Empress as Advice?

Sulis

Be creative, come up with a creative solution.

The Empress isn't inactive, she makes things happen by nurturing them, by feeding them.

The Empress is also royal (she's an Empress) but she doesn't rule like The Emperor, she's supremely female, she takes care of the interests of others, she makes people feel empowered and so they get things done.
She takes charge of situations but in a gentle, loving way.

Or she may be telling you to look after yourself, maybe you need pampering.

Grizabella

.traveller. said:
Or action? I have trouble thinking of the Empress as an active principle. Would this suggest inaction?

Help?

Are you kidding???? The Empress is about as active as you'd want to get, even sitting still and growing a child inside herself! Never kid yourself that the Empress isn't active. The Empress is a mother and no mother is ever inactive, whether she's pregnant or not and whether she's wealthy enough to afford help or not. Even if she can afford help, she's still supervising that help and seeing that they do what's right by the child. She's also overseeing her household and the other helpers who deal with preparing food, buying supplies, keeping house, keeping up the grounds of the house, etc. And when she's sitting still while pregnant, her body is totally busy providing the surroundings that keep her child growing and developing well, even to the exclusion of caring for the needs of her own body, 24/7, because the baby gets what it needs before the mother does.

I'd say the Empress as advice would mean "get shakin' and start providing for the betterment of others unselfishly".

.traveller.

Sulis said:
... she makes people feel empowered and so they get things done.
She takes charge of situations but in a gentle, loving way.

Or she may be telling you to look after yourself, maybe you need pampering.

This, I think, is coming close to what I need to do. I lack confidence and this is an obstacle to something I dearly want. The Empress represents the path I need to take.

How does the Empress empower people?

frelkins

the empress is often described as the great mother. so she gives you self-confidence and self-belief -- you know, those nuturing, self-esteem type things.