Grand Tableau - first one!

shadowdancer

Well, I have finished the boards and now have my first ever GT set out. Will spend some days working with it, so I can do it in small chunks. Can journal as I go, and hopefully not be overwhelmed. Bit like how I used to revise for exams...lol.

Got to decide whether I use these as displays and use the 2nd ordered set for reading with. Decisions, decisions...

Anyways I have had some info as to why you knight the cards, and have some context for their use. Not sure if I will use knighting, or if I will use tarot instead to look at underlying issues, motives etc.

So my question is this:

With regards the different ways you can read the GT, do any of you use absolutely every method, or are there some methods you feel don't fit your style, or you feel are not relevant?? Do you treat it as a salad bar and pick what you want and stick to what you know gives you what you need?? Or do you throw everything on your plate?? If you have gone for everything, are there certain methods you feel are a little less relevant or add nothing of real use to the overall reading?? (Bit like when you sat back down with your salad plate and realised at the time, the beetroot was a good idea, but you know you won't get enjoyment from it). :) I am already on the fence about knighting, but in fairness will give it a go. Will not prejudge without trying it first.

Hope this makes sense. I know, I know - I need to dive in and try them, which I will. I just have an initial feeling that less could be more.

Attachments

• board opened.jpg
    board opened.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 242
  • folding board.jpg
    folding board.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 268

greatdane

BRAVA DAVINA!!!

That's beautiful. WELL DONE :))

Flaxen

Personally, I don't use every technique, every time with the GT. It depends on how much time I have to spend interpreting it - there is a danger I think of being overwhelmed with information.

In the beginning when I was first learning, I used to use everything just to get used to it and try things out.

Now I concentrate on certain elements for most readings - 1st 3 cards, corners, where the tricky cards are, key cards for areas of particular interest and houses. I've experimented with both 8x4+4 and 9x4 and, although I can read both ways, I prefer the clean lines of the 9x4. However, I think I'm in a minority with that. :)

ETA Beautiful boards by the way. :)

shadowdancer

Thanks for that Flaxen :)

I wanted to find a way of storing a GT so I can spend time with it, but also have the the option of displaying the cards on the wall. The Gilded Reverie deserves to be looked at and not just read then put back in the box. This gave me the option of doing either or both.

You are from the UK, so would understand what I mean when I say I put on my Blue Peter head :D :D (Just two pieces of corregated plastic cardstock taped together, decals on the side, and cut down ID card holders to slide the cards into).

Glad to hear you don't include everything including the kitchen sink. I really am not drawn towards knighting and mirroring, but if I was only doing half a job by excluding them? Would not be good. But nor would I want to use a method which I feel is just adding nothing of value, or is stretching the reading too far, just because 'you can'. (If that makes sense).

Padma

That is such a beautiful board, Shadowdancer!

I like the idea that you can slot your cards in, and not have to move them off the table or whatever!

I use knighting, four corners, and houses. I only read pairs in the areas of concern, because otherwise I find the info just becomes repetitive...or else overwhelming! I struggle enough as it is, lol! ;)

The GT does seem to get less overwhelming each time...Good luck with yours!

shadowdancer

Thanks for that Lotus Padma :)

I have spent a couple of days on this so far, just doing small chunks at a time. You know the sort of thing - corners and rows/horizontals one day, diagonals, 3 x 3 around me another day etc.
It may take a week to complete but at least I am not being overwhelmed, and can journal and reflect clearly on each part as I go.

However, I found another advantage of the boards :D :D

I can have them upright next to me whilst I type at the computer, so all I need to do is turn my head to see the cards clearly. Sooo glad I made it now, and will make more use of it than I realised. And when I need to vacuum the carpet later? No probs - just move the boards to another room temporarily.