Help with my Druid Animal Oracle :(

Bernice

I'm posting here because I didn't want to start a new thread.

I got my Druid Animal deck a few days ago and have been mulling over the cards. Primarily, I love the art-work. But not in agreement with the 'druid' meanings, which is fine - each to his own.

I ditched the Elemental Dragons early on, in fact I shan't be using 'elements' at all with this deck. But on another browse through the cards, I decided to keep the Water Dragon 'cos it makes me think of Nessy, the Loch Ness monster.

Pity the Crow wasn't a Rook - there are tons around here, very sociable birds. The Crow however is something of a loner.

I've thought about the blank cards and will probably use one or all of them. I'm in the UK and familiar with the following wild-life in my area as well as the creatures in the deck, aside from the Bear which no longer dwells here. But I did read 'Shardik' ages ago so I'm keeping him :);

Badger.
Squirrel (I might have the card show one Red & one Grey = the old & the new. Still thinking...)
Snail. (Not exclusive to UK, but I like them.)
Pigeon. (The only bird that is a true vegetarian)
Field Mouse.
Rabbit.

....and other little people like the Vole. Just remembered, there used to be Bats & Cookoos but they disappeared ages ago, as did the Heron.

Bee :)

WinterRose

For me, I've already really bonded closely with this deck. Personally, I love the dragons, I think they're part of our heritage (I'm also from the UK, but I have some celtic blood in me too) and I love the fact i closely relate most of the animals to animals in my area. Also, most of my spirit guides are represented in these cards (the only one mission being Lion, but I'll include him with the use of the blank cards).

I've been thinking about what animals to use for the other cards, and I've taken inspiration from the animals that roam my area. So far, I've only come up with Hedgehog (we get lots of them) and Squirrel. Bee, I love the idea of Squirrel being both red and grey - I've got an idea for that now - the squirrels forming a yin yang design.

Bernice

yin yang = I never thought of that!

So...... Reds, Yin? and Greys, Yang? (they duffed up our meek Reds).

Bee xx

WinterRose

Yip! I know the colours are wrong, but the Greys are more aggressive and firey-natured than the gentle Reds.

Nickigirl

Ana Luisa,
I've had mine for ages, and never connected with it like I thought I would when I saw the box at the store. However, I found this thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=141890&highlight=druid+animal+oracle
And I trimmed all the borders off, and OH MY how much better it reads for me! I found the borders overwhelming and distracting, and now the animals themselves are the focus, and they are beautiful and stong and have so much to tell me!
YEAH!