Dark Carnival Deck

Sar

I have been using it lately and it gives som quite disturbing vibes. Very good reading deck, actually.

herself

HEY AT--

We just got back from the 14th Annual Gathering of the Juggalos--a music festival in southern Illinois, hosted by the Insane Clown Posse. Our hosts felt that their three-ring circus needed an "official" fortune teller, so the Dark Carnival Tarot crew heeded the call and set up an elaborate tarot reader tent, which ran from midnight until sunlight every night for five days straight.

The results were amazing.

Most kids that we read for were in their late teens into their twenties. And it was shamanic, healing, therapeutic...there was laughter and tears on both sides of the reading table, all through the night. I personally truly feel I deserve a PhD in Jungian psychology at this point! Or maybe to be initiated as a full-blooded Heyoka shaman...

This experience touched so many lives. And we are just thrilled to share the gift of tarot with this new generation. Here's one of the only pics of the inside of the fortune-teller tent, taken with a friend of and longtime supporter of the deck:

http://www.faygoluvers.net/v5/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/P1020245-th1.jpg

Anywho, just wanted to share the experience. Hope you enjoyed.

Peace and love,
Rachel

Awesome. I'm not even into the DC deck (sorry) but the whole midnight to daylight thing is well cool.

flying black kat

Looks like great fun. Do you ever get to go and join the celebration?

I love this deck. I find it is a very good reading deck. Life is not always neat and orderly.

Be at Peace and Walk in Beauty.

Kathy

devilkitty

I will concur that the Dark Carnival reads quite well when I am in the right head-space (no, it's not the clowns!). It did take me a while to learn to translate Juggalo-speak and understand the ICP cosmology when I first got it... ;)

Though I enjoy using it on occasion and am happy to have it in my collection, I don't believe that it will become an everyday deck for me; I find the art a little too frenetic.

MCL to Rachel for creating it.

VGimlet

HEY AT--

We just got back from the 14th Annual Gathering of the Juggalos--a music festival in southern Illinois, hosted by the Insane Clown Posse. Our hosts felt that their three-ring circus needed an "official" fortune teller, so the Dark Carnival Tarot crew heeded the call and set up an elaborate tarot reader tent, which ran from midnight until sunlight every night for five days straight.

Don't you love it when that happens? Even though reading for so many people can be exhausting, even when you're high on the energy of it all. :p Sounds like a great time.

:D

Sar

HEY AT--

Most kids that we read for were in their late teens into their twenties. And it was shamanic, healing, therapeutic...there was laughter and tears on both sides of the reading table, all through the night. I personally truly feel I deserve a PhD in Jungian psychology at this point! Or maybe to be initiated as a full-blooded Heyoka shaman...

This experience touched so many lives. And we are just thrilled to share the gift of tarot with this new generation. Here's one of the only pics of the inside of the fortune-teller tent, taken with a friend of and longtime supporter of the deck:

http://www.faygoluvers.net/v5/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/P1020245-th1.jpg

Anywho, just wanted to share the experience. Hope you enjoyed.

Peace and love,
Rachel

How lovely!! :heart:

rachelpaul

Looks like great fun. Do you ever get to go and join the celebration?

Actually, Kat, we were happy to sit back and provide a space for inner-reflection and spirituality amid all the partying and craziness. It was our pleasure to be the "camp counselors" lol! Much needed, we feel. Too many drugs and too much craziness in the concert festival scene. We were happy to provide a service that balanced that out. Can't wait for next year! :)

rachelpaul

Thanks, Nicky! :)

G6

Finally got this deck last week from an AT trader. Can't put it down. Totally fascinating.