7 of Pentacles Reversed as feelings (+ The World)

Pique Dame

I'm trying to decipher the 7 of Pentacles reversed in a feelings position. Upright it could mean contemplating those feelings, or evaluating how/what they feel. Perhaps they are trying to decide if someone is worth the investment. Reverse that, and what do you got? It could stand for impatience, frustration, feeling like you're not getting anywhere, lack of interest altogether, or deciding the other person was not someone they should invest themselves in after all. Or it could mean the opposite: after a period of reflection and contemplation, they're ready to reap the fruits of their labor and manifest the rewards of their investment thus far. I've seen this card come up upright for feelings before but never in reverse, so I could use some additional thoughts here.
Also, The World came up in for how this person sees the other. To me, that's someone very successful and accomplished but also very physically attractive and basically the "whole package." (Usually the phrase that comes to mind with this card.) Any other ideas?

Empress26

The feelings I get from this card combination are that the person in question has a low self-esteem or almost feels like the person is out of their league. They see this person as very beautiful, accomplished, intelligent, wholesome, etc., everything someone could want in another person... but this person still has a negative feeling about pursuing the relationship. That negative feeling may stem from the person feeling like nothing good can come of trying to pursue or invest in this relationship because the person is just so high above them that maybe the person would notice and it just wouldn't work out in the end. The person may be comparing their status to the person they think the "world" of and they feel like they just don't compare, so they feel pessimistic, like this relationship isn't even worth pursuing.

I hope that helps. You will have to let me know if that description fits the situation at all :)

Grizabella

When I see the RWS 7 of Pentacles, I see the man as having been working diligently in his garden and now he's finally seeing that the crop is looking good and promising of a great harvest. He's just taking a break and admiring his handiwork.

Reversed, I'd say that the gardener is head-over-heels frustrated that his crop isn't thriving and the battle is uphill for trying to get a harvest.

Pique Dame

The feelings I get from this card combination are that the person in question has a low self-esteem or almost feels like the person is out of their league. They see this person as very beautiful, accomplished, intelligent, wholesome, etc., everything someone could want in another person... but this person still has a negative feeling about pursuing the relationship. That negative feeling may stem from the person feeling like nothing good can come of trying to pursue or invest in this relationship because the person is just so high above them that maybe the person would notice and it just wouldn't work out in the end. The person may be comparing their status to the person they think the "world" of and they feel like they just don't compare, so they feel pessimistic, like this relationship isn't even worth pursuing.

I hope that helps. You will have to let me know if that description fits the situation at all :)
Thanks for your input, Empress26! 'Pessimistic' is a word I'd failed to consider as a possible meaning, but you could be very right. In the upright, the guy seems hopeful about his crop but reverse it and all the optimism is weakened. Good catch there. I don't recall all the cards in the reading right now, but I did pull The Star for "how does this person feel about the relationship?" I always see the upright Star as very positive, hopeful, and optimistic (much like the upright 7 of Pents!). There is an element of things being out of one's reach, though, which would certainly be supported by The World as someone who's unattainable.

When I see the RWS 7 of Pentacles, I see the man as having been working diligently in his garden and now he's finally seeing that the crop is looking good and promising of a great harvest. He's just taking a break and admiring his handiwork.

Reversed, I'd say that the gardener is head-over-heels frustrated that his crop isn't thriving and the battle is uphill for trying to get a harvest.
Thanks, Griz. Frustrated was one of my original thoughts. My top interp for the upright is someone who's exercising patience while assessing/taking stock of all that's come up so far. Impatience is typically what comes to mind first in reverse, but with the World and the Star there, I'm now starting to think that this frustration may not be from lack of crop, per se, but the inability to harvest it. The fruit is there but remains out of reach, like the coconut you just can't crack to get to the meat. Or perhaps it's taking so long to grow, it seems more like a pipe dream?

This card has always been more of an action-oriented one than a feelings-oriented one, so it's difficult to apply it as such. Thank you both for your input!

Empress26

Thanks for your input, Empress26! 'Pessimistic' is a word I'd failed to consider as a possible meaning, but you could be very right. In the upright, the guy seems hopeful about his crop but reverse it and all the optimism is weakened. Good catch there. I don't recall all the cards in the reading right now, but I did pull The Star for "how does this person feel about the relationship?" I always see the upright Star as very positive, hopeful, and optimistic (much like the upright 7 of Pents!). There is an element of things being out of one's reach, though, which would certainly be supported by The World as someone who's unattainable.

Thanks, Griz. Frustrated was one of my original thoughts. My top interp for the upright is someone who's exercising patience while assessing/taking stock of all that's come up so far. Impatience is typically what comes to mind first in reverse, but with the World and the Star there, I'm now starting to think that this frustration may not be from lack of crop, per se, but the inability to harvest it. The fruit is there but remains out of reach, like the coconut you just can't crack to get to the meat. Or perhaps it's taking so long to grow, it seems more like a pipe dream?

This card has always been more of an action-oriented one than a feelings-oriented one, so it's difficult to apply it as such. Thank you both for your input!

You're very welcome! Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to mention that it's interesting that his feelings about the relationship were represented by the star, because for me the star sometimes (usually in relationship readings regarding feelings) means that it's something that's beautiful, the person literally wishes upon or for it, but it's perceived as something that the person feels is out of reach. So he sees the relationship as something that is highly desirable but out of reach or distant from him/reality. So, yes, it could be supported by the world.

werewolfmoon

The Seven of Pentacles - the waiting is over, the harvest is coming in, you will reap the rewards of waiting patiently. The World - celebration, success, completion. A nice set of cards! I don't normally read reversals and believe that no card is intrinsically good or bad.

Pique Dame

You're very welcome! Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to mention that it's interesting that his feelings about the relationship were represented by the star, because for me the star sometimes (usually in relationship readings regarding feelings) means that it's something that's beautiful, the person literally wishes upon or for it, but it's perceived as something that the person feels is out of reach. So he sees the relationship as something that is highly desirable but out of reach or distant from him/reality. So, yes, it could be supported by the world.
Yes, they seemed like positive cards, especially Star. I like your phrase "wishing upon/for it." I know I always get a warm, fuzzy feeling when that card pops up.

The Seven of Pentacles - the waiting is over, the harvest is coming in, you will reap the rewards of waiting patiently. The World - celebration, success, completion. A nice set of cards! I don't normally read reversals and believe that no card is intrinsically good or bad.
There seems to be 2 schools of thought on the 7/P Rx. One is that the waiting is over, time to reap the rewards. The other is no crop coming in so your wait was all for nothing. Those are a bit different from feelings, though. I mean, how do you *feel* things like harvesting crops? You can apply words like patience, etc. to the upright but when reversed, which word would best describe reaping the rewards of your patience? Feeling successful? Satisfied? Rewarded? And how would you apply that to feelings about another person? That's why this card is so difficult to read in this position. :) The World as how someone sees you leaves much less room for ambiguity. Going by your interpretations of each, they do seem to support each other here.