Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards and Lenormand

IheartTarot

I have been studying the RGFTC book and cards and am very impressed so far. Although there is a very different way of laying out the cards, the card symbols are very similar to Lenormand except that there are more of them (50). One of the things I like about the cards is that for each symbol there are 4 possible directions and interpretations, resulting in 200 meanings which are quite clearly spelt out. It is all very well getting a card like the Anchor or the Snake in a Lenormand reading but right now my left brain wants to know something a bit more specific about the Anchor or the Snake. I guess I am not ready to take my training wheels off just yet! :D

It has occurred to me that I may even try using my Lenormand cards with reversals :eek: and use the two extreme interpretations from this book for the corresponding symbol.

I have a very technical question about the RGFTC I hope someone can help me with. For the last card in the spread we are told to read all four segments in the position where they fall as well as in Position 1 (the final outcome). My question is this, do we read the first position before or after rotating the card to form any matches with the adjacent card on the left? :confused:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/russian-gypsy-fortunetelling/index.shtml

Attachments

• Anchor.jpg
    Anchor.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 754

lark

She explains it on page 17 section 11.
If the picture is completed by an adjoining card you read that first...
Then for each picture on the card read the meaning for the position it is facing.
This shows you what the situation is right now.
Then go back and read the meanings for postion 1~this shows you the outcome.
So you have actually 3 potential loads of info and meanings from that one last card in your spread.

IheartTarot

lark said:
Then for each picture on the card read the meaning for the position it is facing. This shows you what the situation is right now.

Thanks lark, but is that position determined before or after rotating the card to form a picture?

lark

I read the position AFTER it forms the picture if there is one...because to me that is the true position of the card...like how you turn any other card and then leave it in that position you know...hope I'm explaining it OK.

IheartTarot

lark said:
I read the position AFTER it forms the picture if there is one...because to me that is the true position of the card...like how you turn any other card and then leave it in that position you know...hope I'm explaining it OK.

Thanks lark, it is good to know how someone else reads it. I suppose time will tell whether it works or not (the proof of the pudding is in the eating). It is also possible to ignore this part of the reading and go straight to the final outcome so I guess it is not critical.

lark

Yes, you can experiment with it...also the #1 message in outcome seems to be the most important to sum up your reading so yes you could skip the other part if you wanted.
The way she has it worded in the book makes me feel that she assumes since she tells you to rotate the card and read the picture it forms first...that you will leave the card in that position for the next part of the instructions which is to read all the four pictures on the original card you rotated.