Horary Readings Round 7 - Questions

Minderwiz

The next two questions on my list come from danieljuk (who I think asked his first) and then jean bosco. I should have those done in the next couple of days.

Edited to add:

First attempt at a chart for danieljuk produced a VOC Moon at only 14 degrees Capricorn. As the next major aspect will be the New Moon, I'm going to have to wait a couple of days before I can try again. But with the Moon VOC and already under the beams, that's not a bad thing. You just don't want a reading off this chart.

Ronia

Hi Minderwiz :) I'll have to ask about a job again. A better one. Some time ago you did a chart about this job and things were supposed to get easier but they don't seem to improve or not as fast as I need them to. And overall, I simply need a better paid job and in my field, so I don't have to put up with both low pay and foreign field, it's way too stressful. So, my question is if I will find a better suiting me job this year. I've started applying again, it's not like I want it to fall on my lap. :) Thank you.

Minderwiz

My next reading is for NamasteIndia, thoug at the moment I'm not all that well. Bad cold and cough has led to lost sleep which is not the best basis for doing work.

sorry i am late with my question

where will my relation with A.U head towards??

Please can you give some background on the relationship with A.U. Especially on the type of relationship it is now and what you are hoping form. In my current state, I'll make presumptions, which are likely to be incorrect.

Ronia

Feedback and learning question

Hi Minderwiz, in addition to the job question above, I have some other news. First, feedback on the chart you did for me when we were moving into this apartment (http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=3645091&postcount=201), it was 8th house and I thought it would just be burdensome financially but it actually proved to be stressful as well because of the very noisy neighbours. Overall, it turned out to be an unpleasant place not because the apartment itself is bad, it's very nice, the building is great with great amenities, but because of the neighbours. Next, I applied for another apartment in a building where most of my friends happen to live, just one street away from mine. I just received the call I was approved, therefore I'll be moving again in two months. I cast a chart, after the call, asking if this apartment will be good for us, on January 30, 2015, at 2:21 pm in Toronto.

I am the Moon, void of course in gemini in the 12th. Hardly a very good placement but I don't know if it means much in this chart as I was interested in the apartment, I have nothing else to do now but wait till the time to move comes. What do you think?

Ascendant is early, fits the situation, I had just got the call.

Apartment is Mercury again in the 8th. :( Partial conjunction with the Sun, ruler of 3rd, may be because the new apartment is also in the neighbourhood?

Edited to add: I keep being a bit unsure about this chart because it doesn't show in any way that I got the apartment. I cast another one last night but not only the Moon was VOC but the Asc was 2 degrees. I'll try a thir one today and if the same, I'll leave it as it is.

Doesn't look much better, does it?

I hope you feel better soon!

Minderwiz

Quick update

Still waiting for NamasteIndia to get back.

In the meantime I tried doing the chart for Yippee. The first one had Saturn in seventh and the second one has Moon VOC.

I'll try again tomorrow

Yippee

Thanks for the update :)

I wasn't sure what those two placements meant, and looked it up. That was really neat to find out :) If there's any information you need from me, let me know :)

Ethereal

hi minderwiz!

I have 2 questions for you...thanks, as always!

1. what do I need to know regarding the upcoming probate decision, for me, regarding my father's estate? what do I need to know regarding my brother's decision to hire an attorney for this matter?

2. what is upcoming for me in all areas of my life, ( relocation, family, health, money employment) within the next few months? (up to 6 months).

looking forward to the readings!

Minderwiz

Next two readings will be

Pacificwaters
Ronia

Ronia

Chart for discussion

Thank you, Minderwiz. Whenever you have the time.

I'm throwing a chart here which I find interesting, in case you have time to take a look. The chart was cast on February 7, 2015 at 22:52 in Toronto. The question is if I will meet X this year. Some background: X will be around in about 6-7 months. If I meet him, it will be then. This is important as the significators are that many degrees apart. We both work in a field which is indeed a 5th house matter - the significators are there.

I'm Venus. he is Mars. Very appropriate. LOL It's the hour of Mars, also appropriate. Ascendant is fine, Moon is not VOC. Now, on to my winderings. Venus and Mars are both in Pisces and by some older traditions would be definitely conjunct whatsoever. Venus is exalted, Mars is in her exaltation but Mars is also in his own face and term, Venus is in his triplicity, so there is also reception. Venus and Mars are about 6 degrees apart, so they are already in orb (moiety considered). So far, so good.

The fly in the ointment is that the aspect will not be perfected until they move to Aries. If I continue progressing the chart, the Moon will of course aspect Venus, Sun, and Mars in that order thus turning the whole thing to a completely different story but she will need to change signs to Scorpio to do that. (I see she will sextile Jupiter, ruler of the third and trine Sun, co-ruler of the 10th while in Libra and I'm hoping for an interview and a better job, on a different note).

Since the Moon is my co-significator as well, I don't see myself prohibiting a meeting which would be very beneficial for me. The Sun co-rules the 10th, I wonder if the Moon-Sun square (when Moon already in Scorpio) means that I will step on someone's toes if the meeting happens (very probable).

I wonder if I should go that far actually. I try to keep it simple but I'm torn here between the fact that both significators are in the same sign and within orb on one side, and that the perfection itself will happen in another sign. I can see how the meeting could happen on Mars' terms, so to speak, i.e. there will be a meeting but it won't be easy for Venus because when it happens Mars will be in a position to influence the whole thing in a major way (and this would fit the reality where X is a person of power over me in many aspects).

I guess my question is, if you, Minderwiz, have time to take a look, do you think the meeting will happen or not happen at all. I suspect you will say "no" but had to ask anyways. :)

P.S. OK, this seems to be one of those things that are a bit wobbly - the perfection in next sign. Lilly allows the Moon to perfect if in orb when applying to the planet in the next sign. Same should apply to Venus, IMO.

At the time she applies to Mars in Aries she will be very close, way beyond orb or moiety requirements. In fact, on Mars' entering Aries, Venus will be beyound 29 degrees Pisces already, they will be separated by a degree or less. This comes important as Venus will perfect the conjunction in Aries before Mars aspects either Saturn or Mercury (as mentioned in some texts by Bonatti, for example, where the receiving planet moves on to someone/something else before the applying can catch up wit it). According to U/Omar, if the applying planet catches up with the receiving one without the latter aspecting a third planet, the perfection will happen.

Masha'allah also talks about "being received" or applying from a place of own strength (Venus will be applying from Mars' triplicity sign AND from her exaltation). Once she moves to Aries she will apply to perfect from Mars' domicile. He also gives the "applying to a malefic but who is dignified" (Mars in Aries) and "applying to a malefic and being received) (which is the case re: Mars' triplicity or Mars' domicile).

Overall, it was a good reason to re-read some pieces. This will be interesting to watch and it's not that far in the future to get back to the chart and report if perfection happened.

P.P.S. Found Lilly's piece where he says that if the two planets (significators) are in the same sign and the ruler of the Asc is tha lighter, and (not without reception) applies to the second significator in the latter's own house (Mars in Aries), that should perfect. Of course, his sentence is far more twisted, I'm paraphrasing, it's from An introduction to astrology, rules for the practice of horary astrology.

Minderwiz

Thank you, Minderwiz. Whenever you have the time.

I'm throwing a chart here which I find interesting, in case you have time to take a look. The chart was cast on February 7, 2015 at 22:52 in Toronto. The question is if I will meet X this year. Some background: X will be around in about 6-7 months. If I meet him, it will be then. This is important as the significators are that many degrees apart. We both work in a field which is indeed a 5th house matter - the significators are there.

I'm Venus. he is Mars. Very appropriate. LOL It's the hour of Mars, also appropriate. Ascendant is fine, Moon is not VOC. Now, on to my winderings. Venus and Mars are both in Pisces and by some older traditions would be definitely conjunct whatsoever. Venus is exalted, Mars is in her exaltation but Mars is also in his own face and term, Venus is in his triplicity, so there is also reception. Venus and Mars are about 6 degrees apart, so they are already in orb (moiety considered). So far, so good.

The fly in the ointment is that the aspect will not be perfected until they move to Aries. If I continue progressing the chart, the Moon will of course aspect Venus, Sun, and Mars in that order thus turning the whole thing to a completely different story but she will need to change signs to Scorpio to do that. (I see she will sextile Jupiter, ruler of the third and trine Sun, co-ruler of the 10th while in Libra and I'm hoping for an interview and a better job, on a different note).

Since the Moon is my co-significator as well, I don't see myself prohibiting a meeting which would be very beneficial for me. The Sun co-rules the 10th, I wonder if the Moon-Sun square (when Moon already in Scorpio) means that I will step on someone's toes if the meeting happens (very probable).

I wonder if I should go that far actually. I try to keep it simple but I'm torn here between the fact that both significators are in the same sign and within orb on one side, and that the perfection itself will happen in another sign. I can see how the meeting could happen on Mars' terms, so to speak, i.e. there will be a meeting but it won't be easy for Venus because when it happens Mars will be in a position to influence the whole thing in a major way (and this would fit the reality where X is a person of power over me in many aspects).

I guess my question is, if you, Minderwiz, have time to take a look, do you think the meeting will happen or not happen at all. I suspect you will say "no" but had to ask anyways. :)

P.S. OK, this seems to be one of those things that are a bit wobbly - the perfection in next sign. Lilly allows the Moon to perfect if in orb when applying to the planet in the next sign. Same should apply to Venus, IMO.

At the time she applies to Mars in Aries she will be very close, way beyond orb or moiety requirements. In fact, on Mars' entering Aries, Venus will be beyound 29 degrees Pisces already, they will be separated by a degree or less. This comes important as Venus will perfect the conjunction in Aries before Mars aspects either Saturn or Mercury (as mentioned in some texts by Bonatti, for example, where the receiving planet moves on to someone/something else before the applying can catch up wit it). According to U/Omar, if the applying planet catches up with the receiving one without the latter aspecting a third planet, the perfection will happen.

Masha'allah also talks about "being received" or applying from a place of own strength (Venus will be applying from Mars' triplicity sign AND from her exaltation). Once she moves to Aries she will apply to perfect from Mars' domicile. He also gives the "applying to a malefic but who is dignified" (Mars in Aries) and "applying to a malefic and being received) (which is the case re: Mars' triplicity or Mars' domicile).

Overall, it was a good reason to re-read some pieces. This will be interesting to watch and it's not that far in the future to get back to the chart and report if perfection happened.

P.P.S. Found Lilly's piece where he says that if the two planets (significators) are in the same sign and the ruler of the Asc is tha lighter, and (not without reception) applies to the second significator in the latter's own house (Mars in Aries), that should perfect. Of course, his sentence is far more twisted, I'm paraphrasing, it's from An introduction to astrology, rules for the practice of horary astrology.

I think I'd start by ruling out the Moon as an agent of perfection in this question. It's in early Libra and inconjunct the other significators. It's also got a long way to travel before it makes another aspect to a planet, some 13 degrees till it sextiles Jupiter. Whilst this is the limit of the Moon's orb for Hellenistic Astrology, it's not considered within orb by Medieval, Seventeenth Century and indeed Modern Astrology. Masha Allah might allow the chain to continue if Jupiter went on to aspect a significator, or a planet that will then aspect a significator but it won't do that.

That leaves you with the Venus/Mars conjunction. Frawley takes an aspect perfecting after a change in sign to usually indicate that the matter is frustrated. As far as I can tell this is because any essential dignity and reception will change, so the conditions attached to the querent and questited will change.

However 'usually' doesn't imply 'always'. My Whole Sign House chart has the aspect perfecting in early Aries, which is the seventh house. That latter point is important because there is still reception involved here. Dignified Mars receives Venus in Aries. But Venus is now in her own Detriment and this could be taken as a change in attitude to X on your part. You no longer like him. Frawley argues that the ruler of the Ascendant in the Seventh in a relationship question indicates vulnerability - you are going to him and risk rebuff. This is more in accord with a 'happy ending'. The Meeting will take place with the likely outcome that things will happen favourably.

Using Regiomontanus the significators change from fifth house into sixth house and the reading would be different. You are now unable to get it together and you personally are going off the idea, even though he is keen. This is more unhappy ending, and nothing comes of the meeting, even if it takes place at all, or at best something happens but you are both unable to progress matters easily if at all. Mercury will by that time have turned Direct and be safely out of the way.

But in order for all this to work out Venus has to move over sixteen degrees and Mars over ten degrees without impediment and the time scale is two weeks, during which the Moon will move half way round the Zodiac, more of this below.

I'd be comfortable with the conclusion of success if Venus and Mars had reached the 28th or 29th degree of Pisces or were in the placements you used as an example in your post (Venus 29 Pisces Mars 0 Aries) but this gap seems to leave a lot to chance and change.

Like you I hope it works out but it's very much a keep your fingers and toes crossed. During that two week period both Venus and Mars will Trine the MC. You will find comments about planets aspecting the house cusps in Lilly and certainly in earlier authors but as you linked this chart to your previous horary reading, you must have an inkling at some level that career may interfere with romance.

In your chart the Moon is decreasing in light, and will lose light entirely before the Conjunction, indeed when both planets are in late Pisces. A Moon with no light and the planets still apart and not aspecting till after a change of sign, doesn't add to the sense that this is going to come off.

It's not an easy chart to be sure of at all. But best of luck with it. I hope the conjunction with reception comes off and Venus' Detriment doesn't screw up matters. Incidentally you made a comment that you couldn't prohibit your own question perfecting - if you change your mind about him that will be a prohibiting factor.