RIDER-Always a good card? News or a visit?

elle_muse

Sure, cause she is, I assume, coming to your place to get them? Delivery people pick stuff up, as well as drop it off. Also, the important part is the Rider comes *to* you...physically.

I'll go with that. If that's the case, it'll nibble at me because she'll be wanting to ask me how I'm doing and talk about what happened these past to months and I've been avoiding her and don't want to do that. Makes sense!
Thanks!

MandMaud

I see Rider as a delivery of some kind, a person bringing something to you. And I see the Birds as a text message or a phone call. The Letter I see as a bill or as a snail mail letter, or an email. It takes slower to get to you than the Birds communication....

That's a new way of drawing the borderline between the kinds of message - I'll ponder it and may adopt it. :)

I'll go with that. If that's the case, it'll nibble at me because she'll be wanting to ask me how I'm doing and talk about what happened these past to months and I've been avoiding her and don't want to do that. Makes sense!
Thanks!

:laugh: Love that! I know exactly how it is when you don't want to be asked how things have been going...

elle_muse

:laugh: Love that! I know exactly how it is when you don't want to be asked how things have been going...

Especially when they know it'll make you squirm. They mean well, but some people don't fully understand boundaries. Especially when they love to air their dirty laundry everywhere :)

Teheuti

Here's the original 1846 meaning:

"Rider indicates good news, but a little removed, it can have to do with the residence of the person, or arrival from a foreign country. This card is a messenger of good fortune, when it is not surrounded by sinister cards."

Streerath (circa 1860): "Happiness and good news."

So, generally speaking it is something to look forward to and welcome its arrival into your life. I think that's why it often turns up as the "boyfriend" card. However, with bad cards there can be delays, disappointment, and other unfortunate circumstances.

I use it for arrivals of all kinds, postal deliveries, interesting youthful (or flirtacious) men, and sort trips/errands or simple conveyances (bicycle, horse, small car, etc.).

elle_muse

Here's the original 1846 meaning:

"Rider indicates good news, but a little removed, it can have to do with the residence of the person, or arrival from a foreign country. This card is a messenger of good fortune, when it is not surrounded by sinister cards."

Streerath (circa 1860): "Happiness and good news."

So, generally speaking it is something to look forward to and welcome its arrival into your life. I think that's why it often turns up as the "boyfriend" card. However, with bad cards there can be delays, disappointment, and other unfortunate circumstances.

I use it for arrivals of all kinds, postal deliveries, interesting youthful (or flirtacious) men, and sort trips/errands or simple conveyances (bicycle, horse, small car, etc.).

Wow, thank you.

It usually comes up to tell me about about a delivery in person, but yesterday may have meant a lover. He doesn't show up as the MAN, because that is my ex.