RWS Tarot 101 Ten of Cups

PAMUYA

Ten of Cups

The first thing that “pops” out at me when looking into the Ten of Cups is the rainbow with ten cups spread across the sky. In some cultures a rainbow is a bridge that links earth with the realm of god(s). With the cups in the rainbow I read this as: With Love the greatest joy/power in our mortal world, we can get a taste of heaven. “All We Need is Love”, isn’t that how the song goes?

Being the Ten of Cups; this implies a completion of a cycle. To get here, you have had passed all the tests of the previous cup cards. I see peace, happiness, contentment in this card. The children are joyous; children feel the greatest joy when they are surrounded by parents who are happy, parents who know how to foster their partners needs and know not to have their children carry their burdens on their childrens backs. A very important message indeed! Sit back and enjoy this time, it will last as long as the parents/partners are willing to keep working on it.

Direct: Happiness, family/relationship working, fulfillment, joy, marriage, contentment, deep emotional satisfaction.

Reversed: Relationship in trouble, family falling apart, child runs away, empty nest, rejected family values, unhappiness, failure, bad luck

A Tread on the Ten of Cups:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=57824 Ten of Cups (symbols)

rcb30872

Coming from a scientific background, I see rainbows as slightly different, LOL. But yeah, such sayings as the pot gold at the end of the rainbow and somewhere over the rainbow springs to mind.

Let me go into the scientific bit, and then I will say something after that, so you can sort of see what I mean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow

I am not sure if you are aware of this, white light, is not actually white light, it is every colour light on the spectrum, which can easily be seen in a rainbow. So, when the light enters a raindrop, or other similar thing, like crystals, crystals are very good at doing this, well, depending on the crystal of course. It's just easier to read the wikipedia article, as I am not entirely sure if I could make it sound like sense, but basically the light enters the raindrop, the light is refracted, and then it is reflected from the back of the raindrop, and then is refracted again as it leaves the raindrop. Refraction is sort of like "bending" if that makes sense.

Basically, I tend to see this as that you can only see a rainbow if you have sunshine and rain together OR the sunshine soon after it stops raining, but I am more inclined to think of the first one ;)

Perhaps indicating that there is a sense of things coming good, having the happiness after a time of sorrow OR having the same together, happiness and sorrow intermingled, as it were.

PAMUYA

You are so wise, sunshine and rain the perfect balance. Without one or the other there would be nothing. ;) You must experiece both sides before true balance can exsist... I am going to use this, this is good!

Thank You rcb(sweetpea)

rcb30872

You're welcome Sassy

Shucks, you called me sweetpea *blushing* ;)

PAMUYA

Dont know what to call you, your avitar is so cute, a sweetpea.

rcb30872

I like sweatpea :D

But, just call me Bec :love: (everyone else does, well, most do, who know me reasonably well)

Fragments

A good card. A family stand beneath the ten cups, the ultimate riches. They praise and thank God and their lucky stars. The couple are clearly in love, his had secured around her waist.

They have two children who are dancing, they both appear to be female and sisters. The younger one is very very cute. The couple's hands are outstretched, they are showing their gratitude for the red roofed farm house, trees sit beside it and a river runs past. The land is fertile and so are the couple.

The ten of cups, rather than being physical riches, float in a rainbow above the scene, it is a symbol of true, spiritual happiness. The ultimate happiness comes from the family system. A good grounded value.

Nothing new or ground breaking here.