Starchild Tarot by Danielle Noel

Sasmi

Beautiful cards. Thanks for the link, they look amazing. Sam.

MistressMorrigan

The cards themselves don't really speak to me, but I do like how they used photographs of real people in their art, and that they actually credit the models on their website. It gives the deck a very unique look. When you purchase this deck, please let us know what you think of it!

Rosewater

Some of these cards look quite evocative, others resemble Vogue covers, more style than substance. Looks like the deck has mainly female images, while I prefer a balance. I'd love to hear more feedback when it comes out.

lukeskywalker

The Starchild Tarot

I think these cards definitely have a lot of substance as well as style, and are quite different than anything I have seen before. They look like they are beautifully rendered and I for one cannot wait to purchase these (my fiancee is very keen on getting these as well, so they will most likely be a gift for her).

The write up on the web page seems to be very compelling also. The whole cosmic thing is new to me, but I think a lot of artistry has gone into these designs and concepts. I don't mind the female characters being more dominant either, although I did see a variety of males on her site, but it would be interesting to read the information (booklet?) that will hopefully be coming with this deck to get a better understanding. Intrigued!

freyaisunavailable

Reminds me of the Serpentfire! :)

lukeskywalker

Yea sort of like serpent fire - I guess they are both collage like? I think the Starchild is less cut and paste style though

HighPriestess

I emailed the creator re: pricing and she said it depends on the quality of the companion book but she thinks it'll be around $40 to $50 and will be a full companion book. She's also in Canada so I'm assuming that'll effect shipping costs.

She also says she's only printing a small amount and that she's not taking money right away.

Maan

I really like this. I usually dont like this kind of art but the story behind the cards and the colour sheme speak to me.

lukeskywalker

I also emailed her (and I signed up for the first batch - she mentioned that she will only be ordering 1000 to start with) and she also mentioned that the box is going to be very sturdy (lid and bottom) with a smooth matte finish (I am assuming this is similar to the Wild Unknown style) but are slightly later than the traditional tarot size (regular is 2.75 x 4.75 I think). I am excited to see how these will look. I'll bet with a slightly larger card size the pictures will look really nice and colourful! Yahooo!