Rider Waite card(s) secret......

sweet_intuition

Teheuti said:
I haven't been able to find the person or the hand - not even with my giant deck and a magnifying glass, nor with the B&W line drawing. Can you post a blow up of the section?

Hey Mary

Since I didn't have a scanner, I did a google image search for the card and blew up that. The universal waite ignores this aspect. I discovered this on my Original Rider-Waite deck.

I could be wrong, but do check it out and let me know.

Attachments

• 9 of disks (Black n white).jpg
    9 of disks (Black n white).jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 296

Fulgour

P A X = "Peace"

Teheuti said:
One of my favorite hidden images is in the 4 of [Swords].
It's the PAX written in the halo on the head of the saint
in the stained glass window.
a good key-phrase for this wonderful card too! :heart:

Attachments

• P A X on 4 of Swords.JPG
    P A X on 4 of Swords.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 239

LixiPixi

sweet_intuition said:
I could be wrong, but do check it out and let me know.

That's a vine from the grapes wrapped around the framing that supports the grapes as they grow. The thing hanging in front of it is a tassle from her glove or sleeve. That's what I see, anyway :)

LP~

sweet_intuition

LixiPixi said:
That's a vine from the grapes wrapped around the framing that supports the grapes as they grow. The thing hanging in front of it is a tassle from her glove or sleeve. That's what I see, anyway :)

LP~

That's what it seemed at first, but look closer, see at the little space between the top of the fence and the first leaf. Don't go by this picture, see it in your own RWS deck. Take your time with it, and you'll realize it's a lonely single eye peeking through, watching the woman in the picture :)

Teheuti

sweet_intuition said:
That's what it seemed at first, but look closer, see at the little space between the top of the fence and the first leaf. Don't go by this picture, see it in your own RWS deck. Take your time with it, and you'll realize it's a lonely single eye peeking through, watching the woman in the picture :)
To tell you the truth I just don't see it. But, it would make a great story, which I hope you'll tell at the story project I'm doing at:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=71391

Mary

YDM42

Hi LB- I'm not sure if anyone answered your question about the snail, we have had disscussion concerning it before.
A snail can loose part of itself in order to survive, and it can mate with itself- it is self sufficent. Look up snail or slug totem.

Salamander is a fire walker- and is very sensitive to the environment-absorbeds moisture through it skin... and so forth and so on-

Each card really does have a lot of symbolism, and spiritual meaning-I dont think anything is placed by accident.
The more familiar one is with a diverse "spiritual" background - maybe that is not the right word - but diversity of the key, animal totems, astrology, religion all of it is there to some degree or another. The Tarot just kind of connects the dots and remains ambigous in it's presentation.

LittleBuddha said:
Hi everyone

The beauty of the tarot and this 'wonderful' website is the sharing and the immediate responses from the people whom use it. Learning from a book can feel so cold in comparison and doesn't fire the energies, passions and excitement that working in this way does. Our eyes and senses are what is bringing this deck alive for me.

Firstly, I have been searching for the second person in the 9 of pentacles but cannot find them. Where exactly are they? Please tell me before I go crazy looking.

Secondly, a very small observation which is probably new to me. Is there any significance to what appears to be a snail in the bottom left hand corner? I always engaged on the figure and the bird in this card. It is only, through learning with you guys that I have truely opened my eyes and looked further into the images on this deck. I think that a lot of people disregard the Rider Waite decks because they find its images to be flat and not so inspiring. I am realising that this deck is far more sophisticated than a lot of the more modern and popular packs.

Lastly, above what appears to me to be a snail, can anybody interpret what the black 'squiggle' is that sits just beneath the pentacle.

Thanks to you all.

Yaboot

tippoo

some new (i think) symbols

Has anyone noticed that Temperance has the same Hebrew symbols that appear on the Wheel of Fortune, on her breast in the folds of her dress? If someone knows Hebrew, I'd love to know the meaning of them. Also on Judgement there appear to be Hebrew symbols in the folds of her sleeve, but maybe this is conjecture.

I have real problems seeing the sign for either Capricorn or Saturn on the Devil's palm, to me it looks like the letters Aleph and Shin/Sin from the Hebrew alphabet. Aleph is the first letter and Shin the second last, is this comparable with Alpha and Omega?

Abrac

Hi tippoo,

Because Hebrew is written from right to left, the letters as they appear on Temperance are HVHY. In English it is written YHVH. It is a Hebrew name of God. The exact pronunciation is unclear, but one possibility could be Yahweh. YHVH is also a frequently-used magical formula. There's a lot of info about it online.

I don't really see Capricorn in the Devil's hand either; possibly Saturn, but I think it's more involved than that.

Prendergast

After reading through all this I am going to have to get my RW pack out tonight and have a good look.
ps I thought 'tora' signified the greater law according to A E Waite.

Prendergast

aqua said:
Originally posted by Yaboot001

Firstly, I have been searching for the second person in the 9 of pentacles but cannot find them. Where exactly are they? Please tell me before I go crazy looking.Lastly, above what appears to me to be a snail, can anybody interpret what the black 'squiggle' is that sits just beneath the pentacle.

now this is strange.....
was reading the post re 9 of pentacles and grabbed my deck to take a good look at the card, as i do a daily card reflection draw i turned the deck upside down to hunt thru the cards and hmmmm...what was there sitting on the bottom.......the 9 of pentacles
The feather also represents the personification of Ma'at in ancient Egyptian theology as far as I know.