Star of Discovery question

ana luisa

I don't know if this is the right place but I have a question on the STAR OF DISCOVERY spread. I have read about it, but can't afford the book so here goes:
I already have all the main titles for the positions but am curious about the use of WHAT, WHEN, HOW. For instance, For DENIAL, would we ask WHAT do you deny in your life or HOW do you deal with denial or HOW do you show denial in your life. Same goes for the other points... Help !!!

WolfSwan

I don't know if this is the right place but I have a question on the STAR OF DISCOVERY spread. I have read about it, but can't afford the book so here goes:
I already have all the main titles for the positions but am curious about the use of WHAT, WHEN, HOW. For instance, For DENIAL, would we ask WHAT do you deny in your life or HOW do you deal with denial or HOW do you show denial in your life. Same goes for the other points... Help !!!

I found this...does it help?

http://rockthetarot.tumblr.com/stars

WolfSwan

Yes ! Thank you !!! Will copy the link! Now, I have to see it at work. Have you personally used it here in the Forum ?

I haven't! I did a very brief one yesterday after I found it, but didn't write it down. It did resonate though, even though I didn't go in depth into the meaning of each card. Just the cursory glance over was enough to tell me it's a good spread!

Hemera

Please always try to post the actual spread here instead of just links (-but always respecting copyright, of course). Because when links go down we lose the spread.
There´s more in our posting rules for Tarot Spreads and they can be can be found here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=203125

-------------------------------------------------------

These two spreads, which work in conjunction with each other, come from a book by occultist Christine Jette. The Star of Discovery illuminates one’s deepest fears and insecurities, and the Star of Recovery highlights ways to deal with the problems found in the Star of Discovery.
Shuffle your deck, then draw the six cards of the Star of Discovery:

1. Denial - What negatives or positives do people point out to me that I have trouble accepting? What problems or conditions would I rather avoid?
  2. Anxiety - When do I get nervous, anxious, touchy, or sensitive with others? What loss do I fear?
  3. Inferiority - When do I most lack confidence?
  4. Anger - What qualities in a person do I most dislike or have the most difficulty dealing with? Anger is fear in disguise and you may find yourself most uncomfortable with position four.
  5. Secrecy - What do I fear people will find out about me? What is my deepest, darkest secret? What do I think would happen if someone discovered my secret?
  6. Self-Loathing - When am I most dissatisfied with myself? If we cannot love and honor ourselves we cannot realize our highest potential. The first step toward self-forgiveness is discovering where

Choose one card from this spread to focus on, then shuffle your deck and draw five more cards to create the Star of Recovery:
  7. Focus card- the card from the previous spread that worried you the most or that you would like to learn more about.
  8. Past - How has my past shaped this insecurity?
  9. Present - What causes this insecurity in the here and now? What situation does this represent (real life issues, self-destructive behaviors, interpersonal conflicts, unexpressed emotions)?
  10. Need for clarity or insight - What do I need to recover from this problem? What is the key to understanding your focus card? What is required for insight to occur?
  11. Pain - How has this problem caused me pain? In what ways has this problem’s unconscious expression hurt me?
  12. Gift of wisdom - What is the focus card trying to teach me about myself? What is the lesson to be learned? What will I recover as a result of the focus card’s lesson? What is the gift that lies hidden in the shadows?

ana luisa

Thank you Hemera for the recovery part of the spread !! :) It looks extremely useful AND deep. Copied !