker colouring were "very obvious"). You shouldn't have to close your eyes to pick a card.