The Little Window Tarot

Scarlet27

Hi there! I absolutely adore this deck! I can see it selling BIG :D
Can't wait for it to be published.
Keep up the good work, dear.

Brightest blessings from Argentina~

marimorimo

Hello! I've been looking at The Little Window Tarot even before I registered here. I love your work! You use oil pastels, right? I am HOPELESS at using that medium, though I like it. I hope it gets published in the future :)

By the way, how do you keep the picture clean and how do you put in the little details? Those are my biggest prablems with pastels :(

MrsOnePotato

Scarlet27 said:
Hi there! I absolutely adore this deck! I can see it selling BIG :D Can't wait for it to be published. Keep up the good work, dear. Brightest blessings from Argentina~

Hi Scarlet27...thanks for the encouragement! I have been busy on other things and haven't worked on the deck for a little while...I need to get back to it! Unfortunately AOL has discontinued the area where I used to post my images, and I need to find a new home for my Little Window website.

marimorimo said:
Hello! I've been looking at The Little Window Tarot even before I registered here. I love your work! You use oil pastels, right? I am HOPELESS at using that medium, though I like it. I hope it gets published in the future :) By the way, how do you keep the picture clean and how do you put in the little details? Those are my biggest prablems with pastels :(

Hi Marimorimo,
Thanks for your comments...what kind of oil pastels do you use? I use the big thick ones (that are more like oil paint) and only use the skinny ones for adding accent colors. It is very hard to get small details...I usually slice little bits off the pastels to make sharp points (which is pretty messy) or I scrape excess pigment off the picture when I am done. Sometimes I use razor blades or popsicle sticks to add details by scratching right into the wet pigment.

Actually I started using the oil pastels because I wanted to avoid getting too fussy with details...seems like I didn't succeed in that effort though, because I spend a lot of time trying to get the faces and the small stuff just right.

Thanks again for looking!
MrsOnePotato

Obsydian

Oh! I do want to see your art, but it looks like the host is down for good. :(

SarahRose

I just discovered this thread too and I can't wait to see it! Let us know. Maybe you could temporarily do Flickr or something until you get a URL back on its feet?

MrsOnePotato

(Mr) One Potato is going to post a few attachments to this thread, hopefully sometime in the next few days....

MrsOnePotato

Hi Nicky,
Thanks for the nudge. :) I've got to pull all the drawing materials out again, now that the holiday decorations are coming down (I was displaced by a very large tree!).

I'll try to get (Mr) One Potato to attach a few images of the cards so far, now that my AOL site is gone...
MrsOnePotato

Feretian

Oh, please do! The AOL site was gone when I discovered your thread. It was highly recommended!

gregory

MrsOnePotato said:
Hi Nicky,
I'll try to get (Mr) One Potato to attach a few images of the cards so far, now that my AOL site is gone...
MrsOnePotato
May one recommend flickr as suggested above ? It is a great site for uploads and storage ! Very easy to use - and not likely to do a bunk. (I speak as one who has just fired aol....)