Crystal Study Group: ROSE QUARTZ

Hemera

I will continue my quest in search of serenity :)
I´ve spent a lot of time with the pearls and Aquamarines and now I want to spend some time with the Rose Quartz. I have a nice cabochon rose quartz in silver that I will wear starting today.

Here is a list (picked from here and there) of what it is supposed to do:

- one of the best "Love stones" for all kinds of love: parental, spiritual, physical, universal etc.
- brings gentleness, forgiveness, compassion, kindness and tolerance
- raises one's self-esteem and sense of self-worth
- helps balance emotions and heal emotional wounds and traumas
- bringing peace and calm
- removes fears, resentments and anger

The pink color comes from titanium, iron or manganese. The color in crystals is apparently photosensitive and subject to fading so that means the crystal prefers darkness. Perhaps as in dreams, meditation and soul searching? I find this quite interesting. It brings a fascinating depth to the crystal which I have often suspected of being perhaps a bit shallow.

wildchilde

I find rose quartz to be a very gentle stone that helps to calm emotions and focus on love/compassion. It is also a Thymus stone (higher heart chakra) so can help with hormone imbalances and with connecting you to your higher self. I have a large rose quartz sphere as well as a sweet little merkaba. I like the stone, but it seems like it takes a lot of it to really "feel" something from it. That does not mean it's not "working" of course, just that the vibration seems so gentle that I don't really notice it unless it is a large piece like my sphere.

Bhavana

I just love rose quartz, I have a few tumbled pieces, and a nice size sphere, and an old gold brooch that was my grandmothers...but that is it....I would love to get a much larger piece. I am not one to place much stock in the metaphysical powers of stones, but even I get a nice calm feeling from this one!

Avon right now, I believe it's Campaign 17, has a really nice sterling silver ring with a rose quartz carved into a rose. Very pretty - but they want $49.99. Will have to watch for that one to go on sale....
not a very good picture - but you get the idea...

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.a...id=695&pdept_id=703&setlang=1&ym_mid=&ym_rid=

Attachments

• rose quartz 005.jpg
    rose quartz 005.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 230
  • rose quartz 007.jpg
    rose quartz 007.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 219
  • rose quartz 004.jpg
    rose quartz 004.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 223

DownwardSpiral

I just love rose quartz, I have a few tumbled pieces, and a nice size sphere, and an old gold brooch that was my grandmothers...but that is it....I would love to get a much larger piece. I am not one to place much stock in the metaphysical powers of stones, but even I get a nice calm feeling from this one!

Avon right now, I believe it's Campaign 17, has a really nice sterling silver ring with a rose quartz carved into a rose. Very pretty - but they want $49.99. Will have to watch for that one to go on sale....
not a very good picture - but you get the idea...

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.a...id=695&pdept_id=703&setlang=1&ym_mid=&ym_rid=

That's a whole lot of "but that is it" : )

Bhavana

That's a whole lot of "but that is it" : )

so true. But most of the pieces are small, and I only added the brooch as an afterthought. I don't particularly like it, I mean, how do you wear such a piece today?? And I am a "size matters" crystal person. I like 'em big.

DownwardSpiral

I guess if you wanted to wear the brooch for the crystal properties you could wear it on the inside of something. What comes to mind would be a jacket though winter time would be better for that. I'm not into brooches but from the picture it looks like a really nice piece.

Bhavana

I guess if you wanted to wear the brooch for the crystal properties you could wear it on the inside of something. What comes to mind would be a jacket though winter time would be better for that. I'm not into brooches but from the picture it looks like a really nice piece.

yes, it is really pretty. The gold must have a high copper content, because it almost looks like rose gold. There is also a little gold loop that i am assuming I could use if I wanted to make it a pendant - but it's so big. I had never thought of wearing it in a concealed way. Good idea.

DownwardSpiral

Oh wow as I thought it would make a nice pendant but thought you would have to re-set it. It would fit right in with some of the stuff I've seen at the stores as far as size. I thought of concealing only because since I've been working with the crystals...mine are all stones(no jewelry) so I carry them in my pocket. AHAHA and imagine telling a total stranger who saw me looking for something and kept asking if she could help....LOL "I lost my crystal" OMG I wonder what she must of been thinking.

Hemera

We went away for the weekend and I left my Rose Quartz pendant home. We got back home yesterday but I still didn´t remember the Rose Quartz. Well, last night I had a very vivid dream about buying a very big palm sized Rose Quartz. It cost 15 euros and an elderly very beautiful lady gave me the money to buy it because I didn´t have my purse with me in the dream!
I don´t think I´ve ever had a dream about a crystal before. I mean I´ve seen stones and crystals in dreams but this is the first time it was such a big one and identified as Rose Quartz! Wow.. Needless to say, the pendant is back in it´s place now!

Hiding in Shadows

I'd pay attention to that dream. Several times in dreams I've heard a voice say a crystals name right before I wake up. They were ones I'd not previously been interested in. I listened and the results were amazing. For me, Rose Quartz is a very mellow stone. Love it dearly, but find larger pieces better. Now I'm drooling all over the idea of a palm stone....... Ahh, the temptations!