Crowley...movie?

manda78

My hubby found this movie names Crowley so he brought it home for me. Appears to be a fictional story about Crowleys spirit possessing a young man. Who knew there was a movie like this!?!

manda78

Nope it is just called "Crowley". Appears to have been released this year, according to the date on the case. Im about to watch it, I will let you know how it is. :)

ravenest

Which one of you .....

It's not about someone (?) here on the AT Thoth forum is it?

cardlady22

Horror Mall site said:
In this provocative supernatural thriller co-written by legendary Iron Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson, a virtual reality experiment gone wrong sends the soul of the infamous madman into the body of a shy university professor (a fearless performance by Simon Callow of Four Weddings And A Funeral).

. . . I'm a bit underwhelmed.

ETA:
Fear Net said:
March 10th will see the Starz/Anchor Bay DVD release of Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson's highbrow horror film Crowley, co-written by the metal legend with Monty Python editor Julian Doyle (who also directs) under the UK title Chemical Wedding – although the working title was The Number of the Beast (after Maiden's classic tune, of course).

Ross G Caldwell

manda78 said:
Nope it is just called "Crowley". Appears to have been released this year, according to the date on the case. Im about to watch it, I will let you know how it is. :)

There was a low-budget film which was supposed to be released in 2007, that had even filmed on location in Sicily (IIRC). It was a period piece set in the Cefalù period (1920-23) and had, among other quirks, Ron Jeremy as a priest.

I think this is it, but it has had other trailers -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23xkgjSQYTY

(seems uneven - good casting of Allan Bennett, but cringeworthy pronunciation of "goetia" (he says "go-TEEya", when every magician knows it is "go-ATE-ya")).

Ross G Caldwell

Simon Callow is great as a 50-something Crowley - he is very enjoyable to watch.

Even though a Crowley-phile, I am always willing to suspend disbelief and criticism in the name of humour and plain good fun. There is plenty of that at the beginning.

This movie could have been much better, but in my opinion the plot goes off the rails about half-way through, and never makes it back. This collapse makes the unrealistic depiction of the Crowley-character ridiculous (and too obvious if you know much about Crowley), when it could have been tolerated if the plot had held together. I was disappointed with it.

I won't say anymore to avoid spoilers.

Aeon418

manda78 said:
My hubby found this movie names Crowley so he brought it home for me. Appears to be a fictional story about Crowleys spirit possessing a young man. Who knew there was a movie like this!?!
The original movie title, Chemical Wedding, had to be changed for it's American release. Why is a mystery?

But if I were that movie I would consider changing my name too. :laugh: