Horary Readings Round 7 - Answers

jean bosco

The chart cast has the Cancer rising, so you are signified by the Moon, which is in Aries in the tenth place. You are clearly concerned about your career/social actions. Aries is not a good sign for the Moon, because it is a diurnal one but its ruler Mars, is a Sect Mate (both nocturnal planets). Mars itself is in the ninth place, associated with religion, law, but also dreams and other divinatory activities like Astrology. So you are hoping that this reading will help. There's no aspect between Mars and the Moon, they are averse to each other but both are in good places. Mars ruler is Jupiter, which is retrograde in the second place, possibly suggesting that money is likely to flow out rather than in at the moment. The Moon is in none of her own dignities, so she is Peregrine - there's a need for guidance or help, otherwise you end up getting nowhere.

The exaltation planet of Aries is the Sun and that is in the eighth place, and in its own detriment of Aquarius. It rules the second place and that is another indicator that things are not really going well in terms of income. The Sun is also the Triplicity ruler of the Fire Signs by Day so that concern about income is accentuated and again echoed by the Moon being in the Terms of Jupiter and the Face of Mars. Career and income are at the heart of this question.

The question concerns a move to Vienna as a means of remedying the situation. As you already live in Austria and have connections with Vienna, having lived there before, I would judge the significators of a move to be Mercury, ruler of the third house of short or familiar journeys and possibly Venus, ruler of the fourth house of home or homeland. The fourth house contains the Moon's North Node, which is seen as being a benefic in some branches of horary. So there is a clear attraction to the move.

Mercury is placed in the eighth house, as is Venus. So both the journey and attraction to Vienna may be unable to remedy the situation. Venus is also Peregrine, Mercury is not much better, having dignity only by Face. The eighth house also has signification for other people's money, so that has some relevance to the question. Its ruler Saturn is also badly placed in the sixth house and in Sagittarius, where it too is Peregrine. So we have several relevant planets which are badly placed and/or Peregrine. This doesn't point to the move being successful in terms of it's end purpose.

The Moon's aspects are firstly an application to Saturn by trine and Saturn rules other people's money. So something might be coming your way at your current location. That is followed by a sextle to the Sun, your money. There is some Reception here, given the Sun is the exaltation and triplicity ruler of the Moon but its poor condition does not suggest this will be a major improvement.

Thereafter, the Moon's next aspects are to Mercury (the trip) and Jupiter berore it move on the Venus.

From this, I'd say that there's no compelling reason, yet, to move. There may well be income on it's way. However I can see that things are not as good as they could be and this might not prove enough to keep you in your current location. However for the moment, the move is not offering any real improvement in the situation. As the Moon is well placed and waxing, you can still quickly react to events, so if nothing does materialise, you can rethink that move.

Minderwiz, thanks so much for this long, detailed and straight forward reading. Wow.
It sums up a lot of what I'm concernd with. Where I'm currently living I won't get a new job as a teacher because all jobs are occupied (it's a small place). They say all there is would be a job in a hotel as cleaning stuff etc... (It's a tourism area with all the mountains around). But it's not only that. Vienna is also the place where I felt best from all the places I've lived in so far. And many friends are also there. But that reading is really clear so I will keep my eyes open and stay here in the meanwhile.

Minderwiz

Give it a month, at most, and then come back. for a follow up. If you had asked specifically about a job as a teacher, the answer might have been different, because the primary focus would be on the job, not the move. So next time ensure that the question is something along the lines of 'Will I obtain a job as a teacher, if I move to Vienna?' In the meantime there's no harm in applying for such jobs (assuming that they don't require you to live locally in the first place, and are prepared to pay travelling expenses for the interview.

Good luck and remember not to leave it too long for a follow up.

Minderwiz

Reading for Yippee

May I also ask about any long-term romance coming in for me?

I had made two attempts before this to get a valid chart. The first had Saturn in the seventh, the second had the Moon VOC and now this, which also has Saturn in the seventh.

Luckily given the results from the first two, I limited the question to a three month period. Even if it had come out strongly in favour, I would still have seen doubt cast by the first two and want to try again later.

The chart has Mercury rising, with Mercury in the ninth house and in Aquarius. It's a day chart so Mercury has dignity through ruling the Air Triplicity. So well placed and with strength to act. Mercury is direct and fast but is under the beams and about to go combust. 'identifying' a possible suitor will be difficult,.

Worse, though, Mercury is in sign based opposition to Jupiter, ruler of the seventh. The opposition will be prohibited because Mercury will first aspect the Sun by conjunction.

If I look to the Moon, she is in Leo and just passed the Full Moon. Her last planetary aspect was the opposition to Mercury but she will not carry that opposition to Jupiter, as her next planetary aspect is to the Sun.

In both cases the Sun is the prohibiting factor at possibly two levels. Firstly Mercury under the beams signifies that you're likely to miss a suitable candidate. The Sun rules the third house (ninth house from his point of view) so unexpected travel might intervene, for you or travel for him.

Now Saturn in the seventh signifies that the Astrologer's judgement might be wrong, and in this case I very much hope that is the case. I'd suggest waiting at least a month and then coming back for a follow up.

It's rare that I get three such charts in succession but I think we have signals that nothing is likely to change in those three months, unless I'm wrong and two out of three charts sugggest I might make an error.

Attachments

• Yippee.jpg
    Yippee.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 64

Yippee

I had made two attempts before this to get a valid chart. The first had Saturn in the seventh, the second had the Moon VOC and now this, which also has Saturn in the seventh.

Luckily given the results from the first two, I limited the question to a three month period. Even if it had come out strongly in favour, I would still have seen doubt cast by the first two and want to try again later.

The chart has Mercury rising, with Mercury in the ninth house and in Aquarius. It's a day chart so Mercury has dignity through ruling the Air Triplicity. So well placed and with strength to act. Mercury is direct and fast but is under the beams and about to go combust. 'identifying' a possible suitor will be difficult,.

Worse, though, Mercury is in sign based opposition to Jupiter, ruler of the seventh. The opposition will be prohibited because Mercury will first aspect the Sun by conjunction.

If I look to the Moon, she is in Leo and just passed the Full Moon. Her last planetary aspect was the opposition to Mercury but she will not carry that opposition to Jupiter, as her next planetary aspect is to the Sun.

In both cases the Sun is the prohibiting factor at possibly two levels. Firstly Mercury under the beams signifies that you're likely to miss a suitable candidate. The Sun rules the third house (ninth house from his point of view) so unexpected travel might intervene, for you or travel for him.

Now Saturn in the seventh signifies that the Astrologer's judgement might be wrong, and in this case I very much hope that is the case. I'd suggest waiting at least a month and then coming back for a follow up.

It's rare that I get three such charts in succession but I think we have signals that nothing is likely to change in those three months, unless I'm wrong and two out of three charts sugggest I might make an error.

Thank you, Minderwiz :) I wanted to remain open-minded with my question, so it's no problem that it's a no :)

And wow, thanks for trying to do it three times, I guess that's a pretty strong suggestion to focus on other things for now. I'll definitely follow up within a month if anything, though :) Thank you for clarifying about those positions within the chart!

At the moment, I'm not looking for romance, and continue to focus on me, but I definitely would be welcoming of a suitable romance :) I have my studies and work to improve upon, so perhaps once day is stable, I can bring in some romance.

Minderwiz

Reading for fairylights

May I ask a question? What are my prospects for grad school/higher education this year and what implications (if any) will they have for my relationship with my SO?

EDIT: I feel like maybe I haven't provided enough context so I'll try to fix that. I applied to grad school late last year (14/15 December to be precise) to study history, I have a moderately fulfilling career right now with decent prospects for progress but believe my talents and interests would be better suited in academia. There are some significant obstacles in my prior academic record that will make this difficult but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? I also want to travel to the US to complete my graduate education.

Being in the US would be good for a number of reasons, some of the best (and best funded) programs in my field are situated there and so, currently, is my SO. I would prefer not to have to do the long distance thing indefinitely ... the last year long distance, visits notwithstanding, has been kind of a drag.

Anyway, my situation involves an intertwining between career and relationship and I'm interested to see if there will be progress on that front this year. As a side note, I had shown you my natal chart in this thread, post 8 ... where you had said that I have a relationship between work and marriage ... so are there going to be repercussions for that within the next 12 months? My Saturn return is coming up and so far, I only know that it's often big and scary ... and I guess it would be good to start cleaning house and see if it does any good at all. I hope this is all relevant information?

Thank you so much. :)

I cast the attached chart, which has Cancer rising making the Moon your significator. The Moon is placed in the third House, which is Virgo. Travel is certainly one of your concerns though as the Moon is Peregrine, indicating that you are not sure in which direction you should be headed or have conflicting demands on your intended direction.

The Post Grad school is signified by the ninth House and that is ruled by Jupiter, placed in the second house of your finances and material possessions. So there is a clear financial implications to this question, even though you haven't specially mentioned it. With Jupiter being retrograde, this perhaps implies serious outgoings rather than serious incomings.

Interestingly Mars, ruler of the tenth house of career is also placed in the ninth house of Higher Education and long distance travel. There's also a clear link between your career and the PG course. This is confirmed with the presence of the astronomic MC in the ninth.

However there do seem to be real tensions here. The Moon is in a close applying opposition to the MC and in a wider sense to your Career.

Your SO is signified by Saturn ruler of the seventh. Saturn is placed in the sixth house, a bad placement, and in partile square to the Moon in the third.

The situation is one of tension betweeen you are your SO and between you and the Job/PG course. Given the nature of the circumstances, I'm not surprised, its natural. I'm not saying that things won't work out but if you are not careful, that's exactly what's at risk and you will be left with nothing.

You need to ensure that you and your SO have thought things through, together and that you are sure everything is in place to minimise the eventual and real tensions you are going to go through. The parts of your life that you want to be connected are connected but there will be an inevitable cost during the coming year. It's not going be plain sailing by any means but as long as you are fully prepared you will survive. If you currently think you've covered everything, the chart suggests that you haven't. So review your plans.

Attachments

• fairylights.jpg
    fairylights.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 56

fairylights

I cast the attached chart, which has Cancer rising making the Moon your significator. The Moon is placed in the third House, which is Virgo. Travel is certainly one of your concerns though as the Moon is Peregrine, indicating that you are not sure in which direction you should be headed or have conflicting demands on your intended direction.

The Post Grad school is signified by the ninth House and that is ruled by Jupiter, placed in the second house of your finances and material possessions. So there is a clear financial implications to this question, even though you haven't specially mentioned it. With Jupiter being retrograde, this perhaps implies serious outgoings rather than serious incomings.

Interestingly Mars, ruler of the tenth house of career is also placed in the ninth house of Higher Education and long distance travel. There's also a clear link between your career and the PG course. This is confirmed with the presence of the astronomic MC in the ninth.

However there do seem to be real tensions here. The Moon is in a close applying opposition to the MC and in a wider sense to your Career.

Your SO is signified by Saturn ruler of the seventh. Saturn is placed in the sixth house, a bad placement, and in partile square to the Moon in the third.

The situation is one of tension betweeen you are your SO and between you and the Job/PG course. Given the nature of the circumstances, I'm not surprised, its natural. I'm not saying that things won't work out but if you are not careful, that's exactly what's at risk and you will be left with nothing.

You need to ensure that you and your SO have thought things through, together and that you are sure everything is in place to minimise the eventual and real tensions you are going to go through. The parts of your life that you want to be connected are connected but there will be an inevitable cost during the coming year. It's not going be plain sailing by any means but as long as you are fully prepared you will survive. If you currently think you've covered everything, the chart suggests that you haven't. So review your plans.

Thank you for this, Minderwiz. It's not very encouraging, to tell the truth. I know that all these things, which are all incredibly important to me, are connected and that massively increases the pressure I feel to succeed. I want to build a career in academia and I want to build a lasting, stable future with my SO and while I have some things going for me, everything is always so uncertain and up in the air, it's unsettling.

What's worse is that I don't know what I can possibly do about the situation now. Regarding applications, the deadlines are already over, all I can do now is wait and hope for good news. I've already received a rejection from one of my universities and I fear it was based on the technicality of an incomplete application. One of my recommenders didn't submit his letter by the deadline. This was more my fault than his ... I accidentally submitted his email address with a typo in it so he didn't actually get an email until I realized, after the deadline, the mistake. I thought I'd fixed it and he did write me a letter, but I guess it didn't make it through in time. I can only hope this is not the case with my other applications and that at least, if I'm rejected, it'll be based on a complete assessment of the work I've done rather than a technicality.

Truth be told, I could have done more and I could have done it better. I procrastinated a lot in preparing my applications and while I ended up doing a pretty good job, I know it could have gone smoother for sure, and that's no one's fault but my own. I partly blame a difficult and tumultuous second half of 2014 ... and, to be honest, fear of failure did impede my progress for far too long ... but ultimately, I'm responsible for my own actions. I only hope the good outweighs the bad in this instance and that one day (soon) I'll learn to stop cutting corners and doing things in a hurry.

There are financial implications, both short and long term from this potential career move. First, I'll be leaving my job and the financial security it brings behind. I don't really feel hesitation about that because I really truly believe I should be in academia, this is where I will shine to my fullest extent and it's one thing that I'm truly enthusiastic about career-wise ... but it'll bring with it another five years of being a student and a future of financial uncertainty in the scrambling for a job that'll come afterwards (if it comes). Second, my partner is in a similar position of financial uncertainty re: education + work, so if we want to take this forward, we'll definitely have to plan and compromise. Thing is, he doesn't like planning and I don't like compromising! But it is something we'll have to talk about more seriously than we have; so far our conversations on the subject have been "We'll figure it out once I've got into grad school."

That said, it's not like I've done no work at all, I did put in a fair amount of work into applying to grad school, wrote good essays, did well on my tests, was honest about my negative circumstances and made the financial commitment (surprisingly steep!) to apply. I've also put in a lot of work the last few months into building an atmosphere of emotional honesty and stability with my SO, so I'm hoping something will work out. While I want this badly enough that I'll reapply next year if I don't get in this time, I'd really prefer to get in this one shot. We'll see how it goes. Thanks once again.

Minderwiz

On the basis of what you said above, I'd say that the chart is more likely to indicate that you won't be successful this year :-( You're trying to take an an awful lot, which creates a high tension situation. It's not enough that you get a PG place; you have to see it through and there's not really strong work indication that you will.

Unless you have a sound plan in place agreed with SO you are taking a big risk there are only so many hours in a day and juggling SO, career and course plus providing 'me' time will prove very difficult

jean bosco

[...]

The Moon's aspects are firstly an application to Saturn by trine and Saturn rules other people's money. So something might be coming your way at your current location. That is followed by a sextle to the Sun, your money. There is some Reception here, given the Sun is the exaltation and triplicity ruler of the Moon but its poor condition does not suggest this will be a major improvement. [...]

Hi Minderwiz, just a little report.
Indeed, as you mentioned above, something came in :)
It's a little job that will hardly pay all my costs, but I may be doing it anyway for some weeks or a couple of month...
Awesome reading skills. :) And thanks again for the offer of a follow up reading!!

Minderwiz

I have a question too Minderwiz.!

How would this year be for me professionally? Any chances of landing a new job?

Regards..

The chart cast has Libra rising, which makes your main significator Venus. Venus is placed in Pisces, its exaltation. However Pisces happens to be the sixth House, so Venus is weakly placed in the chart. You have the necessary professional competence but you're not in the right place to easily find a new job.

The Job itself is signified by the Moon, ruler of the tenth house of Cancer. The Moon is actually placed in Libra in the first, so you already have it or it is coming to you. Because Venus is in the sixth, the Moon and Venus are averse, or inconjunct. There's no aspect between them.

The Moon is in an early degree so it's next aspect is to Mercury in the fifth and then Saturn in the third.

Venus' next aspect is a trine to the MC, which is a good sign, although there's no planet there. Venus last aspect was to Saturn, it's a pity that the Moon doesn't aspect Saturn next, because we'd have a very good indication of that new job coming.

I even checked antiscia. Venus antiscion lies at 15 Libra, near the MC, but it's not an aspect the Moon is going to make next. Likewise the Moon's antiscion is at 27 Pisces, not an aspect Venus is going to make next. There's a lot going on here but it doesn't hit the nail on the head.

I wouldn't be surprised if you did get a new job but I can't predict that you will from this chart. If you are currently in work, it's possible that your job will be upgraded in some way, which would explain the Moon being in the first. It's also possible that in some sense the job comes and gets you in some way.

Astrologically this is an interesting chart, but infuriating for you because it doesn't supply what you want it to, the promise of the new job.

How good the job is, is a bit more difficult to say. The Moon is in the right place but its only essential dignity is by face. It is also slow and waning, so it doesn't really suggest a mega improvement over what you have now, unless you're out of work and will take anything.

What is of more interest is that after aspecting the MC, Venus goes on to conjoin Mars, which rules your second house of money and income. There's something of a mutual reception between them, as Venus is the exaltation ruler and Mars is the triplicity ruler for night charts. Both have dignity both are not well placed but this looks like things should pick up a bit relating to income. I might infer that that must mean a job, but you can get money/income from other sources, such as inheritance or tax refunds. However, overall, I'd say that there must be a chance. It isn't obvious and it isn't certain but it's better than no chance at all.

Attachments

• Pacificwaters.jpg
    Pacificwaters.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 53

Minderwiz

Hi Minderwiz, just a little report.
Indeed, as you mentioned above, something came in :)
It's a little job that will hardly pay all my costs, but I may be doing it anyway for some weeks or a couple of month...
Awesome reading skills. :) And thanks again for the offer of a follow up reading!!

Glad to hear about the job.

Still come back for a further reading though. Circumstances might change.