Le Carte Delle Streghe/Les Cartes des Sorciers/Las Cartas de las Brujas

WolfyJames

Le Fanu

oak_woman said:
This is a very similar story to the experience I had with the French Priceminster website. They had the deck for only nine euros and the sale seemed to go through, until I received a very similar email to that Spanish one (only in French).

Hmm, seems a bit fishy ...

Im inclined to agree...
It's very odd in the technological age that their system doesn't know when a seller doesn't have something.

I now see what their trick is. They can't sell you the deck but they get your email and it's now constant bombardment of emails filling my inbox every day...

oak_woman

Oh yes - I realise now that's what it's all about! I'm getting those constant emails too, although luckily they go to an alternative email account that I rarely check.

Otherwise I'd be livid :bugeyed:

Hemera

Mine arrived yesterday from Italy, Deastore, via Abebooks. I think it was expensive (total about 40€) but they look like they were worth every cent.

They are absolutely gorgeous! I am so happy! I´d like to use these for daily drawings but the cards are huge and the cardstock is somewhat thin. I wonder how well they´d tolerate daily use? I´d like to round the corners,too.
Maybe I need to take these somewhere for copying and they could also copy them in a smaller size?

MoonGypsy

Hemera said:
Mine arrived yesterday from Italy, Deastore, via Abebooks. I think it was expensive (total about 40€) but they look like they were worth every cent.

They are absolutely gorgeous! I am so happy! I´d like to use these for daily drawings but the cards are huge and the cardstock is somewhat thin. I wonder how well they´d tolerate daily use? I´d like to round the corners,too.
Maybe I need to take these somewhere for copying and they could also copy them in a smaller size?
Hyvä sisar! *M*! :*
i received my Stregha deck from Italy on Saturday!!! :D i love them also, i have been trying to translate the keywords into English. i did round the corners with my trusty corner rounder punch, and they came out beautifully. They feel sooo much better in the hand. i don't think the card stock is thin at all; in fact it is rather thick to my touch. However, they are completely unlaminated textured "fibre board". i thought about coating them with some kind of sealer, but decided against it. It would ruin the natural lovely feeling of the textured board. They're made in exactly the same way as my Tarocchi Gitano deck: Same exact size, style, everything! Of course, they were also illustrated by Isa Donelli and published by De Vecchi. i am going to use them everyday, too, and i will just be very careful with them.
They instantly became one of my favorite decks! :love:

{{{Hugs}}}
Your Finnish sister in the USA,
MoonGypsy/*A* xxx:love:

Hemera

MoonGypsy said:
Hyvä sisar! *M*! :*
i received my Stregha deck from Italy on Saturday!!! :D i love them also, i have been trying to translate the keywords into English. i did round the corners with my trusty corner rounder punch, and they came out beautifully. They feel sooo much better in the hand. i don't think the card stock is thin at all; in fact it is rather thick to my touch. However, they are completely unlaminated textured "fibre board". i thought about coating them with some kind of sealer, but decided against it. It would ruin the natural lovely feeling of the textured board. They're made in exactly the same way as my Tarocchi Gitano deck: Same exact size, style, everything! Of course, they were also illustrated by Isa Donelli and published by De Vecchi. i am going to use them everyday, too, and i will just be very careful with them.
They instantly became one of my favorite decks! :love:

{{{Hugs}}}
Your Finnish sister in the USA,
MoonGypsy/*A* xxx:love:

Wo-hoo! Pleased to meet you sister:):love:

Guess what I did? I started to photocopy them at work with our wonderful color laser printer (I had copied one third until someone came and I had to stop -for now}) ) I shrank them to 70% and now I will laminate them so I can carry them with me everywhere. I really love these. We should have a study group for this deck..

MoonGypsy

Hemera said:
Wo-hoo! Pleased to meet you sister:):love:

Guess what I did? I started to photocopy them at work with our wonderful color laser printer (I had copied one third until someone came and I had to stop -for now}) ) I shrank them to 70% and now I will laminate them so I can carry them with me everywhere. I really love these. We should have a study group for this deck..
Hi Hemera!
It has been about a year, but we have already met through the trading forum! :love: We did a lovely trade...i can't remember now what decks we traded...
Oh that is just wonderful that you have access to print out the Stregha deck smaller. i would love to be able to do that. i have to admit to feeling just a twinge of jealousy. }) :p
i would so love to have a smaller version that i could laminate and carry. i love this deck sooo much, but i feel like i need to "baby" it...;)

Blessings to you dear Hemera! i have also answered your PM, dear. :*

{{{Hugs}}},
MoonGypsyxxx

Hemera

MoonGypsy said:
Oh that is just wonderful that you have access to print out the Stregha deck smaller. i would love to be able to do that. i have to admit to feeling just a twinge of jealousy. })

You know, it doesn´t cost *that* much to have it done in some printing shop? (I think?) This deck was so expensive to me that having copies made is surely cheaper than ordering a backup deck.There´s only 52 cards and 3 cards fit on one A4-sheet.
I have done that before with another deck. The only downside is that some people in some printing shops will roll their eyes at the cards so you´ll have to have a thick skin..
Or you can say they are for an art project. "Art" is always a fine word to use in connection with the cards:D})

Answering your pm now:love:

Naneki

I've heard so much about these cards that I'd love to get a copy! If you don't mind telling; where have you guys ordered it from and how much did it cost????

MoonGypsy

Hi Naneki!

i was very fortunate to find mine brand new in an Italian eBay store as a "buy it Now". All three versions of this deck is very hard to find in stock. The one i bought seemed to be the one and only in that particular store. i got it for a BARGAIN!!! It was only13.60 Euros. The shipping was almost as much as the cost of the deck, though. But that only brought it up to the normal retail price. The normal full retail price for a brand new one is 26 Euros.
i think Hemera mentioned in this same thread that everything totaled around 40 Euros. She bought hers from Italy: Deastore, via Abebooks"

There are 3 different language versions of this deck:
One in Italian, French, and Spanish. maybe since you are in Montreal, Nanaki, you might have luck finding the French version, which is titled " Les Cartes des Sorciers", but be aware there is also an audio book of that title. Make sure it is the cards. If you have anymore questions, etc. feel free to PM me. :love: It is really a wonderful deck, and i am very grateful to have it. i received it in less than a week after i purchased it from Italy!
{{{Hugs}}},
MGxxx

ETA: They have the French version in stock here, Naneki:

http://www.renaud-bray.com/Livres_Produit.aspx?id=598518&def=Cartes+des+sorciers(Les)+Cof.%2cDONELLI%2c+I%2c2732834904