A New Marseilles Person Intro...

Rusty Neon

TemperanceAngel said:
What's your fave Marseilles?

My favourite is the Héron photoreproduction of the 1760 Conver Tarot de Marseille specimen from the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris. I also enjoy the Dusserre photoreproduction of the 1701 Dodal as a delightful comparative companion to the 1760 Conver. Both the Conver deck and the Dodal deck have their separate and unique magic, mystery and message. If one is feeling called to participate in the timeless tradition of the Tarot de Marseille, what better way of experiencing it than having a photoreproduction deck that faithfully reproduces one of those unique patterns without confusion or mixture with one or more other TdM patterns and without fanciful modifications to the line-drawing in the guise of restoration? As for a redrawn Tarot de Marseille deck, I like the Marteau/Grimaud Tarot de Marseille (the most faithful 78-card 20th century line-redrawing of the 1760 Conver).

Moongold

Rusty Neon said:
My favourite is the Héron photoreproduction of the 1760 Conver Tarot de Marseille specimen from the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris.

This is the one that I want. It is supposed to be more historically authentic than the version I have.

Can you advise where you purchased it, Rusty Neon?

Thanks.

punchinella

Alida has it (I ordered it a couple of weeks ago & it's sitting on a shelf now awaiting a birthday, hee hee hee)

Dare I, without danger of threatening the integrity of TA's thread yet again, bring up the dark & obscure Piatnik/Krebs deck which nobody ever seems to mention around here (why?) --No? Okay, consider it officially unmentioned :laugh:

lark

punchinella said:
Alida has it (I ordered it a couple of weeks ago & it's sitting on a shelf now awaiting a birthday, hee hee hee)
I just ordered one last night from Alida.
Got conformation this morning that it is on it's way.
I put it off for so long because I thought it would be expensive and that the order process would be complicated.
But it was simple and painless. :)

Lee

TemperanceAngel said:
[...]And thirdly, let me enjoy my deck and my happy little thread. Please don't turn it into an arena for your opinion on what Marseilles you should/shouldn't have, the best Marseilles etc.
I understand and sympathize with TA's feelings about turning the thread into an arena, but I just wanted to note that in general, a member who starts a thread really doesn't have the authority to restrict how people reply, as long as it's on topic. If a post is off topic, then by all means members should privately inform the moderators. But members should feel free to post however they wish, as long as the post is in some way related to the subject matter of the thread.

-- Lee (a cranky and gnarly ex-moderator :))

Rusty Neon

Héron Conver

Moongold said:
Can you advise where you purchased it, Rusty Neon?

I bought mine in Montreal in person. As you're in Australia, I don't know if a European source (e.g., alidastore) is a better price option than a Canadian source. You can get it through a Montreal source for about $24.00 Canadian plus sales taxes and postage.

http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/en/exchform.htm

TemperanceAngel

Looking back on this thread I realise how rude and cranky I was, and I must apologise to all involved. It is very unlike me to be like that, and there is no excuse...but perhaps you should know that College has been quite stressful of recent, and I think I took it out on this thread.

I never meant for it to sound like you had to write about what I said to (LOL), that was not meant at all.

Still no excuse and sorry to all!

Moonbow

TA sweetie!

Talking for myself (and I admit I was only slightly involved in this thread - and in a flippant way too!).....I think it is very gallant of you to say this....... me? I take no notice anyway :p

Nina*

I know this maybe sounds silly but just want to say that I find it so extremely nice that you are so understandable for eachother in here...

Read this post early this morning and thougt 'Wauuu, troubles' but then you just handle it so nice.

Glad to be here finally (have been here for five years, but only reading and learning :eek:) )

Nina

TemperanceAngel

Thanks Moonbow* and Nina, you are both sweethearts :)