Tarot Wayfarer project: Is this actual Tarot Magic?

ravenest

It's a pity old Marj' isn't still around to enjoy the attention. I suspect she'd love it, and play along whole heartedly.

Oh but she IS!

Its the same Marjorie ! ... back from the past ... brought forward by the strange rituals of ex OTO ers ( for marketing purposes ) ;)

JackofWands

The whole Tarot Wayfarer thing is, if memory serves, tied up with the Tarosophy Tarot Association. As a group for professional readers, they do some good stuff, but I personally have always been turned off by the sensationalistic glitz-n-glam that Tarosophy brings to the table. There's a bit of a cult of personality around Marcus Katz, and they keep pulling publicity stunts like this that frankly make no sense to me.

Spiffo

Oh but she IS!

Its the same Marjorie ! ... back from the past ... brought forward by the strange rituals of ex OTO ers ( for marketing purposes ) ;)

Ha!

And I'd forgotten about the coast guard episode.
Our Marj' sure knew how to live large.

Rallwedd

Arkartia

Hello All

This is a fantastic discussion! I love finding out new things for my blog! I had already been following up on M. Cameron and I found some sketches by her in the Warburg Institute in London! One of them shows a space-station like building she was planning on building out in the desert somewhere as a temple for "Thelema". What a woman! The sketch has the directions marked on it, even, like N/E/S/W so it would be orientated to the quarters.

I wondered about the Tarot Association too, so I contacted them, and was sent a link that previews the ARKARTIA project, so I can write about it on my blog, which so far has been mainly some of my methods with the Tarocco Egiziano.

It is HUGE. It wasn't anything like I thought, so I am just struggling to get me head round it. But it's lush, for sure. Theres some new technology and loads of art by "Ciro Marchetti" who seems to be a popular artist?

Anyhow, looking forward to the references about "Rose Key", I am collecting specific ones, so thank you for the help, Spiffo - you're a star! Nice to find helpful people!

Rhosyn

Rallwedd

Jack of Wands

Hello Jack

Thank you for responding! I'm researching various conspiracies for my blog, so if you had examples of "publicity stunts" from that group that makes no sense, I'd be *really* interested! Maybe their conspiracies too!

Rhosyn.

Alta

Hello Jack

Thank you for responding! I'm researching various conspiracies for my blog, so if you had examples of "publicity stunts" from that group that makes no sense, I'd be *really* interested! Maybe their conspiracies too!

Rhosyn.
I think their most recent one was a huge fuss they made about finding all kinds of 'secrets' about the Rider deck. It was supposed to be a really special book, and it turned out to be actually a pretty poor production. There does tend to be a lot of handwaving before anything they do. But that said I think they are a reasonable organization, and I suppose extra publicity is not the worst thing. I suspect a lot of this is intended to be humorous, I mean this sending things back in time notion, well that's just silly.

The is an anime series about this called Stein's Gate. They may have borrowed the idea from that.

Rallwedd

A Land Called Tarot

The is an anime series about this called Stein's Gate. They may have borrowed the idea from that.

Yes! There's also a book out at the moment "A Land Called Tarot", which is an Anime book based in a fictional world labelled by Tarot. Maybe they took from that too!

Rhosyn.

gregory

I think their most recent one was a huge fuss they made about finding all kinds of 'secrets' about the Rider deck. It was supposed to be a really special book, and it turned out to be actually a pretty poor production. There does tend to be a lot of handwaving before anything they do. But that said I think they are a reasonable organization, and I suppose extra publicity is not the worst thing. I suspect a lot of this is intended to be humorous, I mean this sending things back in time notion, well that's just silly.

I have to say that while it isn't something I'd buy into - just because it is Not Me, I think the idea of the whole Wayfarer project is quite exciting, and most of what is happening right now is fun more than anything. It is a rather original idea - Lost Code was far less developed than this - and while Tarot Professionals etc are not my favourite people, that is NOT to say that they don't do good stuff (I don't even hate the Waite book - the stuff IN it is good; it was the Blurb (the publisher's name, lord help us) production side that was so bad; I think they wouldn't use those people again. I am glad I have the book, even if the amount of white space is very regrettable - and I shall follow Wayfarer with interest - not least because of Ciro's art.

Rallwedd

Secrets of the Waite-Smith Tarot

- and while Tarot Professionals etc are not my favourite people, that is NOT to say that they don't do good stuff (I don't even hate the Waite book - the stuff IN it is good; it was the Blurb (the publisher's name, lord help us) production side that was so bad; I think they wouldn't use those people again. I am glad I have the book, even if the amount of white space is very regrettable - and I shall follow Wayfarer with interest - not least because of Ciro's art.

Hello Gregory

I do have that book too, and I was amazed at all the new information that Tali Goodwin found in her research! I wish I had access to so much tarot primary source material! And I am looking up "Ciro" now, and see that he has made many decks - with new technology such as the Kipper deck which seems to have loads of animations on a phone?

Actually, it is odd that folk talk about Marcus Katz as a "cult of personality" but ignore Tali Goodwin who is a co-author and seems to be the main researcher! Is this a gender thing?

Rhosyn.

gregory

To be brutally blunt and over personal - in person, Marcus comes over - shall we say - "unfortunately", and as very pushy.

Tali, by contrast comes across as charming and self-effacing. She in no way cultivates herself as the personality behind things; Marcus rather does. Yes indeed she does loads of the research, but I think Marcus gets most mention because he is a Marmite person. You love him or you hate him. (Or, like me, you meet him from time to time and tell him quite bluntly but nicely how much he annoys you and how you wish he'd stoppit, but you carry on recognising, in all fairness, that he is not actually the devil incarnate !)