Your Personal favorite deck.

Nevada

danny.mac85 said:
How do you like them? Have they been helpful? I also am looking for something that isn't always so upie-upie if that makes sense. I want down to earth readings.
Froud's Faeries Oracle, hands down. I could easily give up all my other oracle decks, but when I lost my first Faeries Oracle, I immediately replaced it. Definitely not uppie-uppie all the time. It's very well balanced, and sometimes it's as if those little rascals are laughing at me, and warning me to get my feet back on planet Earth. I always learn something from using them. They are uncanny at times, how they answer a question so specifically and literally. :bugeyed:

If I didn't love them so much, they'd spook me. :D

danny.mac85

I haven't been able to read through all the replies yet, but thank you so much for them!! I can't wait to check out your favorites!!!

ETA: Ok, Babies in bed so know I can reply. I really love all of these decks, I am going to have to really contemplate and see which picks me I guess or I could wind up with them all and hubby would Not be happy about that=) I wish I had a store around here that carried all of these, I think that there might be the Medicine card ones but its hard to find any real big selection in the stores around here, which is sad b/c I love to get to hold them and see how I feel before I buy. Sorry about the book but I really do appreciate your help.

Genna

Definately Froud´s "The Faeries Oracle". I couldn´t imagine my life without them.

Aerin

I like the Celtic Messages Oracle by Joules Taylor (which is also available quite cheaply).

The PsyCards are worth considering as well. The book for them is useful but, having looked through it once, I found that I didn't need it to keep after all. Both are easily available: don't be fooled by some of the listers on amazon marketplace.

Both these decks are, I find, quite down to earth. This can be quite refreshing.

Of the Lenormand decks I realy like the Mystiches Lenormand. On the whole though I prefer the Sybilla decks - a personal thing. Mystiches Kipper is also beautiful.

hunter

Soul Lessons and Soul Purpose by Sonia Choquette have a real bite to them. Ouch! The card stock is thick and a bit warped, though, and I hate the way they shuffle.

Medicine Cards offer partly strong advice, but so expertly written you don't feel bitten. I radically trimmed these to playing card size, to work for me though.

The Way of the Horse is an excellent deck for trauma survivors. Almost need a PHD, though, to understand the book. I loaned out this deck and didn't get it back and had to repurchase it. I like the card stock as is.

The Well Worn Path and the Hidden Path shine for dealing with yourself and your relationship with the creator, when you are tired of dealing with your relationships with other people. Typical tarot cardstock.

Then when you want to turn around and focus on your relationships exclusively, The Joy of Relationship Cards are...life changing and marriage/partnership saving. You can see all the cards online for free with full text, and do free online readings, but the deck itself is expensive, unless you watch Amazon for quite awhile. Be very, very careful to make sure you are getting the book and cards when ordering used though! I got burned my first try with this deck. Very large cards.

The Goddess Oracle by Amy Sophia Marashinsky is very good. It comes with a "ritual suggestion" (guided meditation) for each card. I like to pick these cards for a friend and read the meditation to her when she is having a "moment". She can just lie with her eyes closed and listen. I trimmed these, but don't remember what they were like before :-0

DV cards traumatize me, believe it or not. Too much sugar coating on relationship issues makes me feel invalidated about my traumas.

iceclone

I'm really enabled to buy a Froud's fairy deck... I only have the healing of the angels. I want to mix it up with something else. =D

Nevada

hunter said:
DV cards traumatize me, believe it or not. Too much sugar coating on relationship issues makes me feel invalidated about my traumas.
This is the reason I've continued to shy away from some oracle decks -- their perpetually positive slant.

When I have a serious problem, sugar coating it doesn't help. I find I need to dive into the problem and deal with it, sometimes in dark places within myself.

A simplistic message of "cheer up" or "think positive" just doesn't work.

I'm not a particularly "up" person to begin with, and that approach feels alien to me. I'm willing to face my problems head on, with all their possible ramifications. My oracle deck needs to be able to do that with me. I love the Froud's Faeries Oracle because it does just that. It presents my problems, when they're serious, in a way that helps me manage my reactions and depths of mood in a realistic way. It has just enough irreverence to carry me through without being overly bubbly or light. I find a too-positive deck to be too superficial for me.

Morgane_49

I feel the same way, Nevada. My life is rarely roses and sunshine, so I want a dose of reality when I draw my daily card. The Faeries' is my favourite deck for that, because they don't walk on eggshells around me. If I need bopping over the head with something, they thoroughly enjoy doing it!

My second favourite oracle deck is Messages from Your Animal Spirit Guides Oracle deck by Steven Farmer. They are an absolutely amazing deck, and they don't sugarcoat anything.

FayCarol

When I want to get to the heart of something I use my Oracle of the Dragonfae or Madame Endora. The Dragonfae is the deck I use for my daily read and they are very upfront with their messages and tell me what I need to hear. Madame Endora is also very upfront and comes right to the point of the matter. I also use her for friend's readings and they are very helpful.

Blessings,
FayCarol

hunter

Nevada said:
A simplistic message of "cheer up" or "think positive" just doesn't work.

Beware of some of the Sonia Choquette decks. They kinda tell you all your troubles are your fault. I guess they come from the thought if you believe you are at fault it makes you feel empowered that you have the ability to change things, and you are in control of the future.

I find it easier to deal with "it's all your fault" than "cheer up" and "think positive". At least they are not attacking my perception. And there is something unsettling about getting hurt by a fluffy deck. Your guard just isn't up.

I use both DV and SC decks...but I have to draw them along with cards from another deck to balance them. I need other voices added to the mix for support if they hurt my feelings.

I bought The Answer is Simple today. It's alot like Soul Lessons, but better card stock. The Borders coupon brought it down to $10.17, so I splurged.