Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

whats the best spread

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Citizen

louiseb 
Citizen

whats the best spread

i know this may sound stupid but when you do a reading on this forum for someone else as an exchange what spread is used normaly, a five card spread? the one question and this is maybe the cream of stupidity is whilst you are selecting the cards i presume you are thinking of the person and the question, but wouldnt the cards pick up on our feelings and not the enquirer. sorry it may seem stupid to ask but i really need some one to answer for me please. Any advice please.
Top   #1
student of tarot

rwcarter 
student of tarot

Welcome to Aeclectic, louiseb!

Not stupid questions at all! If it's a structured Exchange (RED, COS, DEC, etc.), there's usually a predetermined spread that's used. If you are the one posting the exchange, you can choose whatever spread of however many cards you like. If you're responding to someone else's exchange, if they haven't specified a spread they'd like done for their exchange reading, I think a good rule of thumb would be a spread of as many cards as they used for the reading they did for you.

When I read for others (I don't often read face to face), I always think of the Querent's question while I'm shuffling the cards. I've not had any problems with the deck picking up on my feelings (basically answering my question) instead of the Querent's.

HTH,
Rodney
Top   #2

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.