Centennial RWS and Radiant Rider Waite in a Tin

MagsStardustBlack

The centennial is the same 😌

McFaire

Thanks, I think the centennial backs are very pretty, just ordered a tin.

McFaire

I didn't know this was coming out - I used the Morgan Greer for quite a while and always wanted a smaller version - I doubt whether I'll be able to resist this. :)

USG is quite clever with their irresistible reasons to buy decks you already have!

rwcarter

Was able to get to my regular sized Radiant to confirm that the backs are the same.

Ambrosia

The Centennial (stand alone deck) has the same backs as the pocket version. Having said that, the shade of duck egg blue is ever so slightly different. The standard version that comes in the commemorative set backs seem to be slightly different from my stand alone centennial deck too which I noticed when I was sent a replacement card from that deck.
Having said that, it IS very slight. The fronts seem to be almost identical though IMO.

I was concerned the pocket version may just be shrunken down (much like the Universal Waite Pocket deck) which would make the colours a bit more saturated but that doesn't seem to be the case luckily.

I love both of these decks, the standard Centenial is my go-to reading deck and the pocket deck is the one which goes everywhere in my bag.

ETA - after having looked through both decks, I do see some slight variation in the shades throughout both decks. Kind of like the pocket Universal Waite and the Vanessa Tarot. So both decks backs seem to vary slightly from each other, as well as card by card if that makes sense...not that it's very obvious unless you're looking for it. I still love both immensely.