666. Crowley is God!

wandking

This Is All Hideous Sacrilege

I live in the Bible Belt but more importantly I live in Tuscaloosa home of the Crimson Tide, a college team that has won more national championships than ANY other team! The coach that won those championships Paul "Bear" Bryant COULD walk on water... I've seen the photos. It is SACRILEGIOUS to compare those wussball games to American College Football and Bear Bryant might rise up from his grave and strike you people throwing off on American football down any time now, so watch it. BTW, at my college they wear pads to slow the players down, as a handicap to make it more fair for inferior (foreign) teams. ;-)

Lillie

Wandking :D :D :D :D :D !

In Britain we call that game Rugby, and in Wales they play it naked, except for leeks worn as jock straps (So they do not frighten the opposition with their giant Welsh ....!)
And the players are so hard they are expected to break their backs at least three times each before they can finish the game.

You couldn't slow these boys down, even if you padded them in lead.

Smokey, Cheers!
And a big, happy 666 to you!

wandking

I might work my way up right here.

In fact, I would find it easy to post 666 opinions all offered to defend the Crimson Tide! LOL We'd play it naked too but why make the other guys feel inadequate by displaying our private parts, when we can make them feel inadequate with the scoreboard?

and a happy 666, right back at you, Lillie

Fulgour

Lucidity

kwaw said:
Ireaneus mentions the variant 616 in Against Heresies (V;30) and considers it an error.
Who was "Ireaneus" (real name?) and why did he think it was an error?

Ross G Caldwell

Fulgour said:
Who was "Ireaneus" (real name?) and why did he think it was an error?

Irenaeus (correct spelling) was a "Father of the Church" who lived during the 2nd century (no firm birth and death dates are available).

He believed the number 616 to be a copyist's error. Here is the passage where he discusses it -

Against All Heresies, Book V, chap. 30, part 1.

"CHAP. XXX.--ALTHOUGH CERTAIN AS TO THE NUMBER OF THE NAME OF ANTICHRIST, YET WE SHOULD COME TO NO RASH CONCLUSIONS AS TO THE NAME ITSELF, BECAUSE THIS NUMBER IS CAPABLE OF BEING FITTED TO MANY NAMES. REASONS FOR THIS POINT BEING RESERVED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. ANTICHRIST'S REIGN AND DEATH.

1. Such, then, being the state of the case, and this number being found in all the most approved and ancient copies[of the Apocalypse], and those men who saw John face to face bearing their testimony [to it]; while reason also leads us to conclude that the number of the name of the beast, [if reckoned] according to the Greek mode of calculation by the [value of] the letters contained in it, will amount to six hundred and sixty and six; that is, the number of tens shall be equal to that of the hundreds, and the number of hundreds equal to that of the units (for that number which [expresses] the digit six being adhered to throughout, indicates the recapitulations of that apostasy, taken in its full extent, which occurred at the beginning, during the intermediate periods, and which shall take place at the end),--I do not know how it is that some have erred following the ordinary mode of speech, and have vitiated the middle number in the name, deducting the amount of fifty from it, so that instead of six decads they will have it that there is but one. [I am inclined to think that this occurred through the fault of the copyists, as is wont to happen, since numbers also are expressed by letters; so that the Greek letter which expresses the number sixty was easily expanded into the letter Iota of the Greeks.]Others then received this reading without examination; some in their simplicity, and upon their own responsibility, making use of this number expressing one decad; while some, in their inexperience, have ventured to seek out a name which should contain the erroneous and spurious number." (etc.)
http://www.gnosis.org/library/advh5.htm

See a modern discussion of the oldest manuscript evidence (which also mentions Irenaeus as an important witness) at
http://www.catholicintl.com/noncatholicissues/666.htm

Fulgour

Ross G Caldwell said:
Irenaeus (correct spelling) was a "Father of the Church" who lived during the 2nd century (no firm birth and death dates are available).
Merci, Ross ~ You know, I was just thinking, we've been
'friends' now (thanks to the internet) for over two years!
I truly appreciate your thoughtful and caring generosity.

prudence

Lillie,

I think this is a fabulous idea, and I truly hope you have begun a new tradition here...all newbs who reach 666, and are willing, may come in here to celebrate, to enjoy a toast, to emerse themselves in lovely Debauchery....and maybe think a moment or two about Mr. C.........:D

prudence

Hi Lil, and friends....;)

.....well, this is my 1500th post, reducing to 15, The Devil....could think of no better place for this special post.:D ;)

Rosanne

Hi Astrid O, I was just reducing your posts 1501 and felt 'driven' to congratulate you on such a milestone. I have some motoring to do to catch you up!! ~Rosanne

Lillie

Astrid O said:
Lillie,

I think this is a fabulous idea, and I truly hope you have begun a new tradition here...all newbs who reach 666, and are willing, may come in here to celebrate, to enjoy a toast, to emerse themselves in lovely Debauchery....and maybe think a moment or two about Mr. C.........:D

Thank you Astrid.

And congratulations on 1500! You are leaving me way behind there!

I'm glad people are enjoying this thread.
I thought it would be fun :D