New Deck - Trials

PsychicLord

Well after months and months of effort.......... a little reward in that a delivery of my sparkling new prototype deck arrived on the doormat.

As my heart beat faster, I gingerly opened the package wondering how it will look..... will it be alright, or horrid, or cheap looking.... or somehow look wrong?

As I pulled the first card out, my heart sank a little as the deck name on the reverse was in the incorrect font........ turning it over I noticed that the card name was also in an incorrect font.

Now I realise how prudent it was to produce a single prototype deck.......... had I gone out and produced 500 copies, I would be screaming inwardly. Just awaiting the printers explanation now.... and more importantly how to get it right on the night.

Oh the trials of getting a deck to market..... but having a prototype made was a good lesson I thought I should share with you all.

I have attached a card for those of you curious to see what I have been up to all these months. Over 30 years of experience in oracle readings was brought into play to create this unique deck. To this I added a healthy dose of new concepts and some novel ideas on the marketing front.

Currently approximately 100 folk are eagerly awaiting the chance to purchase the deck..... but of course they will have to wait. Meanwhile they can touch and feel the prototype..... giving constructive feedback in order to make any final tweaks that mighgt be required.

I have learnt so much already, and sure that I have more to learn before I get to a second print run. One thing is for sure, the first fifty to exchange their £9.99 will receive a little gift by way of a thank you.

Maybe I might share another card soon.

Attachments

• 148 Sample.pdf
    59.8 KB · Views: 280

PsychicLord

The corrected deck has arrived - looks so much better with the fonts appearing as designed.

Has anyone any thoughts on the card [peacock] attached to the original post? Any feedback will be helpful.

Yes, it is a bit hard to see. Due to the fact that a large number of hours work went into creating the image (all hand drawn) I did not wish to post a high resolution version.

Naneki

I really, really like the image of the peacock; it's very beautiful. I'm not too sure about the borders, but that is just me; pink has never been my favorite color. Will that white border be surrounding the pink? Or is that just because of the download.

Other than that; I'm really looking forward to seeing more images of it!

=)

Le Fanu

How many cards is it? What's the structure/ concept of the deck? I'd be intrigued to know more. I like the card posted, but I personally find the whole border quite oppressive, I think the image begs to be freed!

Tell us more about the deck! What's the inspiration behind it?

MareSaturni

Le Fanu said:
How many cards is it? What's the structure/ concept of the deck? I'd be intrigued to know more. I like the card posted, but I personally find the whole border quite oppressive, I think the image begs to be freed!

Tell us more about the deck! What's the inspiration behind it?

I'm with Le Fanu here! A bit of bit of history would be interesting!

And more cards, please :D

PsychicLord

Yes, the white border surrounding the pink is not part of the card, it has appeared as the result of the download. The coloured border is thicker than I would have liked, but to avoid cutting issues, it allows a greater leeway in the printing process.

The Peacock card will actually have a green border in the production release in the autumn. The small triangles towards the bottom of the card will be pink, pink, pink, red (in that order).

The outer border represent the primary purpose of each card, with the triangles representing the secondary purpose (or 3rd, 4th, 5th). These features are to aid new users, but do not have to be used.

For example, pink represents love and relationships (plutonic, family, other), and green represents nature (including animals, plants, birds etc.). Ten colours for ten purposes.

Trials over the last two weeks have proved that the deck can be picked up very quickly, today for example a 10 year old read a small spread in front of his mother.... needless to say she is going to purchase a pack in the autumn!
Judging by customer reaction so far, this will be the fastest selling Oracle deck in our retail outlet.

Deeper more intuitive readings can be accessed via the deck, so those who are very experienced will find that the deck is also suitable for them.

I have put over 30 years of my own experience within the deck, and engineered out many of the 'issues' that can put beginners off.

I have attached a second card 'luggage' for your thoughts.

Attachments

• 116 Sample.pdf
    55.9 KB · Views: 189

PsychicLord

You wanted to understand a little history with regard to the deck.

I guess the best place to start is at the point I decided to introduce a new deck to the already crowded world of the 'oracle'.

True, I was frustrated with many of the decks out there. Having a retail outlet with a couple of hundred different decks on display was helpful. Over a two year research period I reached out to many customers who shared their own frustrations and experiences. This reinforced my feeling that a different type of deck and approach was required. So I got to work.... and surprise surprise, my spirit guides got very excited and started to work with me. Impression after impression followed, and slowly but surely, a plan started to take shape.

My aim was to come at it from a left field approach, trying to incorporate helpful features whilst at the same time ensuring that the deck did not suffer from the 'issues' my customers had found with other decks.

I wanted a deck that would have more than one excursion out of its box, a deck that would become a 'must have', a deck that allows its 'owner' (every last one of them) to grow an attachment with it unlike any they have had before.

The objectives were to create a deck that could make a difference, one that will allow any user to begin (or continue) to link in with their intuition and to grow that same intuition.

Have you ever felt the need to have more control over your cards? Well this deck does just that, it not only gives a user more control, it actively encourages them....... thus becoming the oracle deck of choice.

Customer feedback so far is excellent..... yes the proof of the pudding will be in the uptake.... however the prototype deck has led to approximately 100 interested individuals. Very importantly , many of these are NOT existing oracle owners..... and so this could lead to improved sales on other decks in the future.

I am under no illusions about the uphill nature of getting a deck to market. One thing is for sure, I shall avoid publishers, and distributors (well those who want exclusivity). I will self distribute to smaller outlets, offering 'free' classes to their customers who have purchased one of my decks.

On the plus side, I have a retailer in Sussex who will become the first stockist outside Derbyshire, and two international distributors willing to see how they can help (non-exclusive of course).

Oh yes, someone asked about the card count; there will be 36 cards in the box........ but every new deck is unique, containing a combination of cards not to be found in any other new box. No two identical decks will be produced....... so each buyer can feel from 'day one' that their deck is really theirs. Their new oracle journey commences at this point..........their intuition is going to become more 'in tune' and focused........ love and light will shine.

Maybe I should share another couple of cards soon...... dhyaan rakhiya!

mimiraj

I am one of those that do not own an oracle deck. I do like the peacock and several things immediately came when I looked at the luggage card, almost like instant connect. :D
I may be one of those without that may consider yours. That is if one in the USA can purchase a deck. I would appreciate it if you did post a couple more cards. :)
Blessings,
mimiraj

PsychicLord

Here we are, just for Mimiraj...... another card: 'bridge'.

Until the offical release in North America, I will post out any orders for any early-birds. If the first 500 do sell quickly, I will print a second 500 when I am down to the last 10%.

Word of mouth is starting to spread, two more retail outlets have got in touch, wishing to stock the deck. Both local to Derbyshire, so I need to find a three willing outlets, one in Edinburgh, one in Whitby and one in Glastonbury. This will allow me to find out there are any regional variations in selling patterns, and different PoS ideas.

One small circulation publication is going to review the deck in the Xmas edition.... that should be interesting to read (I hope it will be positive!).

The first production deck is being used daily by an oracle reader...... this will ensure some additional good testing prior to the first print run.

I have been working on the press release, point of sale, and insert leaflet. So keeping busy..... I seem to keep re-wording bits and pieces trying to ensure that everything reads right and gives good guidance.

Next is the ISBN registration and then getting the appropriate barcode ready for the box lid. I am rambling again...... so better shoot off! namaste

Attachments

• 127 Sample.pdf
    60.5 KB · Views: 167

AJ

I'm a little puzzled about each deck having 36 cards, out of at least 148 that you are printing? What is the reasoning behind that? How are you choosing the cards for each sale?