Your Favorite Pocket Tarot deck

BrownBear

My miniature RWS that normally lives in my purse had an unfortunate trip through the washing machine and now is under weights for the next couple of days while it dries. :/ Fortunately, I got a brand new spare Sunday morning, so if I can't salvage this one, no problem.

I like it because it's small but the images are still clear. RWS is my go-to deck for public readings.

I also like the Aquarian in the tin as well as Radiant. Tinned Morgan-Greer is awesome, too. I really wish they'd make more decks in playing card/tin size because I also have small hands but I won't trim or mutilate decks. The tins are also sturdier and won't fall apart like tuck boxes will.

I want the Halloween in a tin. Soon...
I've trimmed two decks (Chrysalis and Druidcraft) and it was nerve wracking. I'd buy a lot more decks if they were poker-sized. Especially if they came without borders.

Carojulie

Here is roughtly what I have :

Minis :
- Mini RWS
- Mini Klimt tarot
- Mini Motherpeace
- Mini Pagan cats tarot
- Mini Baroque Bohemian Cats
- Mini Bohemian Gothic

Pocket sized :
- Centenial RWS in a tin
- Aquarian in a tin
- Pocket Distant Past

Decks I trimmed down to pocket size or near pocket size :
- New Mythic
- Magical Forest
- tarot of the Mermaids (Lo Scarabeo)

The mini decks are really very small, miniature, and in fact I do not really like them, the size is too small for me : I even have trouble shuffling because the cards are so small, they escape between my fingers.
The exceptions would be my mini Motherpeace, because it is actually bigger than a normal mini, therefore it is a good size, and the Motherpeace is really something close to my heart.
Also, my mini Bohemian Cats, but that is only because I love this work by Baba Studio (eventhough I seldom use it, due to it being mini) and I do not have the standard size edition (yet).

But I admit that minis have their use, and are particularly good to have for long journeys by train or plane (to spread on these mini table trays)

I like most of my pocket sized decks, and my favourite is, without a half-second of hesitation, the Distant Past tarot.
I am lucky enough to have two copies of this beautiful deck : the pocket and the large. Pocket edition is great for transporting in my purse and for larger spreads, and large edition is just so splendid, eye candy.

BrownBear

Here is roughtly what I have :

Minis :
- Mini RWS
- Mini Klimt tarot
- Mini Motherpeace
- Mini Pagan cats tarot
- Mini Baroque Bohemian Cats
- Mini Bohemian Gothic

Pocket sized :
- Centenial RWS in a tin
- Aquarian in a tin
- Pocket Distant Past

Decks I trimmed down to pocket size or near pocket size :
- New Mythic
- Magical Forest
- tarot of the Mermaids (Lo Scarabeo)

The mini decks are really very small, miniature, and in fact I do not really like them, the size is too small for me : I even have trouble shuffling because the cards are so small, they escape between my fingers.
The exceptions would be my mini Motherpeace, because it is actually bigger than a normal mini, therefore it is a good size, and the Motherpeace is really something close to my heart.
Also, my mini Bohemian Cats, but that is only because I love this work by Baba Studio (eventhough I seldom use it, due to it being mini) and I do not have the standard size edition (yet).

But I admit that minis have their use, and are particularly good to have for long journeys by train or plane (to spread on these mini table trays)

I like most of my pocket sized decks, and my favourite is, without a half-second of hesitation, the Distant Past tarot.
I am lucky enough to have two copies of this beautiful deck : the pocket and the large. Pocket edition is great for transporting in my purse and for larger spreads, and large edition is just so splendid, eye candy.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'm not sure how easy it would be for me to shuffle the mini cards.

I'm awaiting the pocket sized Distant Past.

Nemia

The pocket sized Distant Past is a great, great deck. It's easy to shuffle AND easy to carry around. It's smooth, it's radiant, it's perfect. I LOVE this deck. I didn't expect to love it so much. And I think one reason is this perfect, perfect size. It's a handbag deck.

It's next to me on my desk right now. It has exactly the size of my palm. Ergonomically, that's probably a wonderful size :)

page of ghosts

I trimmed an older Lo Scarabeo Universal Tarot with very large borders feat. text in the different languages so it's very small now. I also have Tarot Nova, which is a small deck, but it's a little difficult to shuffle because the edges of the cards are not as long and thin as I'm used to. So cards can easily turn and I don't read reversals, making it a little difficult. It's very cute though and my only more minimalist deck.

Le Fanu

It would be so wonderful if someone did a fabulous aerial view photo of all these pocket decks so we could see them all in terms of size...

I'm getting tempted by the pocket Distant Past even though I have two giant versions!

jewel22

I am so glad to hear you all are liking The Distant Past in Poker / pocket size!!
It was the first size I released and made it to fit my daughters small hands.
It is also the size I seem to always reach for first,
especially when I need a quick daily card. :)
xoxo
Jeri

ps. one of my fav pocket size (besides DP ) is the Vanessa!

Carojulie

I am so glad to hear you all are liking The Distant Past in Poker / pocket size!!
It was the first size I released and made it to fit my daughters small hands.
It is also the size I seem to always reach for first,
especially when I need a quick daily card. :)
xoxo
Jeri

ps. one of my fav pocket size (besides DP ) is the Vanessa!

Hi Jewel, I LOVE your dekc :)

And how could I forget the Vanessa ! Of course ! I got it last from Santa last Christmas, how could I forget !! I have too many decks perhaps....
But you are right, I would says Vanessa second after Distant Past, for pocket deck :)

jewel22

Hi Jewel, I LOVE your dekc :)

And how could I forget the Vanessa ! Of course ! I got it last from Santa last Christmas, how could I forget !! I have too many decks perhaps....
But you are right, I would says Vanessa second after Distant Past, for pocket deck :)

thank you so much Carojulie! I am so glad you love it!! xoxo

I gifted my Vanessa to someone,
I may have to buy another copy now that i think about it! lol

Edit to add : I don't think its possible to have too many decks!!
too many shoes, yes, but never too many decks!!! :)

Wheel of Fantastic

Jean Noblet Tarot de Marseille by Flornoy. It's the smallest of the Marseille style decks.