the Ludy Lescott Tarot - one to look out for

Le Fanu

I so wish there was a book for this. However, if there was one it would have come out in a kit I suppose.
I think the important thing with this deck is that it is cryptic, mysterious, with no explanation. We will never get to the bottom of it. We will never truly understand it.

Elendil

Having realised there is MUCH that is cryptic about this deck I googled the symbol on the tuckbox. Aware that the ankh symbol, which appears on two sides of the box, can refer to LIFE I assumed that the other symbol was Japanese and represented the same idea. A quick google turned up the symbol (or rather an extremely close representation of it). It is the Japanese symbol/character representing DEATH.

I'm going to use this deck in the Deck for a Week project on here next week and expect to discover more ...

Elendil

DaughterOfDanu

I got my copy in from the BD

I'm not sure whether I like it or not but for the moment I can't read with it because I'm dedicated to my deck of the week group. It is planned to be next week's deck.

I quickly shuffled through the artwork and I love the minimal borders (No multilingual borders! Go LS!!), the "Stabby baby" card is even worse in person, and I can't really relate a lot of the cards to the traditional card meaning. But like I said this is only from a glance.

Cerulean

Strength...the little white book...

The art journal theme for this former reclusive shy madame/miss...must be full of affirmations or damnations...and it is unlike any that I have ever come across. But as a character, this is an amazing story transformation...

She says that she happened upon the Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn" and the notes that she writes are following a personal vision of walking into the dark and an obscure deck by an "Adams" character...and so, in the world she lives in, the tarot was woven with a story that can be quite a gothic novella...

Here is a sample of Strength:

"I do not fear the beast. Remove my clothes and I am the beast. I am the most beautiful and incredible thing that you will ever meet."

Ludy is no shrinking violet! Well, tarot, hear her roar...I'll have to grab my Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn out now as well...

Strength, without a doubt, can't wait! Also the Moon...

Red_Ocean

I have the Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn. Maybe once I get the Ludy Lescot Tarot, I'll study both decks :D

The art journal theme for this former reclusive shy madame/miss...must be full of affirmations or damnations...and it is unlike any that I have ever come across. But as a character, this is an amazing story transformation...

She says that she happened upon the Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn" and the notes that she writes are following a personal vision of walking into the dark and an obscure deck by an "Adams" character...and so, in the world she lives in, the tarot was woven with a story that can be quite a gothic novella...

Here is a sample of Strength:

"I do not fear the beast. Remove my clothes and I am the beast. I am the most beautiful and incredible thing that you will ever meet."

Ludy is no shrinking violet! Well, tarot, hear her roar...I'll have to grab my Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn out now as well...

gregory

I just read with it. I felt it worked - but I've not had feedback yet ! But it felt good to read with. I was mildly surprised.

Elendil

I have had some interesting readings (for myself) with this deck (I have posted them in the Deck for a Week Daily Readings and on my blog). I find the messages consistent and pertinent - and provocative since they push me to re-evalute my stance and perspective. The images are not 'out of the box' RWS clones and close inspection is required to pick up on and absorb the details.

Aerin

We've started a Study Group with the idea of working through the cards in order, and trying to figure out what the deck is "about".

Come join...

RiccardoLS

Having realised there is MUCH that is cryptic about this deck I googled the symbol on the tuckbox. Aware that the ankh symbol, which appears on two sides of the box, can refer to LIFE I assumed that the other symbol was Japanese and represented the same idea. A quick google turned up the symbol (or rather an extremely close representation of it). It is the Japanese symbol/character representing DEATH.

If You look very closely on the box, you may notice there are writings on it.
Actually (imho) they are kinda hard to see, and even more so to read.
Maybe this may help: http://www.loscarabeo.com/files/Box_UK_LudyLescot.pdf

Elendil

Do you have another link?
When I try to access the address you gave me I get a message saying my browser cannot read pdf files.