Tarot websites that are wrong?

TinaV

I have been using several websites in addition to books to study the tarot and its different possible meanings. However, there is one website that really stands out which always proclaims a completely different meaning than the ones I know. It is called "psychic revelation". I'm not sure who is behind that website, but when looking up card meanings, they seem to be wrong most of the time.

For instance, I am currently struggling with the King of Wands reversed and its meaning. From what I have seen before, it depicts an angry person; they could be defeated by something, or just malicious in a way. According to the website, King of Wands reversed is a positive omen for love.

Does anyone have any experience with that website?

danieljuk

how do you define something is wrong though? That website has really interesting ideas about interpretations but they are the authors view of the cards, like any person's interpretations. You might not agree with them but they are just a different view to yours :) I find if I look at interpretations from any book or site or even on AT that I agree with some writings, I am inspired by some writings and some I leave aside and think no, I don't think so. We have to work out our own take on them for ourselves ultimately.

However I do find the reversed interpretations of that site as too positive, in my personal view. But ultimately you have to look at the card reversed and what do you see? Why not post the card in Using Tarot Cards for other ideas about it's reversal or post the whole reading in Your Readings. Also Thirteen has her take on it in the Tarot Card Meanings section at the top, there is a link to her reversals. But it's her take on them as well, just opinion if you like :)

TinaV

Well yes, I agree that some of the interpretations are quite refreshing. My problem is also that the reversals are so positive. I don't see how the King of Wands reversed can be a good omen in love, for instance. It seems wrong to me because I can't see an angry person being a good sign when it comes to relationships.

SwordOfTruth

I dont think there is a single tarot blog out there where I agree on all the interpretations. And very often the standard interpretations dont do it for me either.

gregory

I dont think there is a single tarot blog out there where I agree on all the interpretations. And very often the standard interpretations dont do it for me either.
Yes indeed. Read all you can, read books, websites, the cards. In time you develop your own meanings and THAT's what makes a good reader.

IMNVHO ! :D

I don't think one can honestly say any one site is right or wrong. And some people *shock horror* don't use reversals at all. Me, for one !

3ill.yazi

This is the problem of getting caught up on what are the "right" meanings. What's right is what turns out to be true, based on study and intuition, and that's only for the individual. If it works for you, it is correct. It may not be common, or historical, but it can be correct.

Laurelle

Tarot is not an exact science. If it was, you'd only use one book and be done with reading anything else.

Tarot used correctly is a meditation tool that connects you with your own subconscious and the collective subconscious/conscious.

It's way deeper than just looking up a definition.

The other day I had a combo (King of Swords/Ace of Cups) for botox injections. You're not going to find that meaning in ANY book. It was just what popped into my head while gazing at the cards.....and I was right!

You'll see on the forum there are many mundane meanings that people will get that work for them that go behind a "Standard" meaning.

I like psychic-revelation, anyway.

Citrin

I agree with Gregory and Laurelle. The art of tarot reading isn't like math, there are no right and wrong answers. ;) I love finding websites or books where the author comes with a completely different idea than I'm used to! I feel like that makes my intuition develop, that makes me think, and it adds to the already hundreds of meanings spinning around in my mind and heart when doing tarot readings. :)

If you feel like the meaning from the website regarding the Kind of Wands is completely off - Toss it! ;) You don't have to "follow" that meaning just because you've read about it. If it doesn't go with what YOU feel is what the Kind of Wands represents, then simply disregard it. It must feel right to you or you'll forever be confused by tarot.

Aunty Anthea

I have been using several websites in addition to books to study the tarot and its different possible meanings. However, there is one website that really stands out which always proclaims a completely different meaning than the ones I know. It is called "psychic revelation". I'm not sure who is behind that website, but when looking up card meanings, they seem to be wrong most of the time.

For instance, I am currently struggling with the King of Wands reversed and its meaning. From what I have seen before, it depicts an angry person; they could be defeated by something, or just malicious in a way. According to the website, King of Wands reversed is a positive omen for love.

Does anyone have any experience with that website?

I believe that many people rely far to much on other people's interpretations of the cards. Gypsies, who often cannot read, view the cards as a story. Neither my mother or my grandparents ever read a book on card meanings.

The important thing is what the cards say to YOU at that particular moment in time. The next time you read the same cards the meaning will differ because the situation is different :)

Relax and let the cards speak to you :love:

tarotlova

The important thing is what the cards say to YOU at that particular moment in time. The next time you read the same cards the meaning will differ because the situation is different :)

Relax and let the cards speak to you :love:

This is so true, since I started reading online professionally this particular paragraph has rung true so many times, 3 times in a row a I had the same card come up in 3 completely different readings and type of questions and I was amazed out how the card revealed the different meanings associated to the particular question that was being asked. Sigh no I can't remember which card it was but it was a real ah ha moment for me.