Fool's Dog Tarot Apps!!

Le Fanu

... and while you're there, Jason.

Illuminati for iPad? What's in the pipeline that we can get excited about? :)

GryffinSong

... and while you're there, Jason.

Illuminati for iPad? What's in the pipeline that we can get excited about? :)

A hearty second for the Illuminati!

kalliope

Any chance, sure. But likely sometime soon, no. Sorry. I'll add your request to our wish list.

Boo. Thanks for adding it to the wish list, though. And for responding, even if it's with disappointing news.

JasonLion

We would love to do that Tarot Illuminati for iPhone/iPad, but so far we have not been able to secure the rights.

We have several decks in the queue right at the moment. Currently in review by Apple is our third free Tarot Sampler, an eclectic deck made up of cards from ten of our recent releases. Meanwhile we are putting the finishing touches on our restoration of one of the classic Lenormand decks, hopefully for sometime in May.

I'm not supposed to tell you anything beyond that :) But I will say that we are working on two decks that have not yet shipped as physical cards, and are hoping to have near simultaneous release with their physical decks.

Le Fanu

*claps hands*

Oh joy!

And a Lenormand. There is only Ciro's Lenormand out for iPad/iPhone right now. The others are hopeless. I don't understand why everyone is so slow at getting out Lenormand apps (not you, I mean in general)...

kalliope

And a Lenormand. There is only Ciro's Lenormand out for iPad/iPhone right now. The others are hopeless. I don't understand why everyone is so slow at getting out Lenormand apps (not you, I mean in general)...

Ugh, I know! I'm very impatient, and it's also surprising considering that Lenormand has otherwise taken the divination world by storm.

While Wopple Topple's Lenormand apps (Gilded Reverie & Under the Roses, etc.) for Android have improved (they corrected some previous button behavior that had made them almost unusable for me,) they're missing some magical user friendliness component of the Fool's Dog apps. I'd love to see FD begin making Lenormand apps!

And while we're naming pie-in-the-sky wishes, I'd love an app that laid out beautiful playing cards, like those with the elegantly shaped clubs from European decks.

jolie_amethyst

I'll add my 2¢ worth. I'm deeply in love with my three Fool's Dog apps--Steampunk, Shadowscapes, and the Druid Animal & Plant oracle decks. And I use them quite a bit. They're an incredible learning tool for someone new to Tarot, and I can say I know I've progressed faster in my knowledge and ability to read the cards thanks to these apps.

I have just two frustrations with them.

1) For those of us with multiple devices (iPad/iPhone in my case), there's no way to sync devices. So my journal & all my individual card notes are stuck on my iPad, and I have no way to access them if all I have on me for some reason is my phone. Likewise, those card notes can't be easily replicated from one deck app to another. I would love to see some way to allow us to wirelessly sync this kind of information across devices, perhaps via Dropbox? (Across apps might be a bit difficult, I'm thinking, and I can live with having to copy/paste my card notes from one app to another.)

2) No way to create your own spread templates. While I love the spreads provided with all the apps I have bought so far, I'd still like to be able to add my own, complete with positional meanings to make them easier to read. The free form spread option is terrific, and I use it frequently, but I will often make use of spreads from here and I find myself having to flip back and forth between apps to figure out which card I laid down free-form matches which position, and what the heck did that position signify again? LOL When I find a spread I like, I will often reuse it, so being able to set up a template & assign card positions/meanings to it would be a huge plus.

And a general suggestion:

Give us options to use & display the base/shadow cards (card at the bottom of the deck) and summary/quint cards (calculated totals of all card numbers, typically excepting court cards, though that could be an option too). A LOT of people use these to help interpret their reading, and it would be fabulous to be able to show each of these alongside the cards selected for the spread.

These are awesome apps, and I highly recommend them. These features would be the icing on an already very delicious cake. :)

3ill.yazi

Those are exactly my main beefs with this otherwise outstanding app. Well put.

I'll add my 2¢ worth. I'm deeply in love with my three Fool's Dog apps--Steampunk, Shadowscapes, and the Druid Animal & Plant oracle decks. And I use them quite a bit. They're an incredible learning tool for someone new to Tarot, and I can say I know I've progressed faster in my knowledge and ability to read the cards thanks to these apps.

I have just two frustrations with them.

1) For those of us with multiple devices (iPad/iPhone in my case), there's no way to sync devices. So my journal & all my individual card notes are stuck on my iPad, and I have no way to access them if all I have on me for some reason is my phone. Likewise, those card notes can't be easily replicated from one deck app to another. I would love to see some way to allow us to wirelessly sync this kind of information across devices, perhaps via Dropbox? (Across apps might be a bit difficult, I'm thinking, and I can live with having to copy/paste my card notes from one app to another.)

2) No way to create your own spread templates. While I love the spreads provided with all the apps I have bought so far, I'd still like to be able to add my own, complete with positional meanings to make them easier to read. The free form spread option is terrific, and I use it frequently, but I will often make use of spreads from here and I find myself having to flip back and forth between apps to figure out which card I laid down free-form matches which position, and what the heck did that position signify again? LOL When I find a spread I like, I will often reuse it, so being able to set up a template & assign card positions/meanings to it would be a huge plus.

JasonLion

Thanks for the compliments and the suggestions. I've added the suggestions to our wish list for possible support at a future date.

Wendywu

My only plea is for a Fool's Dog TdM app for Android, not just for Ipad etc. .....