Missing Card - Extra Card

_N_

Just got my Faeries Oracle and by some freak of chance my deck has two of card number 31 and no number 30! I emailed the publisher first to see if I can get just the missing card because I really don't want to go through the hassle of sending the whole thing back.

N

Jewel

Hi _N_,
There is another thread here, about the wet Fairy Godmother that has info on how to get a card replaced. The card you are missing is The Laume. Hope you get it soon! Good luck!

_N_

I just got an email back from the publisher and they will not just replace the card, they want me to send the whole thing back. I'm going to contact Amazon now, where I got it from, and see what can be done.

N

Jewel

Check out the wet faerie Godmother thread ... someone got a single card sent to them.

_N_

Yes, that is where I got the link to the manufacturer and they informed me that they would not send out a single card. I have since contacted Amazon and they are sending a whole new set and I have to print a return label and send the other one back. It's just so stupid for them to pay postage two ways on a full set when they could just send me the replacement card...

N

Jewel

I am so sorry _N_, that really stinks! On the bright side at least you get to keep your current deck until the new one arrives. When you get it you should spend some time with The Laume to see what her deal is ~giggles~, and also what is up with all those Undressed Salads! (not one of my favorite cards).

_N_

Actually, from what little I read before packing it up, I think that the undressing a salad card has something to do with creating balance? And isn't the Laume about creativity? If that's the case it's actually very spooky because I have been having a lot of difficulty balancing my housework and other persuits with my actual work - which I do from home and which is creative (3d modeling on the PC) I've been in a terrible "slump" workwise and unable to produce anything worthwhile - so perhaps the fairies were already trying to tell me that I REALLY need to balance things out or I'm not going to be very creative.

N

Laura Borealis

I am sorry they will not replace your card. I don't know why they sent me cards to replace ones I lost, but they won't send cards to other people -- even when it is their fault as the publisher. I know they are willing to make good on it, by replacing the whole deck, but it's such a hassle...

Jewel

_N_ my experiences with the Undressing of the Salad have been that everything seems to get "tossed" around. Your whole deck experience is the type of experience I get with the Undressing of the Salad. I found it quite ironic that that was the card you had a duplicate of.

Hope your new deck arrives real soon!

_N_

I got the replacement yesterday and all the cards are there. I started doing all of the exercises and I am totally blown away by how accurate this deck is! These pictures seem to come alive for me, I can feel those faeries looking at me, talking to me - now I know why this deck is so popular!
On another note - I got my Celtic Tarot by Courtney Davis this morning in the post and get this - there is one extra card in the deck - Strength! I really think that the Universe is trying to tell me something. I have been having so much trouble lately balancing out my work and home life (especially since they are both done from home) - this is just too strange...

N