Anger and/or Revenge

snowy_owl

What card denotes an extreme blood boiling anger to you? What card denotes plotting revenge?

I see the Tower. I picture the satisfaction of tossing my enemies and people who have wronged me out the window.

Are there any other cards that suggest these emotions?

Skysteel

snowy_owl said:
What card denotes an extreme blood boiling anger to you? What card denotes plotting revenge?

The Chariot.

BLFO

10 Swords usually means that you will do something to somebody, especially start a rumor or like about someone so it can spread to other people.

7 Swords comes up as being sneaky to undermine someone.

5 Swords indicates cussing someone out to me. Showing hurt and giving out pain at the same time.

Alan Ross

The Five of Swords: Getting back at someone and humiliating them.
The Seven of Swords: A devious, underhanded scheme for revenge.
The Ten of Swords: Backstabbing and betrayal.
The Devil: An evil and uncontrollable temper.
The Five of Pentacles: Ruining someone financially.
The Hierophant or The Pope: Embarking on a holy crusade against someone.
The Chariot: Trampling someone into the dirt.
The Hanged Man: Hanging someone.
Justice or Judgment: Suing someone
The Fool: Setting your dog on someone, feeding them to a crocodile, or pushing them off a cliff.
Death: Self-explanatory
The Tower: I really like snowy_owl's suggestion.
The Three of Cups: Celebrating your revenge :).

Papageno

5 and 7 of Swords to begin with but a reading like this is fraught with danger and many subtle possibilities. I would not ignore the seemingly benign Pages.
They are often the embryos of plots unfolding.

The Justice card and 2 of swords can also come into play.....but this is all theoretical

The Tower to me is more likely an outcome or even a "present position" type of card.....but not necessarily that of the intended victim of revenge.....possibly the downfall in some manner of the *instigator* and maybe even *both parties*.

In attempting to undermine someone elses house or position you may unwittingly bring down your own in the process.

that's a tricky one and I would proceed cautiously.

Thirteen

I like Papageno's take.

I, also, would be more inclined to go for the Chariot--at least for immediate, blood-boiling fury (Laertes "I want my revenge NOW!" style). The chariot is all about a single, intense focus and you don't care who gets caught under the wheels as you storm forward to victory.

For a more Iago-best-served-cold revenge, requiring that the person plotting it out and manuvering people into position, and relish each step toward distruction that their enemy takes....that would require the Devil and, as mentioned, some sword cards.

starrystarrynight

From a different angle, I also see the Knight of Swords as an angry person. So, coupled with, maybe, the Tower and the Five of Swords/Seven of Swords it could signify an angry situation.

frelkins

it is so interesting to see so much agreement, but for so many different reasons!

i too would say the devil could in context represent violent rage; intellectual passions/drives are also one association with swords -- the five would mean an instability in this area (losing one's temper is an instability of course) and the seven would be loss of control (acting out on that loss of temper) -- so in the right context i would think those 3 cards together could certainly point to a violent act of rage.

those 5 & 7 swords together esp. as air cards indicate increased stormy instability, and the swords are the enemy of the earthy devil card -- the air blows like a tornado over the earth without restraint and tears it up, causing havoc.

snowy_owl

Great answers. I can see the Devil plus swords combo as really potent. And I am really warming to the Chariot as a bowl-them-over, mash-them-into-the-dirt response.

Interesting for me, that, despite all the anger I feel, I tend to pull pentacles and mostly benign cards when I do readings for myself, like Star and Temperance. I get my fair share of swords, but they tend to be the 9 or swords or the 10 of swords..........

Curiouser and curiouser. One of my favorite quotes is from Napoleon, "Don't interrupt your enemy in the middle of a mistake".........who could signify that enemy? Is there a card(s) for paranoia? ;-)