Well, the cards taught me today once and for all that the cards I draw are
the cards I must read, and that is that! The cards I drew didn't seem to make
sense for the positions in the spread. In fact, they not only didn't make
sense, they seemed flat-out wrong. So, like a very bad girl, I riffle shuffled
for a few minutes and redrew.....yes, you guessed it, the same four cards
again. I had to laugh, but I will admit that the hair on my arms was standing
up a little bit!

swedishfish612

The Golden is one of my 'top-ten' decks despite the appalling lamination and yet I can see how the imagery would be off-putting for someone working through their relationship to Catholicism as the religion they were raised with. I wasn't raised Catholic and thus don't have the baggage that seems to accompany that particular lineage. I have other baggage though :p Hoping you find a deck to work with this week that allows for some ease and joy :love:

It's been a weird push and pull with the Golden from the minute I got it, several years ago. It's so pretty, and beloved to so many other readers...but I just freeze up when I use it. It's so weird. I honestly can't think of a deck that I have a harder time reading with...I find Marseilles decks easier to read with than this! lol

JylliM

Victorian Fairy

Okay, so I'm loving my fairy friends. The artwork of this deck is breathtakingly beautiful to my mind. And today I came across a sentence in the Companion which I had to transfer to my journal, as well as texting it to a friend to add to a reading I gave her the other day. It was the final sentence for the description of the Death card: 'Release what no longer serves you, and embrace the vital aspects of your life with renewed gratefulness.' Just a beautiful way to describe the message of this card when it comes up in an advice context.
I'm attaching some pics, one of the pouch I made for the deck, the Death card, and one showing the card back, which is - here's that word again - beautiful. Time for a thesaurus, methinks!

Hmmm...well, something went wrong with the attachments.
I'll try a new post.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 73

JylliM

Victorian Fairy

Hope the pics attach this time!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 76

JylliM

The fairies' pouch

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 81

VGimlet

Very nice JilliM!

Madrigal

Lovely pouch, JylliM!

JylliM

Thanks for your comments on the pouch everyone :) I ordered the pansy fabric especially for it and found that it went beautifully with the lilac kimono silk I had already. I really wanted something to go well with this gorgeous deck.

VGimlet

It's already that time - yes, the new DOTW thread is here