Have you ever experienced going "Cold" towards a Tarot Deck

INIVEA

I had a thought this morn, Why am I not missing, or thinking about the New Paladini Tarot deck?

Since Wednesday, when I got Mr. Paladini Tarot a one way air plane ticket to DesertDream, all thoughts, feelings, everything I had experienced with this deck for 35 or so days, just disappeared, gone, bye bye.

Have I gone cold towards this deck?
Did I even have a connection with this deck at all?
Was I wanting a connection, but that was an illusion?
Was I maybe just the decks stepping stone to end up in DesertDreams hands?
Why am I not missing this deck?
Why do I no longer think about this deck?
Was it never to be, to begin with from the start?
Why do I feel so detached from this deck?

Am I the only one that experiences these types of feels after shipping a deck out?

dancing_moon

Alas, it looks like you never loved it in the first place. Remembering how you met, though, it seems like prearranged relationships are a hit-or-miss thing. :laugh: Yes, just like with people, your gut is probably the best indicator. If it's silent, chances are it won't work between you and the deck.

It happened to me once, when I bought a deck just because it was being sold as a set with a book I wanted. Never loved it, and I rarely even remember it these days. :)

INIVEA

Alas, it looks like you never loved it in the first place. Remembering how you met, though, it seems like prearranged relationships are a hit-or-miss thing. :laugh:

Oh this is fantastic view point, prearranged relationship, oh that so makes sense. yeah the way we met, was my darn subconscious (muscle testing) wanted the deck, not my gut.

Yes, just like with people, your gut is probably the best indicator. If it's silent, chances are it won't work between you and the deck.

My gut wanted one of the other 2 decks, in my hand, Deviant Moon in the end my gut really wanted, but when I went back to get it, it was gone. I then purchased the (LMS) deck set, which I am really happy with.

It happened to me once, when I bought a deck just because it was being sold as a set with a book I wanted. Never loved it, and I rarely even remember it these days. :)

Oh I am making a mental note for the future, don't buy kits, just for the book, lol

LindaMechele

Good for you! Like I said on your other thread about that deck, life's too damn short to spend it fighting a deck. So how goes the relationship with the LMS? What is the name of that deck again? What kind is it? I forget.

My "meh" deck is the Classic Tarot from LoScarabeo. I got it while collecting examples of historical decks, but I just don't care for it. It sits in my tarot box, never used. I'm just not interested in it. I don't want to get rid of it quite yet as I might want to refer to it later and it's not taking up much room, but for now I don't really have any feelings for it at all. Well, maybe a bit of something - a bit of ... comfort I guess would be the closest word, though that's a bit stronger than I feel really ... that it's there if I do end up wanting to try a Marseilles.

Wrote the above and walked away for an hour, forgetting to hit "submit reply". Now that I've come back to my desk, I want to pick the Classic up and play with it. I'm so fickle. :joke:

INIVEA

Good for you! Like I said on your other thread about that deck, life's too damn short to spend it fighting a deck. So how goes the relationship with the LMS? What is the name of that deck again? What kind is it? I forget.

Yeah, I feel good that the deck is gone :D oh so weird, but good. I just wanted to really give it a good go at it, yeah I dug my heals in, I did really get to know the deck, in that process, found it just wasn't working, so off to boot camp it went.

We'll see how DesertDream makes out with it, hehehe this will be like one of those reality TV shows. Should the deck be like it was for me for DesertDream, she's to pass it on to someone else. <cough> lmbo

The (LMS) deck is the Llewellyn Classic Tarot = Llewellyn Moore Smith = LMS deck lol This deck is a clone of the (RWS) = Ride Waite Smith, lol (aka); the Smith siblings lmbo

Wrote the above and walked away for an hour, forgetting to hit "submit reply". Now that I've come back to my desk, I want to pick the Classic up and play with it. I'm so fickle. :joke:

I do that all the time, lol I even will be reading a post and for some reason or another I just get up forgetting to log off the forum. lol

I was Fickle with The New Paladini Tarot for too long, then I had to come to reality.

INIVEA

My "meh" deck is the Classic Tarot from LoScarabeo. I got it while collecting examples of historical decks, but I just don't care for it. It sits in my tarot box, never used. I'm just not interested in it. I don't want to get rid of it quite yet as I might want to refer to it later and it's not taking up much room, but for now I don't really have any feelings for it at all. Well, maybe a bit of something - a bit of ... comfort I guess would be the closest word, though that's a bit stronger than I feel really ... that it's there if I do end up wanting to try a Marseilles.

Funny I feel the same way about Marseilles decks, just not into them at this current point in my life. I do have one deck though, but it's more of a sentimental value deck, so I keep it just for that purpose.

Tanga

...Since Wednesday, when I got Mr. Paladini Tarot a one way air plane ticket to DesertDream, all thoughts, feelings, everything I had experienced with this deck for 35 or so days, just disappeared, gone, bye bye.

Have I gone cold towards this deck?
Did I even have a connection with this deck at all?
Was I wanting a connection, but that was an illusion?
Why am I not missing this deck?
Why do I no longer think about this deck?
Was it never to be, to begin with from the start?
Why do I feel so detached from this deck?

Am I the only one that experiences these types of feels after shipping a deck out?

LOL. LOL. :) :)

The reality did not live up to the dream.
There's always a risk of that - unless one is able to actually see and perhaps even handle the deck in person before buying. :) And sometimes even then...

I have plenty of decks that I like the artwork of and enjoy looking at - when I'm looking.
But otherwise never think of them or think to read with them. I keep these - and they become my "altar" decks. To decorate my Tarot altar.
Or to use in settings where I think they would be more suitable. For example, I'd never think to read with the RWS - but I'll take it to Tarot meetups/workshops and use it there, because it's the standard that most people work from around here, and it's confusing for beginners if
I use something else.

Decks that do not settle into the "altar" function - eventually get given away.

LindaMechele

Yeah, I feel good that the deck is gone :D oh so weird, but good. I just wanted to really give it a good go at it, yeah I dug my heals in, I did really get to know the deck, in that process, found it just wasn't working, so off to boot camp it went.

We'll see how DesertDream makes out with it, hehehe this will be like one of those reality TV shows. Should the deck be like it was for me for DesertDream, she's to pass it on to someone else. <cough> lmbo
If she doesn't, I'll be the next one on the island! :joke: We'll see how it fares against a redneck farmer Aries. :joke:

The (LMS) deck is the Llewellyn Classic Tarot = Llewellyn Moore Smith = LMS deck lol This deck is a clone of the (RWS) = Ride Waite Smith, lol (aka); the Smith siblings lmbo
Oh, yeah! I like the look of that deck. It's on my wishlist, though it'll be a while - I went a little crazy on the Trading Forum when some offers came up that I couldn't refuse. ;)

Funny I feel the same way about Marseilles decks, just not into them at this current point in my life. I do have one deck though, but it's more of a sentimental value deck, so I keep it just for that purpose.
I don't know what is it about the Marseilles decks, but I do feel the same way about most of them as well, I think all of them that I've seen. I don't think it's the unillustrated pips. I have a Golden (Visconti) and I really like it. Maybe it's the people that kind of look like Picasso paintings and I never really liked him. Maybe it's the restricted color palette and the starkness of the few that are used. Dunno.

Tanga

Only just beginning to warm to Marseille through learning more about it. Reading "The Open Reading" - Yoav Ben-Dov, and finding the way he expresses himself just works for me - I'm hooked into the whole story. :) Just like the RWS really - I only began to appreciate that after
I went to a seminar about Pamela Coleman Smith - given by a lady that I really admire.
The artwork is just not to my taste. But I like the colours of the Jodorowski-Camion version.

I'd use it as a Timing deck - ala ''nisaba's timing method".

DesertDream

If she doesn't, I'll be the next one on the island! :joke: We'll see how it fares against a redneck farmer Aries. :joke:

Haha ok your next if it does not fare well! Hey maybe we should make this into a Sisterhood of the travelling Tarot deck thing LOL. Send it between a small circle of women and see what experiences we have while the deck is in our possesion like they did in the movie/book!

Cept INIVEA might burn the deck if it was mailed back to her!

Yes! LOL ♡