2009 Oracle Monthly Studies

DragonFae

If anyone is interested...I am going to be blogging about my monthly deck studies over at my blog....The Quest

kmartin60

OK! Took me forever to gather and go through all my decks
(And still have several not positive the names on) and wound up just re-aquainting myself with some of my old friends! I didnt realise how much I had missed them........(BTW Love your monthly stuff on your blogs!) Tried to leave comments but still fighting with teqnology! grins.......SO back to on topic........LOL

OCT........
DECK TO LOVE: "Wolf Pack"
DECK TO READ: "Gothic Tarot" by Vargas..(My IDS deck)
DECK TO EXPLORE: "Spirit of the Wheel"
DECK TO REVIEW: "Ocean Oracle"

Nov........
DECK TO LOVE: "Animal Wise"
DECK TO READ: Gothic Tarot" (month 2!)
DECK TO EXPLORE: "White Eagle" medicine cards
DECK TO REVIEW: "Druid Animal oracle" cards

Dec.......
DECK TO LOVE: Shapeshifter Tarot"
DECK TO READ: "Gothic Tarot" (Last month!)
DECK TO EXPLORE: Message from your Animal Spirit guides"
DECK TO REVIEW: "Madame Endora" cards...

Well, my intentions are good, now if I can keep from getting distracted! OH who am I kidding? it is more like how to work them all in together....:)
hmmmm lets see what my next ebay but brings in? snickers Kim

DragonFae

Yeah getting to it all...time...sigh....I am going to start leaving all my other decks int their bags and in the drawer EXCEPT for my four for the month....you know four is really a lot so if I just use the one I LOVE and the ONE TO READ....I think I'm doing great...!!!!

Thanks for the kinds words about my blogs....

kmartin60

Any hints or tips on ways to "Explore and/or Review?"

I know any readings I am going to do will be with the deck I love or the one I'm IDS's at the moment......
(Unless strongly drawn to another or sitter reqs a diff deck)

I already have a tendency to just grab any deck to do odd ball card draws, or do say a reading for one of my animals, or even events...I will wind up just picking up several decks to try it on......

But is there anything extra or special that you have tried that either has/ or hasnt worked?

Just curious.........Kim (Feeling totally un-imaginative, and out of "Card" loop!)

DragonFae

VERY good question...first of all...even though I list all four categories don't think I get to spend oodles of time on them each month...but I try to squeeze in a little here and there...

The deck I love...obviously this deck I just read with...it's my comfort deck. So not really activities and such with it...

The deck to read with ...is sort of like the above but its a newer one that I am practicing and again...mostly just readings...trying different spreads with it etc.

DECK TO EXPLORE and DECK TO REVIEW

Here are some ideas....do the Deck Interview with these...even if you have done it before....decks change over time and at different times they have different things to convey to you.

Another idea is to pull a card and do a Card Interview similar to the deck interview but with a specific card.

Here are some other ideas:
'
1. Write a poem about the card.
2. Have a conversation with the card
3. Pick a "song" that represents the card and play or sing it.
4. Create a collage page about the card (use magazines or sketch)
5. Find some items that "represent the card" and create a mini display
6. Pick a word for the card...use that word as many times as you can during the day
7. Do a meditation focusing on the card
8. Explain the card to someone else...verbally.
9. Think of an animal that the card might represent...read to see that animals characteristics
10. Decide which room in the house this card would be most comfortable in. Why?

I try to post a Weekly Oracles Focus each week...some of them are good ...and some are just blah...I lose creativity too sometimes...lol.

Here's a link to a weekly card page....Daily & Weekly Card Chart You could use it one week of the month with the explore or review deck or any deck really.

And another for
A Daily Card Worksheet Honestly if you do one of these a week you will be doing great....time consuming if you really put thought into it...some months I'm lucky to do one during the whole month.

There are also some excellent printable resources at
Tarot Journaling And yes they say Tarot but many of them are equally good for oracle exercises...I love them...

Whatever you do...start slow,.....and vary the exercises through out the month....or else it all becomes over whelming and not very much fun at all........if you need some other ideas...just give a shout and I'll see what else I can dig up for you...:)

PS...if you want to vist either of my blogs....Once Upon a Time or The Quest...I periodically post ideas for activities etc to try there also.

emmsma

For me, the review and explore categories are for decks that I'm less familiar with. Maybe I'm not in love with this deck - or at least not yet.

I will make an effort to read with them. Do daily draws. Browse through the decks. Just looking at the images, see what kinds of feelings/meanings/impressions they give me.

DragonFae

NOVEMBER 2009: DECK I LOVE: The Journey
DECK TO READ: The Sibilla Oracle Cards
DECK TO EXPLORE: Irish Fairy Cards
DECK TO REVIEW: Frouds Faeries

DECEMBER 2009: DECK I LOVE: Froud's Faeries
DECK TO READ: Irish Fairy Cards
DECK TO EXPLORE: EROS
DECK TO REVIEW: Mexican Loteria

THOUGHT I'd repost my plans for the rest of 2009....I can't believe it's almost time to start thinking about 2010....I think I'll post 2010 by quarters...like first put up Jan-April and then closer to April post the plans for the next quarter....since I'm always addinf new decks my plans change.

***Just a note about decks....the Lenormand cards, the Sibilla cards, and and the Gypsy Witch cards are very similar to each other...oh some have slightly different pictures but the "idea" behind them are very similar...in my mind anyway...

DragonFae

I have decided that wortking with too many decks at once is stressful.....and just not much fun...also doesn't allow as much indepth study...I always feel like "I'm behind"......so I am simplifying....TWO DECKS each month....one tarot and one oracle....

December 2009

TAROT DECK: Radiant Rider Waite.....I want to bond with a traditional type tarot deck rather than a "theme" one.

ORACLE DECK: Froud's Faeries....my old love and one that constantly surprises me.