The Gods and their place in the 4 worlds?

inanna_tarot

Hi there everyone,

So I've been doing some fascinating reading about the 4 worlds of the kabbalah, of atziluth, briah, yetzirah and assiah.

I was wondering though where people would place the concept of the Gods, such as Cernunnos, Diana, Ceridwen etc within the 4 worlds? Are they beings of Briah as they are the created forms from the multifaceted light of the Divine? Or more of Yetzirah because they are the created thoughtforms that we have placed in Yetzirah and we work with them for our wishes to be manifested?

Would love to hear your thoughts and explanations :)

Aeon418

In my opinion the "gods" are a bit of both worlds. Their essence is Briatic, but their images or thoughtforms are Yetziratic. The images of the gods act like a bridge or a conduit between Briah and Assiah. You could say the godforms are Yetziratic vessels for the light of Briah.

But there is another side to this. The godforms also act like filters. When you make a connection with Briah through a particular godform you're not plugging into the undifferentiated light of Briah, you're actually tuning into a specific aspect of Briah. The best analogy I can think of is how white light is actually made up of all the colours of the rainbow. When you use a Yetziratic godform to connect with Briah it's a bit like tuning into one particular wavelength of colour and filtering the other colours out. Only those aspects of Briah that are in harmony with a particular godform will pass through it.

I hope that makes sense. If it does you should have no problem seeing how monotheism and polytheism do not contradict each other in the slightest.

inanna_tarot

Aeon :)
I hoped you would see this thread.
I have no problems in working a polytheistic outlook within a monotheistic frame - but I didnt consider them bridging across the worlds, i guess all the worlds are manifestations of the divine monotheistic God, so the pagan gods do the same as their images and energy manifest through briah and yetzirah

Thank you :)