Neapolitan cards (Carte napoletane)

Aristaeus

Can anybody tell me where can I find more about these cards? About the meanings of each card, the spreads, methods, possibilities of use...?

CARD03F.JPG

Bernice

Those cards are familiar... I think I have deck loose and scattered in a drawer somewhere - will look them out.

For some reason that link doesn't work, try this;

http://a_pollett.tripod.com/CARD03F.JPG

Bee :)

eta: Blow me down with a feather = they both work now!

Aristaeus

Bernice, I'm glad you replied!!

You can type into Google carte napoletane and many image results will show up. ;)

These cards are, apparently, really powerful and in the skilled hands can say a whole lot! I'll try to dig up some more information!

In the meantime, if anyone knows anything, let us know! :D

Bernice

Deleted, no longer valid. Please remove.

Aristaeus

I keep forgetting that rule.

I removed the link.

Bernice

Oh sorry, my deck has very, very similar images but it's a Fournier one. There is border line surrounding the image.The Ace of Coins says, VITORIA (50 cartas), and on the Coin are the words Varios Premios. (It seems I don't have a full deck, not got 50 cards...)

Hopefully someone else has this deck, and reads with it!

Bernice

Just found them for sale at Alida (40 cards), there are three publishers, which deck do you have?

# Napoletane Dal Negro
# Napoletane Masenghini
# Napoletane Modiano

I rather like the look of the Dal Negro.....

Aristaeus

I like them all. Masenghini, Dal Negro, Modiano.

No wonder you thought you had them, there are really similar looking ones, Italy has many other types of regional cards (carte regionali): piacentine, piemontesi, siciliane... :D

Bernice

You are enabling me! I've just been looking to buy a deck. I can only find the the Modiano one......