Group ideas?

Moonbow

Rusty Neon

Please don't give up on anything. I am staring at my association exercise at this very moment but I am struggling because I am finding it hard to see them as a spread (which is what I intended doing) and I find I am writing about them as individual cards. But I will get there.

I think it would be good if people could just ask more questions about marseilles decks for a starter. I am sure some of the same questions would crop up again and again but it does encourage discussions with new people.

How about starting a thread where people can ask any question they like about marseilles cards (but not go into the history). Personally I don't have the time or inclination to go too far into the history of the cards and I think this is why some people see the History and Icon forum as a bit scary.

What you have been doing is very much appreciated by me, I will keep at it (even if I'm late) because I am enjoying it so much. The more we talk about Marseilles readings the more people will join in.

Moonbow*

Mimers

I am very willing to get back into the pip studies. I will revive the fours this evening, as that is where I left off....

Also, I plan on doing the association that Rusty set up. I think that this provides a practice for those like myself that don't have a lot of exposure to the Marseille deck.

Some feedback from others with the Marseille for the free association is more than welcome (at least for me). For instance, once I post my free association, if another member sees something I didn't to point it out and ask what it invokes in me. This would open doors as well.

Rusty I commend you for encouraging us all to engage in learning more about the Marseille deck and for coming up with creative ways thus far to bring this about!

Take care,
Mimi

Moonbow

Mimers

That would be great, I have read the threads a while ago and learnt so much from them. :D

My feeling is that many are worried they are going to get it wrong but as has been pointed out to me by more than one person. There is no right or wrong way to read these cards, there are no rules! I know my readings sometimes include knowledge that I have from RWS decks and although I try to blank my mind when reading Marseilles spreads, if RWS creeps in then I will use it.

Moonbow*

Mimers

Moonbow* said:
Mimers

That would be great, I have read the threads a while ago and learnt so much from them. :D

My feeling is that many are worried they are going to get it wrong but as has been pointed out to me by more than one person. There is no right or wrong way to read these cards, there are no rules! I know my readings sometimes include knowledge that I have from RWS decks and although I try to blank my mind when reading Marseilles spreads, if RWS creeps in then I will use it.

Moonbow*

My wise Grandma always said, 'you can't get answers if you don't ask questions'

Every one must take a first step in learning. Even jmd at one time knew nothing about the Marseille! LOL

crystal cove

Mimers said:

Even jmd at one time knew nothing about the Marseille! LOL

True. However, it's very hard to imagine, isn't it? ;)

crystal cove

Moonbow* said:
Mimers

Moonbow*

I don't worry that I'll get it wrong. I KNOW I do at times. :D

All kidding aside though, I think this is where bouncing ideas off other people help. Someone learning RW and Thoth have plenty of resources to access; the same can't be said of those who want to study Marseille who don't speak French.

crystal cove

Re: Is this open for those outside North America?

Major Tom said:
I recognise that although one may start a thread, it isn't always guaranteed people will respond.

I'd like to study the Marseilles pips. I can see the usefulness of studying by number and by suite or even by the individual card. Who wants to start the threads?

I'll join in where I can. :)

Yes! It includes EVERYONE. I want to know what you and everyone else think about these cards.

I believe there are enough interested to keep this going.

crystal cove

Mimers said:
I am very willing to get back into the pip studies. I will revive the fours this evening, as that is where I left off....

That's great! I'm there.

RustyNeon had a good point about taking them one card at a time rather than, say, doing all fours in one thread. What is your opinion on that?

Moongold

Twenty- one, do you mean studying all the 4's across the suites?

Rachel Pollack did that for non-Marseilles decks in her Complete illustrated Guide to the Tarot and it is a great way to learn.

if we look at nunerological meanings of the cards, then elemental meanings and then how these may or may not be illustrated or augmented by other images in the cards - flowers, other graphics - that would be great.

I am new the study of the Marseilles so many of the threads to which you allude I haven't even seen yet.

I also really like the process of short readings that Rusty Neon set up, being the kind of person who learns by doing. Hope those continue.

Moongold

Rusty Neon

moongold .. pollack didn't look at design features across the suit though.