How Often Do You Check For Missing Cards?

How Often Do You Check For Missing Cards?

• Before/After Every Use

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Weekly

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Intuitively

Votes: 24 82.8%

• Total voters

Ace

I usually check before most gigs, but sometimes I just FEEL a card is not there that i need. Once I went through an entire party (with a bunch of Lesbians) without the High Priestess and I was EXHAUSTED when I was done and discovered it still in the box. I NEEDED that card and didn't have it.

barb

lantana

I think there are a few decks I have where I've never checked!

Granted, I've done quite a few challenges across social media that ask you to compare cards, pick your favorite one, etc... I'd probably notice eventually. I hope.

Maybe I should spend a day making sure...

PAMUYA

I have never looked for missing cards. I recently sold two decks and put them in order if that counts. Interesting question.

stellar4

I always check when I buy a deck or if I am passing one on (always put them in order), but apart from that, never.
I am always super careful when I use my cards so don't see the need to check.

AJ

When a deck enters the house I always order it.

never again unless I decide to sell/trade/give.

I had one ebay deck missing 7 cards, us games provided them from their broken decks.
I've had 3 brand new decks with cards missing or damaged and once and extra.

Grizabella

I lived in an RV for a couple years and that's the first time I've ever lost any cards out of any of my decks. I lost one card out of my pocket Universal Waite that I don't think is produced in that size anymore. I lost more than one card out of my small RWS deck.

Because of those losses, now I check every once in awhile with the decks I happen to be using the most at that time. When I was a little girl of about 3 or 4, people would give me pennies. I'd carry them in my hand, but if one was missing, I could just tell, my mother said, and now when I pick up a deck, I can just tell by the feel of it in my hand whether there are any cards missing and then I count them to check. I don't know why I have that ability but for pennies and Tarot cards, it seems to be useful. :p

Moonpaw

I like to order my deck periodically to freshen it back up after I've done a lot of readings, but it has the added benefit of allowing me to check for missing cards. I'd say I do this roughly once a month, sometimes more if I've been doing more readings than usual.

Le Fanu

If a deck's in order - i.e. brand new - I'll go through very quickly and check. If I get a deck that's not in order, I do something which is not really very good - I count that there are 78 tarot cards, obviously not counting extra cards, title cards, extra Devil cards or whatever.

Far more useful to me - and what would be my answer to this question - is that I always read cards in the same place at home - at the table in my Reading Room. I check regularly under the sofa which is where they would fall.

Other than that, I never check a deck again.

If trading or selling a deck I always put it in order to check all is well.

G6

Jeez I'm surprised šŸ˜³! Am I the only one that loses cards? I'm sure this missing one is somewhere in the house, but I've lost really lost cards before and didn't realize one was missing until I counted them to give the deck away.

Le Fanu

I have never - to my knowledege - lost a card. I have miscounted, but not lost.

Thinking about it - if you keep your cards in a box or bag, shuffle with your eyes open, and when you scoop a deck off the table after use, check you haven't left a card behind - I don't see how cards can be easily lost.

I buy back ups for various reasons but not because I might lose a card and render a deck incomplete. I just don't think that really happens.