6 of swords ^

gigeee

Hey everyone

I keep getting this card in relation to my own life and when I do relationship readings of somebody I like, who lives overseas. Please can you shed some light on it?

My interpretation is that the card is leaving past sorrows behind but it still implies some unhappiness of some sort. All though the general view is that this a positive card, I see it as more being in limbo again like the 2 of Swords. The group has yet to reach the otherwise and the passengers in particular look very sombre, almost like refugees. What's more I keep getting this card, so it appears to be a long transition.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Your Interpretation?

Greetings, gigee, and welcome to Aeclectic Tarot! We're very pleased to have you. Welcome also to the Using Tarot Cards Forum.

UTC Rules and those of the Your Readings forum require that you give us your interpretation of the card before anyone can help you. We know you're stuck and want our thoughts, but could you take a guess at what it means? Just a sentence or two. Once you do that, others can chime in with their thoughts.

For more on our posting rules, see here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174

Also, keep in mind that you must give feedback to anyone who replies. This feedback need not be long, but it has to be more than "Thank you." You'll need to tell each person who replies to you what you think of their answer.

Posters, please hold off till gigee has offered her thoughts on what the 6/Swords means in regard to these readings.

Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

MystikalSharyl

Hey everyone

I keep getting this card in relation to my own life and when I do relationship readings of somebody I like, who lives overseas. Please can you shed some light on it?

My interpretation is that the card is leaving past sorrows behind but it still implies some unhappiness of some sort. All though the general view is that this a positive card, I see it as more being in limbo again like the 2 of Swords. The group has yet to reach the otherwise and the passengers in particular look very sombre, almost like refugees. What's more I keep getting this card, so it appears to be a long transition.
Hi gigeee ...I feel like the six of swords signifies a false sense of entrapment the swords are there blocking but there are ways around them if an alternative path is chosen and movement is happening but maybe not as quickly as you would like...also depending on the deck you have the person who is in control of the oar and speed of which your going changes on if its you or someone else. And also important to remember the person on the boat got there of their own doing so the means of travel ie the slower nature is a choice

That being said my husband came to the USA from Spain and the delays were government driven it is a hard road but the ending is worth the wait if that is what applies to you

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

gigeee

Wow that was great thank you. The degrees of time and the element of choice in our own actions makes sense as an interpretation. So in a sense maybe, the direction is set but of course either the passengers can ask to turn back, the oarsman can turn back, the current or the wind may change or the destination may have not been what what was hoped for. Yes, that really opened it up for me. Thank you again

Laurelle

The 6 of Swords can signify traveling overseas or dating someone overseas. I think it just indicates that.

Like there are 1000 seas separating you from the one you love right now.

With tarot occasionally it's very literal, but I don't know the particular question or position of the card either.

gigeee

Thank you Laurelle. That seems to be the most relevant.

nisaba

Hey everyone

What deck are you using? If it shows a boat and water, it might simply be indicating that you're pining for someone who's "over water", ie, overseas.

Never underestimate the power of Tarot to be really, really obvious.

gigeee

nisaba, yessir I'm sure it is that. it is the most likely I guess. I'm using the Rider Waite. So it can be very literal visible then ?