The Pamela Colman Smith Centennial Deck review thread

Welf

Brigid*69:
Welf, You ARE right about surface mail from most places.. My Steele Wizard from Canada did take almost exactly three months!
Don't tell me that Brigid..... Now you have me all confused... lol... Next time I order that pawpaw from America for the family member I order it for, I will take note what postage level it is they give me... it always only takes a couple of weeks to get here and I've been ordering this stuff for a couple of years now.

(long pause to order a backup Pamela Colman Smith deck)

You made me do it Brigid!!! (I love those warm fuzzy feelings of denial when blaming someone else for one's actions).... I just ordered another copy and I went for standard shipping and not for the next option up which is for a faster delivery time (8 to 14 days or whatever) but at a higher rate of cost, which I suspect is what the deck I already received was sent at.

They say, for the standard fee, the delivery is between 21st July to 21st August... I'm in no rush, I tell the confirmation order email, no worries.... This is for the record to see how long it takes... The standard shipping arrival time Amazon give seems heaps longer than what Alida offers for a similar standard shipping cost...

Welf

Brigid

Welf said:
You made me do it Brigid!!! (I love those warm fuzzy feelings of denial when blaming someone else for one's actions).... I just ordered another copy and I went for standard shipping and not for the next option up which is for a faster delivery time (8 to 14 days or whatever) but at a higher rate of cost, which I suspect is what the deck I already received was sent at.

They say, for the standard fee, the delivery is between 21st July to 21st August... I'm in no rush, I tell the confirmation order email, no worries.... This is for the record to see how long it takes... The standard shipping arrival time Amazon give seems heaps longer than what Alida offers for a similar standard shipping cost...

Welf

:D
Now for the wait to see how long it *actually does* take...
And yes.. hehe.. denial can be a wonderous thing... ;)

Now that I'm the witch who made you do it! LOL! You have to post when it arrives...

gregory

Brigid*69 said:
Welf, :) You ARE right about surface mail from most places.. My Steele Wizard from Canada did take almost exactly three months! :(

It seems Amazon has an almighty power with the mail system over there.. :laugh: that or their huge amount of sales... ;)
I believe amazon ship in vast quantities to your closest country when they have a collection ready to roll, and then have them sort of redispatched from there. Certainly many abe sellers do that. Which means that sometimes surface mailed things arrive in days and sometimes in months..... I have had a slew of HUGE fat books from the US arrive from France (in WONDERFUL postal bags from the French Post Office which are incredibly useful for storing things in. Like SACKS !!!)

The crowned one

Alta said:
I just got my copy. First of all, I am so impressed with the card finish... oh sob, why can't that be their normal finish. :(

It is gorgeous and looking forward to reading the PCS bio included.

Cool, as I just got this from Debra, I am really looking forward to receiving it!

mary ventura

I've had mine for several weeks now, and it's already my primary reading deck. I love the feel of the cards, the colors are wonderful, it feels soothing to shuffle. Except for when I'm in a TdM mood, I haven't used any other deck since I got this one. I absolutely love it.

Mary V

Brigid

gregory said:
I believe amazon ship in vast quantities to your closest country when they have a collection ready to roll, and then have them sort of redispatched from there. Certainly many abe sellers do that. Which means that sometimes surface mailed things arrive in days and sometimes in months.....

That makes good sense!
Let's hope it's days and NOT months.. :)

53rdspirit

I almost had a sad story to tell, but U.S. Games fixed me up right.

When I opened my PCS cards, the Ace of Pentacles had a crumpled up corner. By the looks of it, it happened in packaging (still in cello wraps)! --so I couldn't complain to the seller. I got online and sent an e-mail to U.S. Games customer service, telling them about the damaged card. Two weeks went by and there was no response.

So, I called U.S. Games customer service and left a message. The very next day a gentleman called me and said he would get a replacement card right out to me. He asked me who I had sent the e-mail to and I told him, "customer service." He said he didn't know what happened since they always get back to people right away.

In any event, I received a nice, pristine Ace of Pentacle in the mail a couple days later. I am thrilled!

I thought is was interesting that the man I spoke to on the phone sounded exactly like Kaplan (I have seen him on various interviews) --I swear! I didn't think to ask his name until after I had hung up the phone.

Welf

Brigid*69 said:
Now that I'm the witch who made you do it! LOL! You have to post when it arrives...
Yeah well.. an 'accident' happened so it had to be reordered again. I don't use a credit card, only payapl and anything I order that needs a credit card is done through my son. Like many students, he doesn't have a credit card, but his account has a visa transaction accomodation added to it, but that only works if the money is already in the account. Okay... no problems... He had enough to cover it.

He thought they took the money out instantly on the spot and went ahead just after that and drew all his available cash out to go out and whatnot... and then never bothered to look at his emails for the rest of the week. Last Friday he says... owhhhhh... sorry, but you know that thing you ordered using my Amazon account, it's been cancelled because apparently I didn't have enough money in there when they went to take it out...

So... lol... had to do it all over again and so now I sit nervously reminding him to make sure he doesn't take money out until he first checks to make sure the actual transaction went through... I'd love to chain him to a chair and not let him out of my sight til I have confirmation from him that it's been paid..

So here I go again... I reordered it yours and my time, Australian Eastern Standard Friday evening about 7pm... I'm using the copy I already have as my main RWS reading deck now, I so I really do desperately need that back up deck...

Welf

Welf

Brigid said:
After my fiasco at having to reorder it again.... It arrived today... Now that was faster than the first deck I got which cost me twice as much in so called quicker postage... I really love this deck and it's great to have a back up copy, but not sure about having two copies of all that other stuff though...

gregory said:
I believe amazon ship in vast quantities to your closest country when they have a collection ready to roll, and then have them sort of redispatched from there.
I'd say that's what happened with this second order because it was postmaked as being posted from New Zealand and the packaging was also quite different when compared to the first deck I received... It came in a well sealed box which was 10 times bigger than the tarot pack... The first one I got was postmarked America... Hmmm....

Welf

Brigid

I'm so glad you received it in a timely manner Welf!
LOL, just read about your fiasco first time around with your son! Gotta love those kids..
My eldest is nearly eighteen and anything she doesn't know isn't worth while! :laugh:

I ordered a second set for a friend (so I wanted all the other paraphernalia) and it too was marked from NZ. So yes Gregory, it does appear they have stock scattered around, excellent idea!

I'm using this deck more and more lately, the colours the weight and the general 'feel' of the cards really appeal to me.
I actually didn't like the RWS deck for a long time, but this is the version that has converted me. :)