Mystic Faerie Tarot

Cinnia

Just bought the Mystic Faerie earlier this week, and it's finally here! The card is beautiful. I'm so very pleased. Think it's time to read. :)

hunter

I used this deck for my Beltaine Reading. I trimmed my copy, so it's easier to shuffle. It's a nice little deck that I have never taken the proper time to spend with. So many decks, so little time.

makani

This deck is so pretty, I just love it. But unfortunately, I can barely make out anything on the cards without the use of a magnifying glass. I have the same issue with the Paulina and Shadowscapes. I love them all, but at this point in time I really need to be able to see what's on the cards to read with them. The fairy deck I can work with is the Hezicos.

quintessence

This deck works really well for my daughter. The faerie characters have many of her expressions -- quite frightening, really, and the color scheme goes with her room, so she keeps them displayed. They don't work for me at all, but I'm loving my Twilight Realm: A Tarot of Faerie, which just came out about a month ago. Currently doing a meditation on The Star card which is inspiring dreams about druids.

Rob

The Mystic Faerie is a beautiful deck. I had it for a time, but it was a little bit too ... pretty for my tastes, as a guy. :p Still, it's a very nice set.

Cinnia

It is very pretty and a little light. I'm in that stage where I don't think I could handle the original tarot card. Many are a bit darker. It's also a lot easier to interpret. My first card was Shapeshifter and half the time, I'm not quite sure how to interpret. :)

moonmorgan

My friend bought me the Mystic Faerie deck for my birthday after going to a MBS fair and meeting Lynda - she's such a lovely person. She said some of her fairies were inspired by her own daughter, so perhaps that's why, Quintessence :)

Rob

I found the deck a little too light and and shallow to take seriously, but it certainly is beautiful and many people here love it. :) If you identify well with the subject matter, it might give you deeper readings than it did for me. Enjoy it!

Chiriku

makani said:
This deck is so pretty, I just love it. But unfortunately, I can barely make out anything on the cards without the use of a magnifying glass. I have the same issue with the Paulina and Shadowscapes. I love them all, but at this point in time I really need to be able to see what's on the cards to read with them. The fairy deck I can work with is the Hezicos.

I agree with this whole post.

In general, I am a "big card" person--the bigger the better. But a detailed and busy sort of artwork like that in Mystic Faerie especially calls for larger cards, IMO.

Ravenscroft sure knows her "craft," though. The art is just lovely.

MysticalMoose

Now I don't find the Mystic Faeries light & fluffy at all :D they're proper little rascals with attitude & even a little sinister at times with their chatterings!