I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO spread

lawguy51

On the weekend in the Reading Exchange I did a yes/no spread for a member using the Do/Not Do spread which is basically a three card spread with the middle card drawn first, being the issue, card 2 on the left is DO and card 3 on the right is NOT DO. Tonight I came up with a more compicated but probably not much more enlightening spread when you just don't know what to do. It looks like this:

1. What's the issue?
2. What should I do?
3. What should I not do?
4. Why should I do what I should do?
5. Why shouldn't I do what I shouldn't do?
6. What are the consequences of doing what I should do?
7. What are the consequences of doing what I shouldn't do?
8. What do I really WANT to do?

Silly? Helpful? I road tested it and got some interesting results. What do you think?

Lawguy51

Tarotphelia

I LIKE it. It's specific. Going out on a limb , taking a risk to look at hard questions .

PinkWillow

Excellent spread LawGuy! I tried it just now and got some very interesting insights. Since I know LawGuy and thought he might not mind, I took the liberty to rearrange the cards a bit. What do you think of this layout for the same cards?

.....2 .........................3
4 ......6 ................ 5......7

1. situation
2. should do
3. should avoid
4. why do
5. why avoid
6. consequences of doing
7. consequences of avoiding
8. what I really want

PinkWillow

lawguy51

Pink Willow you finally posted and in under two years! I'm frankly appalled that you would change my spread ;). Actually, I didn't copy the spread into my spread journal because I knew someone would come up with a good amendment. I like what you've done. Although I haven't tried it I think it will work better visually with those groupings. I hope you post some more cause I know how much you have to offer.

Lawguy51

Whitestar

Perfect----I have an old friend who wants me to do a reading and this is exactly what's needed!!!

tmgrl2

What a great spread, Lawguy!!

Wow, Pink Willow!! Welcome isn't in order since you've been here a long time, but WELCOME to posting!!

I like your layout, lawguy, because it helps me with remembering the flow of the questions, but I'm going to print out yours and PW's and work with each.

Thank you very much.

So cool!

terri

lawguy51

Let's hope Pink Willow doesn't wait two years for her next post. She's a working Tarot pro with a beautiful Aeclectic mind :) . She'd be mortified at this but here's her website:

http://www.thetarotroom.com/

Lawguy51

PinkWillow

Thanks for the welcome tmgrl2. I'm quite shy about posting but I'm trying to change that. It's crazy that I've been a member for so long without saying anything out loud. But I guess things happen as they're supposed to.

Interestingly enough, I still have my I Don't Know What To Do spread out on the floor before me. In the To Do position is the Magician. If anyone tells us to communicate, it's him. I guess I'm on the right track.

Thanks again lawguy. Great spread.

pinkwillow

tmgrl2

PinkWillow said:
Thanks for the welcome tmgrl2. I'm quite shy about posting but I'm trying to change that. It's crazy that I've been a member for so long without saying anything out loud. But I guess things happen as they're supposed to.

Interestingly enough, I still have my I Don't Know What To Do spread out on the floor before me. In the To Do position is the Magician. If anyone tells us to communicate, it's him. I guess I'm on the right track.

Thanks again lawguy. Great spread.

pinkwillow

I haven't worked with the spread yet, but I will.

Your website is lovely, pw....your posting will be much appreciated...especially in our new Professional Tarot Forum...I think you need a membership to post in it....

Listen to the Magician! LOL that you got that in the to do spread....I'm going to try it out soon and may share results in this thread instead of Your Readings, since it is a discussion of a thread.

terri

lawguy51

PinkWillow said:
Excellent spread LawGuy! I tried it just now and got some very interesting insights. Since I know LawGuy and thought he might not mind, I took the liberty to rearrange the cards a bit. What do you think of this layout for the same cards?

.....2 .........................3
4 ......5 ................ 6......7

1. situation
2. should do
3. should avoid
4. why do
5. consequences of doing
6. why avoid
7. consequences of avoiding
8. what I really want

PinkWillow
PinkWillow: for ease of laying out the spread I have flipped your position 5 and 6.