Sydney Omarr's yearly guide

beachcomb

Hello,

I was wondering what people thought about his guides. I really don't know anything about astrology but i like that its 1. in book form 2. quick so if i don't have time to use tarot cards i have this to fall back on.
and i was wondering if it was worth the money? or if there was another little book that was good.

Minderwiz

You should be aware that since Sydney Omar's death these guides are now written by Trish MacGregor, who has also published books relating to Tarot, Wicca and other topics of interest to members of Aeclectic. I would imagine that if you like her Tarot related works then the guides may well be what you are looking for,.

In the UK similar sorts of books are written by Jonathan Cainer. I'm not sure whether these are available in the US but they may be an alternative. Given the way in which publishers convert prices into different currencies, even if they are the price differential may not be worth it.

I don't think these type of books should be taken too seriously. If you want to look at your year ahead seriously then you need to use some much more advanced techniques, but if you are looking for some entertainment coupled with the odd genuine insight then they may be worth it. If reading it makes you think about Astrological concepts and leads you to find out more then it's definitely worth it!

beachcomb

Minderwiz said:
You should be aware that since Sydney Omar's death these guides are now written by Trish MacGregor, who has also published books relating to Tarot, Wicca and other topics of interest to members of Aeclectic. I would imagine that if you like her Tarot related works then the guides may well be what you are looking for,.

In the UK similar sorts of books are written by Jonathan Cainer. I'm not sure whether these are available in the US but they may be an alternative. Given the way in which publishers convert prices into different currencies, even if they are the price differential may not be worth it.

I don't think these type of books should be taken too seriously. If you want to look at your year ahead seriously then you need to use some much more advanced techniques, but if you are looking for some entertainment coupled with the odd genuine insight then they may be worth it. If reading it makes you think about Astrological concepts and leads you to find out more then it's definitely worth it!

thanks so much!! i really like jonathan cainer i should check to see if we can get his books like this here. i sometimes check his website but i'm so busy i forget which is why i'm looking into a book. yeah, its really like you said to just get my feet wet see if its something that i would like to learn more about before i dive into this area of study.

thanks so much :D

Minderwiz

Whilst there are books by Jonathan Cainer that look at individual signs I can't find a recent book that looks at all signs in the way that the Sydney Omar series does.

I guess that narrows your choice somewhat :)

beachcomb

Minderwiz said:
Whilst there are books by Jonathan Cainer that look at individual signs I can't find a recent book that looks at all signs in the way that the Sydney Omar series does.

I guess that narrows your choice somewhat :)

yeap, definally does thanks for the info!