What book/movie worlds do you wish had Tarots?

KnightOfTheCosmos

I don't know if this has been said before but I'd love to see a tarot based off of:

Hannibal (TV)
Pushing Daisies
Artemis Fowl
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Death Parade (it's an anime)
Shingeki no Kyojin (another anime)
Wolf's Rain (another anime)

I'm anime trash, I'm sorry. But if I could just get a Hannibal tarot deck, my life would be complete. *heart eyes*

blue_fusion

And the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix would probably make absolutely gorgeous cards as well!

I think so too. Interesting enough, the woman in the tunnel in a scene from the third book (no spoilers) kinda reminded me of the Thoth's QoW. For some reason. Even though she represents something totally different.

Haven't read that series in years. Will have to re-read it again one of these days...

HallowedNight

Well - I wanted a Stat Trek deck. And - there is one, but it was never published.
:)

I would looooove a Star Trek deck as well! That'd be so cool~

Also a deck based on the entire Middle Earth history. Not just LotR, but the Silmarillion and the whole mythos on Middle Earth. If Alan Lee or John Howe did something like that I'd probably explode! It'd be amazing. o wo

Lareia

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot to mention the Wheel of Time series. There's a playing card set, at least, so maybe I should look into reading with those, but a Tarot deck would be so cool...

blue_fusion

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot to mention the Wheel of Time series. There's a playing card set, at least, so maybe I should look into reading with those, but a Tarot deck would be so cool...

It's a massive series! There's enough material there for a deck to be created for each book. Lol

And another series for the list: Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow and Thorn.

blue_fusion

Also, the anime Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has a very strong tarot influence, but I don't think there's a full deck in existence.

Another interesting one would be Magic Knight Rayearth, because of CLAMP's gorgeous fantasy style - the only problem is that only three elements are fully-represented.

CLAMP also did a stunning majors-only deck for their X/1999 series.

Other animes: Bt'X (had an existing four element structure), Fullmetal Alchemyst, Nadia and the Blue/Mysterious Stone, Sakura Wars, Gatekeepers, Thunder Jet, etc. Of course some of these already have doujinshi (fan art) decks.

Lareia

It's a massive series! There's enough material there for a deck to be created for each book. Lol

And another series for the list: Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow and Thorn.
I can't believe I forgot that one too! I need to sit down and think a bit harder on works I like. :D

MaryQC

Discworld!!!!

Yes! Terry Pratchett has such a rich imagination that I think his world could create really good deck. I mean, the Death card would be a no-brainer.

I also think Dickens' oeuvre would work well.

MonicaBee

A Harold and Maude deck!

A John Waters deck!

I think a U.S. Labor History deck would be nifty.

Something based on China Miéville's brain/work would be kind of amazing.

A Love & Rockets deck (though I have been known to use my L&R comic trading cards as a mini-oracle in a pinch!).

Also I'm seconding (thirding?) Garth Nix's Abhorsen series above, and also The Big Lebowski suggestion. Maybe Raising Arizona, or heck...now I want a whole Coen Brothers deck!