Seeing your ex in public w/someone else, 3 or 10 swords?

NatKat

So you see your ex in public with someone new and you get that sharp pain in your chest or punch in the gut feeling...what one card would that be? 3 or 10 of swords? Or another card?

Would 10 of swords be more if he/she planned on running into you with someone new on their arm and intentionally meant to hurt you?

I see 3 Swords as the normal pain of any break-up. i see 10 swords as a devastating betrayal ... like you see him in public w/ somebody else and you guys are STILL MARRIED or yeah ... like if he was intentionally trying to mess w/ you above and beyond the normal discomfort of accidentally running-in to your ex.

Really it is your call. Every reader assigns their own meaning to cards ... that is just my take on it.

KnightOfTheCosmos

I would say 3 of swords because it represents truth, even if it is painful and unbearable. It's like a knife going through the heart, you know? It's a loss of some sort. You're seeing your ex with someone else. It's like finally realizing that the relationship is over and the truth hits you in the form of your ex's new relationship. I've also read that 3s can sometimes represent other people involved in a relationship situation.

The 10 of swords is more like difficulty letting something go or prolonging a painful ending. It's also a card of feeling victimized.

calichick1985

It's interesting how we all interpret pain and heartbreak.

3 of swords would be fitting for me, if you're still getting over the pain of heartbreak and it makes you wince a lil'...but if you just got out of the relationship or they cheated on you with the person you saw them with, then def the betrayal of the 10 of swords.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

You need to provide feedback to EACH person who posted trying to help you instead of giving general feedback.

werewolfmoon

Oddly enough I used to get the four of wands for gossip, seeing an ex with someone else etc - I see the four as a 'Surprise' not necessarily a nice one, but a surprise never the less.

MizGrace

I feel the 3 of swords here is twos company 3 is a crowd. The middle sword showing your pain like a knife in the back. He has moved forwards and you know now what to expect of him. The swords seem cold and unjust. you have the upper hand here because you know he is no good for you. Be gentle with yourself and as they say times a great healer. Dont let him win if you see him dont show your sadness.Hes just a man!

nisaba

So you see your ex in public with someone new and you get that sharp pain in your chest or punch in the gut feeling...what one card would that be? 3 or 10 of swords? Or another card?

<curious> Why would you get such a feeling if they were your ex?

Would 10 of swords be more if he/she planned on running into you with someone new on their arm and intentionally meant to hurt you?

Um ... do people even do that? Why would they think it would hurt you? Surely it would only be relevant if you were still in a relationship with them, not after the relationship ends?

If you WERE still in a relationship and saw them with someone else, then I'd go, probably, the Three Swords. The Ten Swords would be more for you doing something incredibly stupid, like stalking them or damaging their property because you "love" them (although those kinds of behaviours are about ownership and hatred, not love).

If you were not in a relationship with them and you ended the relationship, seeing them with someone else is a non-issue. If they ended it against your will, perhaps a wistful moment of the Five Cups might take you for a while.

Laurelle

<curious> Why would you get such a feeling if they were your ex?

I'm not Calichick, but I think it's because she's not over him. If it's hypothetical, then they are hypothetically not over them.

Um ... do people even do that? Why would they think it would hurt you? Surely it would only be relevant if you were still in a relationship with them, not after the relationship ends?

Again, I can't speak on behalf of CaliChick, but unfortunately some people can be so self absorbed and vindictive that they try and hurt other people. Maybe the ex knows that the person still pines for them and does it on purpose to give them a sense of power. It's convoluted logic, but billion different people, equals a billion different responses to a situation. And anyway, those people usually aren't mentally stable, so we should always avoid them!!