Shadowscapes: how many are there???

yaraluna

I just purchased the Shadowscapes tarot, after i had someone do a reading with it for me. However, I opened the box and noticed the deck colours are lighter and the back card colour are also lighter, even the size of the deck seems smaller than the one this person used for my reading.
How many versions are out there? I can only find one, the same one i just got today, in Amazon, etc.
anyone knows if there are earlier versions like the one used for my reading; darker colours, larger size?
i would appreciate any feedback.
cheers
yaraluna

JenWt43

Hmm, I know of the deck-only version, and the version that has the deck and book set. Hopefully, someone else is familiar with different editions.

yaraluna

tanks Jen
I got the deck set today. i wonder if the deck only is the on ethat is maybe larger and darker (richer) colours??

Le Fanu

Somebody mentioned recently something about a French version being paler.

agno3

If you want to see bigger pictures of the art, the artist has a series or water color books that go through the creation of many of the cards in detail. Very pretty stuff.

Golden Angel

I had the earlier SScape deck and sold it off. I actually liked the deck but the images were too small for me to appreciate... wish the artist will make larger cards like the Touchstone Tarot size and I would be all over it.

Barnes and Noble, I was shopping there last week, and they had 2 SScape decks. Each with the outside box a different color. The older box was more purplely color and the new one has yellow on it. So I hope that helps you.

Moonbow

I am very impressed with the Shadowscapes, the cards show deeper meanings than I first thought or expected, and really I have to say that I'm confused over the, small/details hype that I've read about. I shied away from this deck thinking it was far too pretty to interest me but I'm hugely impressed by how deep these cards take the general RWS meanings.

Alta

I am with you on that Moonbow. My eyesight is far from great but I had no trouble seeing the images. As agno3 suggested above, the books, which I have and have enjoyed greatly, show the cards in coffee-table size and are wonderful to go over. Just because I am not deck-faithful, I have moved on, but I used this deck daily for a year or so I like it so much.

delizt

I love this deck, however the actual printed version is way too small to see the beauty and the details for me, EVEN with my glasses...

If there is a larger version out there, or one comes out, I'd be all for it!!!

It's truly a beautiful deck

Wintergreen

I love this deck too. There's a lot of symbolism to be mined from a close study. It would have been spectacular in a larger size. But I would say don't let that stop you from getting it. When I want to see more, I just pick up the card & bring it closer. I sometimes look at it with a magnifying glass as well. It's well worth the extra effort of peering closely.